Which would you rather have...............

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Matthew 19:24

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

24 Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

Matthew 19:24,Matthew 21:31,Mark 9:47,Mark 10:14,John 3:5 NASB - Again I say to you it is easier for a - Bible Gateway

Okay.........so now we know how Yeshua felt about it, as well as have various places in the Bible where it shows how God took a personal interest in certain people because of their faith and trust in Him, so which would you rather have.............

A) You would have a connection to God much like Jacob and Abraham did, but you'd never make more than 20,000/year.

OR

B) You would be fabulously wealthy and rich, but you'd also be an atheist.

Which would you rather have?

Hmm..........maybe everyone is too afraid to list their choices, because they don't want to show their true selves on here.

24 Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

Matthew 19:24,Matthew 21:31,Mark 9:47,Mark 10:14,John 3:5 NASB - Again I say to you it is easier for a - Bible Gateway

Okay.........so now we know how Yeshua felt about it, as well as have various places in the Bible where it shows how God took a personal interest in certain people because of their faith and trust in Him, so which would you rather have.............

A) You would have a connection to God much like Jacob and Abraham did, but you'd never make more than 20,000/year.

OR

ABS?.....in both scenarios does God actually exist?......if so i will go with no 1.....if you knew there was a God and you spit in his face regardless just to be wealthy,then that person would be a fool......

OR

ABS?.....in both scenarios does God actually exist?......if so i will go with no 1.....if you knew there was a God and you spit in his face regardless just to be wealthy,then that person would be a fool......

Actually, in the one where you're poor, God demonstrates His love for you by taking care of you with what you need, but not necessarily what you want.

In the second one, you're too wrapped up in yourself, that even if God did intervene in your life, you'd discount it as "coincidence".

Which...........if you think about it..........is kinda what is going on today.

OR

I'd rather do like the passage says and be wealthy and rich my whole life but leave it all to others when I die as I won't take my wealth to the kingdom of God.

OR

I'd rather do like the passage says and be wealthy and rich my whole life but leave it all to others when I die as I won't take my wealth to the kingdom of God.

There is no reference in what Yeshua taught that said you could be wealthy and then give things away to get into Heaven.

The true intent of what Yeshua said was that if you're rich, you're too wrapped up in getting more stuff for yourself, which means that you look for God and think about Him less, because you're thinking mostly about yourself.

OR

There is no reference in what Yeshua taught that said you could be wealthy and then give things away to get into Heaven.

The true intent of what Yeshua said was that if you're rich, you're too wrapped up in getting more stuff for yourself, which means that you look for God and think about Him less, because you're thinking mostly about yourself.

There is no refernce in what Yeshua taught that said you couldn't be wealthy as long as you give that wealth away throughout your life voluntarily.

OR

That would be my reaction also.

It is interesting that people use one quote about the perils of wealth from the Bible to make their point... there are so many others to demonstrate a much more complex view towards wealth.

"There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your brothers and toward the poor and needy in your land." Deuteronomy 15:11

"Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life." 1 Timothy 6:17-19

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.' They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?' He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least among you, you did not do for me.'" Matthew 25:41-45

OR

I would choose the path to Salvation. You are missing something though. For a camel to go through the eye of a needle , A gate to the city, requiring the camel to be unburdened from the load it carries, pass through the gate he would otherwise not fit through, and then have the burden repacked, sort of like a Customs Stop. In the end, after inspection, you get everything back. Get it? I hope this is helpful to you.

Now there is a philosophy, "God First In All Things". In that, anything that threatens that can be viewed as Idolatry, and puts Salvation at risk. Better to remove the stumbling block, be it riches, Lust, Envy, Hate. Starting to see the Dawn? Great.

It is interesting that people use one quote about the perils of wealth from the Bible to make their point... there are so many others to demonstrate a much more complex view towards wealth.

"There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your brothers and toward the poor and needy in your land." Deuteronomy 15:11

"Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life." 1 Timothy 6:17-19

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.' They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?' He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least among you, you did not do for me.'" Matthew 25:41-45

Yep. It's not about what you have or how much. It's about who you serve, and what you do about it. 10 fold, 30 fold, 100 fold, it's all good. :) Another gauge might be how you apply what you have to offer to specific circumstance.

The richer you are on earth, the poorer you'll be in heaven.

The poorer you are on earth, the richer you'll be in heaven.

OR

Why can't I do both in life, well except for the atheist part?

Last edited:

It's not about wealth, it's about humbleness...

Greed is covet...

Covet is greed..

Hmm..........maybe everyone is too afraid to list their choices, because they don't want to show their true selves on here.

I'm an atheists. I swear to God I am.

But seriously.

Actually, there is no choice involved. Those who are convinced that God exists (as I am) have already opted for number one and those who are atheists naturally have already chosen the second option.

However, although I believe in God I am not a Bible-believing Christian. Contrary to what faith-based religions propose, belief is not volitional; that is, we cannot will ourselves to believe one way or another. Belief is an involuntary act; it is our perspective created by our total life's experiences filtered through the prism of our individual preferences and prejudices. How we believe is formed by many things which are beyond our control. We are - all of us - a product of our heredity and our environment. We are not so much masters of our beliefs as we are its slaves. There is no doubt that many of those who now embrace the Christian faith would have been fervent Muslims instead had they been born at another time and place. That is why I am convinced that God will not judge us by what we believe but rather how we live our lives in accordance with that belief.

As for me, since I believe in God I cannot imagine a life without that belief. However, suppose I could get $1,000,000 for being an atheist for only 30 seconds, would I take the option? I would want to, but I there is no way I could suspend my belief in God. I cannot will myself to believe contrary to what I know to be true, not for a million dollars, not even for 30 seconds.

Because Mr. Nick, it's hard for a rich man to enter Heaven.

Or.......did you miss the reference?

Actually, as you would know... if you understood what the bible says... it is not so much 'hard' because of the money - it is 'hard' if rich people covet their wealth over their relationship with God and their duty to their fellow man. Taking one line from the bible to justify a belief is as stupid as taking one sentence from a politician. Context, GayBiker, context.

Because Mr. Nick, it's hard for a rich man to enter Heaven.

Or.......did you miss the reference?

Actually, as you would know... if you understood what the bible says... it is not so much 'hard' because of the money - it is 'hard' if rich people covet their wealth over their relationship with God and their duty to their fellow man. Taking one line from the bible to justify a belief is as stupid as taking one sentence from a politician. Context, GayBiker, context.

Cali has it.

Its ok to be rich or wealthy as long as you use your wealth/riches/good fortune to positively help those around you.

That passage doesn't say that you can't be wealthy if you want to get into heaven like Biker is trying to misrepresent it to say.

Forum List

Back