Can I watch TV and be a good Catholic?

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
I watched a movie Sunday night called Anon. It was very much film noir, but with a modern theme based on modern technology.

But interspersed was raunchy sex scenes featuring full female nudity, and really none of it was necessary to the plot, it was only for appealing to base instincts.

And I wondered, can I be a good Catholic and watch TV any more?

Even the lighter stuff, like comedy, portray the characters constantly engaging in immoral sex, and there's almost never any consequences for any of it.

There's almost no mention of the STDs or abortions that need to be performed to maintain this lifestyle.

Maybe they wear rubbers and don't get sick or pregnant?

Catholics, SMH.

What's interesting is none of these shows have even one character who is morally opposed to the modern have sex with anyone you feel like it philosophy.

Why are you asking anonymous people on a message board what TV shows are okay to watch? Maybe spend more time talking to God, and less time on the internet telling everybody else how evil they are.

What's interesting is none of these shows have even one character who is morally opposed to the modern have sex with anyone you feel like it philosophy.

Yep, and what's even more fucked up is that this idea gets into the minds of young men and when they attempt to "ask for that free" sex = their lives being destroyed for doing so. It is just better off when it's left inside of marriage with an partner that loves you and doesn't wish to destroy your life. The far left promotes both and they're counter to each other! counter in such a way that even doing it = bye bye!!! It's like a venus fly trap!

But that is how fucking screwed up leftist are.

Why are you asking anonymous people on a message board what TV shows are okay to watch? Maybe spend more time talking to God, and less time on the internet telling everybody else how evil they are.
God is a crappy conversationalist.

The movie Anon was very racist AND sexist. There were no black characters with actual lines, except one black guy who sat around and I think he had one line.

Every female actress in the movie had to appear in the nude, except for the Hispanic maid and the black maid.

the short answer is probably yes blackrook.... I know it's what I was taught by the good ole parents.... turn the tv off or change the channel....when I was a young adult or teen....

however, there'd be no tv, no internet, no movies, no nothing in today's world, if one were to shut down the immoral shows or immoral talk etc....

therefore, I think you recognizing that everything is just loose as a goose now a days regarding movies or shows and free sex all over the place........... and bringing up the subject here, shows that your heart and mind and soul's recognition of how low we can go... is in the right place, or in the least, is heading in the right direction...of what God probably wants from us....

P.S. pay no attention to Aaronlealand on this! :D

Yep, and what's even more fucked up is that this idea gets into the minds of young men and when they attempt to "ask for that free" sex = their lives being destroyed for doing so. It is just better off when it's left inside of marriage with an partner that loves you and doesn't wish to destroy your life. The far left promotes both and they're counter to each other! counter in such a way that even doing it = bye bye!!! It's like a venus fly trap!

But that is how fucking screwed up leftist are.

Yes take a look at the Rep Potus.

I watched a movie Sunday night called Anon. It was very much film noir, but with a modern theme based on modern technology.

But interspersed was raunchy sex scenes featuring full female nudity, and really none of it was necessary to the plot, it was only for appealing to base instincts.

And I wondered, can I be a good Catholic and watch TV any more?

Even the lighter stuff, like comedy, portray the characters constantly engaging in immoral sex, and there's almost never any consequences for any of it.

There's almost no mention of the STDs or abortions that need to be performed to maintain this lifestyle.
Try EWTN.

Forum List

Back