Can Barghouti Save the Peace Process?

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
It's a shame that leaders have to worry about landing up dead if they make a deal with the Israelis.

by Khaled Abu Toameh
April 11, 2014 at 5:00 am

According to Palestinian sources, Abbas's biggest concern is that Dahlan may have been trying to forge an alliance with Barghouti to topple him.

Those who believe that Barghouti would be more flexible in the peace process are living in an illusion. Barghouti's position regarding the peace process with Israel is no different than that of Abbas, and possibly even less flexible.

No Palestinian leader would ever be able to come back to his people with a deal that includes less than 100% of Palestinian demands. As former Palestinian Chairman Yasser Arafat is reputed to have said after abandoning the failed Camp David talks, "Do you want me to be up there having tea with Sadat?"

Continue reading at:

It's a shame that leaders have to worry about landing up dead if they make a deal with the Israelis.

by Khaled Abu Toameh

According to Palestinian sources, Abbas's biggest concern is that Dahlan may have been trying to forge an alliance with Barghouti to topple him.

Those who believe that Barghouti would be more flexible in the peace process are living in an illusion. Barghouti's position regarding the peace process with Israel is no different than that of Abbas, and possibly even less flexible.

No Palestinian leader would ever be able to come back to his people with a deal that includes less than 100% of Palestinian demands. As former Palestinian Chairman Yasser Arafat is reputed to have said after abandoning the failed Camp David talks, "Do you want me to be up there having tea with Sadat?"

Continue reading at:

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

If Arafat (the iconic figure of the palestinian cause) never had enough legitimacy to renounce to western Palestine as part of the palestinian historical homeland what can we say about anonymous bureaucrats with no charisma like Abbas or midgets and dwarves (compared to Arafat) like Barghouti or Haniya?

They don't stand a chance in Hell.

The right to return from the exile imposed on them by the jewish racial dictatorship has always been infinitely greater than palestinian leader A, B or C.

José;8919796 said:

by Khaled Abu Toameh

Continue reading at:

If Arafat (the iconic figure of the palestinian cause) never had enough legitimacy to renounce to western Palestine as part of the palestinian historical homeland what can we say about anonymous bureaucrats with no charisma like Abbas or midgets and dwarves (compared to Arafat) like Barghouti or Haniya?

The right to return from the exile imposed on them by the jewish racial dictatorship has always been infinitely greater than palestinian leader A, B or C.

Well, Jose, no one is stopping you from trying your hand at this with all your charisma. Meanwhile, can you tell us how many of the actual refugees are still alive at this time? After all most of the refugees from war torn Europe have passed on, and their children and grandchildren certainly don't consider themselves as refugees. In fact, the Iranians I have met, even though they themselves were born in Iran, do not still consider themselves refugees hoping to go back. Meanwyhile, Jose, since you want to appear as such a great humanitarian, can you tell us what the intolerant Muslims are doing to Christians, Hindus, Buddhists and even Muslims of the unfavored sects in the Muslim countries or do you just involve yourself when the Jews are involved? Surely, great humanitarians must have something to say about this since the blood of the victims has not dried up in many of these countries.

José;8919796 said:

by Khaled Abu Toameh

Continue reading at:

Jose, had 5 Arab armies NOT attacked Israel in 1948, how many of those 700 000 Palestinian refugees would still be living in their homes?

José;8919796 said:

by Khaled Abu Toameh

Continue reading at:

Jose, had 5 Arab armies NOT attacked Israel in 1948, how many of those 700 000 Palestinian refugees would still be living in their homes?

There were 300,000 Palestinian refugees before the 1948 war so there probably be more than 700,000 refugees.

José;8919796 said:

There were 300,000 Palestinian refugees before the 1948 war so there probably be more than 700,000 refugees.

I guess Mr. Tinmore still considers himself a refugee even though he probably has lived here for a long time. Tell us, Mr. Tinmore, how come those millions of displaced people after World War II didn't constantly whine about being refugees, but got on with their lives, and their children and grandchildren don't consider themselves as refugees. If there were 300,000 refugees to begin with, Mr. Tinmore, and many of these 300,000 must be dead by now, how did this 300,000 figure morph into 700,000. There are Arabs from that part of the world living all over this planet, even in places like Chile. Are you trying to tell us that those Chilieans whose parents or grandparents originally came from the Middle East should not be considered Chiliean citizens but "Palestinian" refugees?

I am sure that the offspring of the Muslims and Christians displaced by the Jews prior and after 1948 had offers to move to nations that could host them and allow them to make a living, they would move in a New York minute.

I am sure that the offspring of the Muslims and Christians displaced by the Jews prior and after 1948 had offers to move to nations that could host them and allow them to make a living, they would move in a New York minute.

That's right. There are many Assyrian Christians here who left the Muslim oppression. Even Coptic Christians are here. I am sure there are many others who would like to leave the Muslim oppression behind in several Muslim countries. After all, nobody wants to worry about being killed for their religious beliefs, do they, Haniya or Defeat67, whichever one of you is posting at this moment. By the way, let us not forget all the Iranians, both Jews and Muslims, who are certainly doing well here in America and don't have to look over their shoulders to see which Republican Guard wants to kill them. Hmm, I wonder why Defeat67 left.

Hmm, I wonder if Haniya or Defeat67 can arrange for all those Christian refugees as a result of the Syrian War to have a safe, hospitable place to go to. After all, Muslims like Haniya and Defeat67 certainly appear to be concerned about the Christians so I am hoping they put their heads together and do something for these Syrian Christian refguees.

That's right. There are many Assyrian Christians here who left the Muslim oppression. Even Coptic Christians are here. I am sure there are many others who would like to leave the Muslim oppression behind in several Muslim countries. After all, nobody wants to worry about being killed for their religious beliefs, do they, Haniya or Defeat67, whichever one of you is posting at this moment. By the way, let us not forget all the Iranians, both Jews and Muslims, who are certainly doing well here in America and don't have to look over their shoulders to see which Republican Guard wants to kill them. Hmm, I wonder why Defeat67 left.

Hmm, I wonder if Haniya or Defeat67 can arrange for all those Christian refugees as a result of the Syrian War to have a safe, hospitable place to go to. After all, Muslims like Haniya and Defeat67 certainly appear to be concerned about the Christians so I am hoping they put their heads together and do something for these Syrian Christian refguees.

Get a grip, girl. Try to address the issue at hand. Who I am and who you are, is really not that important, is it.

José;8919796 said:

Those Arabs became refugees during the 1947-1948 Mandatory Palestine Civil war.
I don't recall the number being that high though. Got a link?

José;8919796 said:

by Khaled Abu Toameh

Continue reading at:

Well, Jose, no one is stopping you from trying your hand at this with all your charisma. Meanwhile, can you tell us how many of the actual refugees are still alive at this time? After all most of the refugees from war torn Europe have passed on, and their children and grandchildren certainly don't consider themselves as refugees. In fact, the Iranians I have met, even though they themselves were born in Iran, do not still consider themselves refugees hoping to go back. Meanwyhile, Jose, since you want to appear as such a great humanitarian, can you tell us what the intolerant Muslims are doing to Christians, Hindus, Buddhists and even Muslims of the unfavored sects in the Muslim countries or do you just involve yourself when the Jews are involved? Surely, great humanitarians must have something to say about this since the blood of the victims has not dried up in many of these countries.

" Right of Return" is DOA just like the " Two State Solution" Actually, " Right of Return" would eventually make it into the " One State Solution" which is why it will never happen . :D

I guess Mr. Tinmore still considers himself a refugee even though he probably has lived here for a long time. Tell us, Mr. Tinmore, how come those millions of displaced people after World War II didn't constantly whine about being refugees, but got on with their lives, and their children and grandchildren don't consider themselves as refugees. If there were 300,000 refugees to begin with, Mr. Tinmore, and many of these 300,000 must be dead by now, how did this 300,000 figure morph into 700,000. There are Arabs from that part of the world living all over this planet, even in places like Chile. Are you trying to tell us that those Chilieans whose parents or grandparents originally came from the Middle East should not be considered Chiliean citizens but "Palestinian" refugees?

It wasn't a morph.

I said that about 300,000 were refugees before the war. Then there were a few hundred thousand or so more during the war.

It wasn't a morph.

I said that about 300,000 were refugees before the war. Then there were a few hundred thousand or so more during the war.

Where did you get that number??

It wasn't a morph.

It's in the Hmas handbook.

Barghouti is not going to get a chance to do anything except try to outlive 5 life terms in the hoosegow.

The Peace Process is Dead. Let it lay in Peace
by Jonathan Spyer

The April 29th deadline has not yet been reached, but it may be said with confidence that the initiative by Secretary of State John Kerry to revive the 'peace process' between Israelis and Palestinians has already reached its final destination: failure.

The failure of this initiative was obvious from the beginning. To everyone except, apparently, Kerry himself. This reality lent an element of low farce to the entire proceedings.

By now, it should really be obvious to any serious observer that there is no chance that the Israeli-Palestinian negotiating process will produce a comprehensive peace between the two sides.

The Peace Process is Dead. Let it lay in Peace :: Middle East Forum

Barghouti is not going to get a chance to do anything except try to outlive 5 life terms in the hoosegow.

The Peace Process is Dead. Let it lay in Peace
by Jonathan Spyer

The April 29th deadline has not yet been reached, but it may be said with confidence that the initiative by Secretary of State John Kerry to revive the 'peace process' between Israelis and Palestinians has already reached its final destination: failure.

The failure of this initiative was obvious from the beginning. To everyone except, apparently, Kerry himself. This reality lent an element of low farce to the entire proceedings.

By now, it should really be obvious to any serious observer that there is no chance that the Israeli-Palestinian negotiating process will produce a comprehensive peace between the two sides.

The Peace Process is Dead. Let it lay in Peace :: Middle East Forum

I have to agree with Hoss on this.

It wasn't a morph.

You should already know that.

According to Morris's estimates, 250,000 to 300,000 Palestinians left Israel during this stage.[10]:262 Keesing's Contemporary Archives in London place the total number of refugees before Israel's independence at 300,000.[65]

1948 Palestinian exodus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

UN has more than 5 million registered refugees, almost all have been born as refugees.

It wasn't a morph.

You should already know that.

According to Morris's estimates, 250,000 to 300,000 Palestinians left Israel during this stage.[10]:262 Keesing's Contemporary Archives in London place the total number of refugees before Israel's independence at 300,000.[65]

1948 Palestinian exodus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ok but this happened during the 47-48 Mandatory Palestine civil war, which was actually the first phase of the 1948 Arab Israeli war.

My point was, had 5 Arab armies not attacked Israel in 1948, the second wave of refugees (700 000) would not have been exiled.
In fact, those 5 Arab states really fucked over the Palestinian Arabs big time!

With friends like these........

UN has more than 5 million registered refugees, almost all have been born as refugees.

Can anyone find the number of refugees that were part of the exodus that are still alive today?

Forum List

Back