Can anyone really argue Gary Johnson is not the best candidate on the ballot?

Libertarians are always for some form of government. Anarchists reject the state as illegitimate.

Slow down chap. I am more connected in this community than you are.

If the goal of libertarianism is maximizing free will and liberty, then that can only exist in anarchy.

Hence, a consistent libertarian is anarchist.

True. I've said this for years, of course only the honest libertarians admit it. This always seems to piss off a lot of folks on this forum in particular.

Libertarians are always for some form of government. Anarchists reject the state as illegitimate.

Slow down chap. I am more connected in this community than you are.

If the goal of libertarianism is maximizing free will and liberty, then that can only exist in anarchy.

Hence, a consistent libertarian is anarchist.

True. I've said this for years, of course only the honest libertarians admit it. This always seems to piss off a lot of folks on this forum in particular.

Of course, because you are wrong. Lol.

Libertarians do not believe in "no government." Libertarians believe in limited government, and honestly Gary Johnson IS the best candidate on the ballot, especially when you consider the other two clowns.

Why don't the dopers go all the way and run Willie Nelson.

No successful country has ever been run by a dope addict.

There aren't anywhere near 20 sub groups, and most of us have mutually beneficial goals

Anarchists are against government power. Period. The anarchist wants to abolish all forms of government as they aren't deemed necessary.

Libertarianism is a little more difficult to define, but in general the libertarian's view of government is the same as that of many of the founders of the U.S. It is often called Classical Liberalism because the idea is to limit government to its most essential and necessary functions. The government is there to serve as referee, to settle disputes, provide for a national defense, and to establish order in society. Not much more.

That is just what libertarianism is as influenced by the modern US libertarian party.

There are identified libertarians that believe in no government. Even before the US libertarian party was founded. Face it.

Libertarians do not believe in "no government." Libertarians believe in limited government, and honestly Gary Johnson IS the best candidate on the ballot, especially when you consider the other two clowns.
Gary is wearing only but slightly less whiteface.

That is just what libertarianism is as influenced by the modern US libertarian party.

There are identified libertarians that believe in no government. Even before the US libertarian party was founded. Face it.
Wesley Mouch, is that you?

There aren't anywhere near 20 sub groups, and most of us have mutually beneficial goals

Anarchists are against government power. Period. The anarchist wants to abolish all forms of government as they aren't deemed necessary.

Libertarianism is a little more difficult to define, but in general the libertarian's view of government is the same as that of many of the founders of the U.S. It is often called Classical Liberalism because the idea is to limit government to its most essential and necessary functions. The government is there to serve as referee, to settle disputes, provide for a national defense, and to establish order in society. Not much more.

Wrong. Lol. LIMITED GOVERNMENT, not NO GOVERNMENT. Get with the program.

Gary is wearing only but slightly less whiteface.

This doesn't make any sense. If you are going to address my posts, then make a point please.

Libertarianism is generally not defined as limited government.

Its classical definition is the pursuit of maximum liberty. Different people have different understandings on what that constitutes.

You have libertarians in Chiapas and a lot of them are anarchist.

That's what Republicans want, not libertarians. Libertarians are just very confused anarchists. They don't know WTF they want.

At least I bothered myself to be part of the LP for a number of years. ;)

There is a wide skepticism in this community about those that participate in politics.

Vocal critics against the state are usually very hostile against the political process and the means they end up serving. But you...

That's what Republicans want, not libertarians. Libertarians are just very confused anarchists. They don't know WTF the want.

Just confused, and I agree.

One red flag I have seen a lot of "anarchists" commit, is I hear them support a law, ruler, or established institution.

Libertarianism is generally not defined as limited government.

Its classical definition is the pursuit of maximum liberty. Different people have different understandings on what that constitutes.

You have libertarians in Chiapas and a lot of them are anarchist.

Now you are talking about extremists. Just like every group, libertarians have extremists too. But you were wrong when you said libertarians and anarchists are one in the same. They are not.

That's what Republicans want, not libertarians. Libertarians are just very confused anarchists. They don't know WTF the want.

One red flag I have seen a lot of "anarchists" commit, is I hear them support a law, ruler, or established institution.

You seem to have a very poor understanding of what it means to be a libertarian in 2016. Lol. Where do you get these ideas? Who says this stuff?

That's what Republicans want, not libertarians. Libertarians are just very confused anarchists. They don't know WTF they want.

Do some research so that you can see how wrong you are. Lol.

You seem to have a very poor understanding of what it means to be a libertarian in 2016. Lol. Where do you get these ideas? Who says this stuff?

I know more about libertarians than they know about themselves. Been debating with libertarians for years.

I know more about libertarians than they know about themselves. :)

You don't know Jack Shit. :lol: Everything you've said is incorrect.

Forum List

Back