Can a woman actress be a top scientist?

Who hasn't heard of Hedy Lamarr? Wow.

That’s Hedley Lamarr!

1697484995618.jpeg

She was not just another pretty face, but had the brains to go with it.

Danica McKellar (Winnie Cooper) is another.
McKellar studied at the University of California, Los Angeles where she was a member of the Alpha Delta Pi sorority[8] and earned a Bachelor of Science degree summa cum laude in Mathematics in 1998.[9] As an undergraduate, she coauthored a scientific paper with Professor Lincoln Chayes and fellow student Brandy Winn titled "Percolation and Gibbs states multiplicity for ferromagnetic Ashkin–Teller models on �2
\mathbb {Z} ^{2}
."[10] Their results are termed the "Chayes–McKellar–Winn theorem".[11][12] Later, when Chayes was asked to comment about the mathematical abilities of his student coauthors, he was quoted in The New York Times, "I thought that the two were really, really first-rate."[13] For her past collaborative work on research papers, McKellar is currently assigned the Erdős number four, and her Erdős–Bacon number is six.

She was remarkable!

There are actually some very intelligent celebrities- you just don't hear about them because of the blizzard of cretins and posers.
LIsa Kudrow?

"She has a B.S. in Psychobiology from Vassar College, while Mira Sorvino has a degree in Asian Studies from Harvard University. During production of Romy and Michele's High School Reunion (1997), they nicknamed each other "Smart and Smarter"

makes a ton more money playing a ditzy blonde than she ever would as a psychobiologist.

LIsa Kudrow?

"She has a B.S. in Psychobiology from Vassar College, while Mira Sorvino has a degree in Asian Studies from Harvard University. During production of Romy and Michele's High School Reunion (1997), they nicknamed each other "Smart and Smarter"

makes a ton more money playing a ditzy blonde than she ever would as a psychobiologist.
Once a person is hooked on science, and I mean real science, they simply must keep learning more. I believe that Hedy Lamarr is credited for WIFI which we use daily now. But not when she was in Movies.

Once a person is hooked on science, and I mean real science, they simply must keep learning more. I believe that Hedy Lamarr is credited for WIFI which we use daily now. But not when she was in Movies.
She came up with frequency hopping

LIsa Kudrow?

It takes real talent and skill to play the "dumb blonde" ... you kids are too little to remember Jean Stapleton ... or Gracie Allen ...

While Steve Young played for the Niners, she was correctly a woman ... she went on to get her law degree ... but he would have been a man at the time ... it's a San Fransicko thing ... plurals always take the feminine gender ...

Would that count? ...

It takes real talent and skill to play the "dumb blonde" ... you kids are too little to remember Jean Stapleton ... or Gracie Allen ...

While Steve Young played for the Niners, she was correctly a woman ... she went on to get her law degree ... but he would have been a man at the time ... it's a San Fransicko thing ... plurals always take the feminine gender ...

Would that count? ...
or Gracie Allen ...
gracie is probably my favorite actress/comedienne.

other great ditzes: Marie Wilson, Joyce Jamison

Would that count? ...
Steve Young definitely is male. And definitely has a law degree. And definitely is the most accurate passer of all times as QB. And is also in the hall of fame.

This is the most unusual story of an Actress being a top scientist. Many never heard of Hedy Lamarr, but her story deserves to be told.

This thread was outstanding

I knew very little about Lamar but will watching for her films in the future

Forum List

Back