Can a person sincerely be a conservative American and also participate in the attacks on Trump?

I have to say no. Not anymore.

On August 7, 2022, I would have said yes. It was possible that a person with conservative views, who only followed the mainstream media would think that the endless investigations of Trump were legitimate, and that Congress only failed to convict Trump at his two impeachment trials due to partisanship. If you only read headlines, and watch the very short television news (compared to newpapers and text media), it was possible to think, 'that Trump is a jerk who makes the GOP look bad. I'll be glad when he's gone so we can have real conservatives in charge again.'

On August 8th, the anti-Trumpers revealed themselves as the fascists they are in a way that no one can claim to still be ignorant of. If you are still joining in with the Trump bashing, you are throwing your lot in with the worst anti-Americans to ever come into power in the United States so far. They hate Trump more than they love America, at least as a democratic republic. No matter your view on this or that con vs. prog issue, the first step is to restore that democratic republic by bringing the entrenched security state under control, and make votes count fairly again.

If you think Liz Cheney is the kind of Republican you can get behind, then you are equally behind Adam Schiff and Jamie Raskin. You have been for a while, but now you cannot claim not to know it.
Trump is a vile, disgusting human being & the lowest form of human life. He 's the biggest lowlife ever elected to any office in the histoey of this Country. Not only that he's a fucking traitor.

If they were declassified, for which there is no evidence. But even documents that have been declassified can still have restricted access
That's why Trump's staff allowed the FBI to check on and advise about secure storage on site. That's raid was not even close to the first time the FBI had been to Mar a Lego.
Hillary should be in jail for what she did. Trump really dropped the ball on that one.
Trump should have personally ordered an FBI raid on his political opponent? You would have congratulated him for that?
School documents do not belong to the Fed Govt, thus the FBI has no role at all in regards to them.
They were Senate records that Biden hid in a University, not transcripts and graduation schedules. There's a credible claim that the records Biden is hiden' include a contemporaneous allegation of rape.

By your logic, Trump could have given really classified docs to Trump University and the FBI hands would be tied
You are just grasping at straws and it makes you look even more desperate than normal.
It's cute that you get personal when you're losing.

Let's say the police have legitimate evidence someone is dealing heroin. (legitimate, not made up evidence). They get a search warrant. They don't allow the one being search to call in their lawyer to oversee the raid.

Now maybe that might be a good idea but that's another discussion.
The lawyer was already there so she could not have destroyed evidence without the FBI seeing it. If They were proud of what they were doing, why hide it. Now they can say they found whatever they want to say they found.

Secret police are a feature of fascism, not democracy.

That's why Trump's staff allowed the FBI to check on and advise about secure storage on site. That's raid was not even close to the first time the FBI had been to Mar a Lego.

And if the FBI is telling the truth that advice was not being followed.

Trump should have personally ordered an FBI raid on his political opponent? You would have congratulated him for that?

Nope, he should have hired a AG that had the balls to do what needed to be done.

By your logic, Trump could have given really classified docs to Trump University and the FBI hands would be tied

Trump U no longer exist

It's cute that you get personal when you're losing.

How can I be losing when I get to watch you do this.

BareNewBufeo-max-1mb.gif

The lawyer was already there so she could not have destroyed evidence without the FBI seeing it. If They were proud of what they were doing, why hide it. Now they can say they found whatever they want to say they found.

Secret police are a feature of fascism, not democracy.

This is how warrants work. If you wish to change that, do so.

I would distinguish between being a conservative and supporting conservative values. The notion of being a conservative approaches politics from the standpoint of identity. Supporting conservative values does so from the standpoint of ideology.

The vast majority of posters here who identify as liberal absolutely despise liberal values. This is because they are only capable of understanding what team they are on as they see politics as identity. I see a lesser tendency towards this among the conservatives, but there is also a strong attachment to identity instead of ideology.

Trump is not a pure conservative. Many of his policies have actually been liberal in nature such as his position on protecting the jobs of working people, and he is more of a populist in nature. Can "conservatives" criticize him? Sure, of course. Can liberals? Ditto.

The problem that I see is that too few people recognize the nature of the coordinated effort to take him down. The divide here isn't between conservative and liberal but between Nationalist and Globalist. Those who value our national sovereignty have every reason to be alarmed at the apparatus that has been brought into play to remove him, and this SHOULD be true for people who are actually liberal as well as conservative.
By all means speak for yourself, do not speak for any Democrat, Republican or Independent who did not vote for Trump in 2020, and there were many Republicans who did not vote for him then.

There is not coordinated effort at all. There is following the Constitution and the Rule of Law, something Trump refused to do from day one. Which is why so many Republicans never had any support for him or took it away in the past 6 years.

Voting, decided why Trump lost. No nefarious this or that to remove him. 7 Million more people said NO to him. He lost.

And if the FBI is telling the truth that advice was not being followed.
Very large "if."

Why in the workd would you think the FBI is telling the truth?

Nope, he should have hired a AG that had the balls to do what needed to be done.
He should have hired better people. That is absolutely correct. But no need to have Hillary derangement syndrome. Why pursue a defeated opponent?
Trump U no longer exist
Irrelevant to the point.
How can I be losing when I get to watch you do this.

BareNewBufeo-max-1mb.gif
You admit you're losing by posting a .gif instead of a counter.

If the raid were so correct and by the book, why would the FBI not allow Trump's lswyercto observe? Why the demand to turn off security cameras?
Security cameras were on all the time. Trump watched the whole thing via cameras from where he was.

If they were not on, how could there be surveillance footage the Trumps want to release?

Security cameras were on all the time. Trump watched the whole thing via cameras from where he was.

If they were not on, how could there be surveillance footage the Trumps want to release?
Because Trump's people did not knuckle under to the FBI demands. They smelled a crooked raid.

Very large "if."

He should have hired better people. That is absolutely correct. But no need to have Hillary derangement syndrome. Why pursue a defeated opponent?

Irrelevant to the point.

The Hilary issue was totally different. He refused two subpoenas to return what was still at Mar O Lago after returning 15 boxes in January.

That is why the Affidavit for the Warrant to go get back what he was refusing to willingly return.

Anything to do with the elections we are having now?
Just asking.

Very large "if."

That is the conundrum. On one side you have the FBI which has been known to lie on warrants. On the other side you have Trump who is known to lie about everything.

Thus it seems prudent to wait till we have more information to choose a side.

Because she broke the fucking law. The idea that just because someone is a defeated opponent they are now off limits is just stupid. If I had done what she did I would be in jail.

Silly boy, I enjoy the shit out of your spinning. I know it makes me a bad person and all, but really there is no losing side here for me.

Because Trump's people did not knuckle under to the FBI demands. They smelled a crooked raid.
It is not the FBI demands. It was the demand from the National Archives which led to him returning 15 boxes in January.

When it was found out that he more, he refused to voluntarily return them this time. Therefore the Affidavit for the search warrant which is the job of the FBI to go apply.

That is the conundrum. On one side you have the FBI which has been known to lie on warrants. On the other side you have Trump who is known to lie about everything.

Thus it seems prudent to wait till we have more information to choose a side.

Because she broke the fucking law. The idea that just because someone is a defeated opponent they are now off limits is just stupid. If I had done what she did I would be in jail.

Silly boy, I enjoy the shit out of your spinning. I know it makes me a bad person and all, but really there is no losing side here for me.
The FBI did not have anything with asking for a warrant.
NARA wanted the rest of the documents back. For whatever reason would not return them even with a subpoena which ordered him to do so.

So, the DOJ, once they got the tip that there were classified and top secret documents at Mar O Lago, and after Trump lawyer's signed a letter saying that there were none, had no other choice but to seek an affidavit for a warrant which is the job of the FBI to go and have served.

The Hilary issue was totally different. He refused two subpoenas to return what was still at Mar O Lago after returning 15 boxes in January.

Yes it was different. Hillary simply destroyed the evidence.

Can a person sincerely be a conservative American and also participate in the attacks on Trump?​

Anybody actually think Taft, Goldwater, or Reagan - representative of three different strains of traditional GOPer conservatism - would approve of the annoying orange?

I have to say no. Not anymore.

On August 7, 2022, I would have said yes. It was possible that a person with conservative views, who only followed the mainstream media would think that the endless investigations of Trump were legitimate, and that Congress only failed to convict Trump at his two impeachment trials due to partisanship. If you only read headlines, and watch the very short television news (compared to newpapers and text media), it was possible to think, 'that Trump is a jerk who makes the GOP look bad. I'll be glad when he's gone so we can have real conservatives in charge again.'

On August 8th, the anti-Trumpers revealed themselves as the fascists they are in a way that no one can claim to still be ignorant of. If you are still joining in with the Trump bashing, you are throwing your lot in with the worst anti-Americans to ever come into power in the United States so far. They hate Trump more than they love America, at least as a democratic republic. No matter your view on this or that con vs. prog issue, the first step is to restore that democratic republic by bringing the entrenched security state under control, and make votes count fairly again.

If you think Liz Cheney is the kind of Republican you can get behind, then you are equally behind Adam Schiff and Jamie Raskin. You have been for a while, but now you cannot claim not to know it.
Absolutely. The Trump cult is not conservative. Neither is Trump.

I said it was different. It doesn't appear that Trump destroyed anything.

It's illegal period, subpoena or not.
The search was illegal? Ask NARA if they would agree with you as they tried everything to get the rest of the documents, which belong to the government, back.

The search was illegal? Ask NARA if they would agree with you as they tried everything to get the rest of the documents, which belong to the government, back.

Destroying emails is illegal. What Trump did was also.

Forum List

Back