Calorie counts don’t change dining-out habits

Do you really think the people who eat fast food care about the calorie content?

They are the same people who throw their McDonald's bags out the window when they are done chowing down on their Big Macs. And feeding their kids "Happy Meals" since they are 'too busy' to get them something healthy to eat.

God, I hate that. There is a McDonalds On the main street about a 1/4 mile from where we live. The lot is always littered with cups, bags, napkins, wrapper. People get the meal, eat in their cars and then toss it out the window. Total slobs.

Yep. When we were canoeing on the 4th I saw McDonalds cups in the lake. WTH? Why is it always McDonalds, do Burger King eaters not litter?

Slobs is right.

I almost posted that corellation. There is a Burger King across town and you rarely see the lot littered or stuff strewn on the roadways.

Evidence is mounting that calorie labels — promoted by some nutritionists and the restaurant industry to help stem the obesity crisis — do not steer most people to lower-calorie foods. Eating habits rarely change, according to several studies. Perversely, some diners see the labels yet consume more calories than usual. People who use the labels often don’t need to. (Meaning: They are thin.)

Questions about the effectiveness of calorie disclosure come as the federal government is finalizing regulations to nationalize labeling in chain restaurants next year as part of a measure tucked into President Obama’s health-care law.

Calorie counts don’t change most people’s dining-out habits, experts say - The Washington Post

Anyone surprised?
Actually, not really accurate; my bride and I order a 12-oz steak at our favorite T. Roadhouse, and split it down the middle. We do that for calories and economics; also to feel better about ourselves...we used to hate that "full" feeling when we walked out. I stopped with the glass or beer and only drink water.

Do you really think the people who eat fast food care about the calorie content?

They are the same people who throw their McDonald's bags out the window when they are done chowing down on their Big Macs. And feeding their kids "Happy Meals" since they are 'too busy' to get them something healthy to eat.

Nothing wrong with a happy meal every once and a while. Growing up it was considered a treat. McDonalds was usually a reward for a good test score, or a good baseball game.
The key word is "Once in a while...."

Some people use it as their main source of feeding...............

That I agree is lazy. But the whole SF "banning" (I know its not a ban, but when you make rules that prevent the original item from being sold, its a de facto ban) strikes me as silly. Because some parents are stupid, ALL parents now cannot buy thier kid a happy meal.

Just more evidence that my beer-based diet is the way to go.

That depends. One "drink" of alcohol takes your system 72 hours to process (even thought the effect of the alcohol is no longer felt much sooner). While you're processing that, you can't burn fat. So that 2 hour workout on Saturday morning, after having that drink of wine on Friday night.... you're burning carbs and sugar during it, not fat.

That depends. One "drink" of alcohol takes your system 72 hours to process (even thought the effect of the alcohol is no longer felt much sooner). While you're processing that, you can't burn fat. So that 2 hour workout on Saturday morning, after having that drink of wine on Friday night.... you're burning carbs and sugar during it, not fat.

The inability to recognize humor is one of the first signs of dementia.

Just more evidence that my beer-based diet is the way to go.

Nonsense. if you lets say consumed 1000 calories of beer, one hockey game and your metabolic store is even, 1000 calories down, your body is going to burn the sugar which is the carbs 1st of course, but if burn 1000 calories in an hour where is it going to get the additional fuel if its ONLY going to burn carbs for "72 hours"?

Forum List

Back