Calls for Full-Body Scanners Re-Ignite Privacy Concerns

It is very easy to solve the problem. Make every person who wants to board a commercial aircraft take a bite of a bacon sandwich. Those that refuse will be subject to a cavity search. Problem solved.
I'm a vegetarian, not a Muslim, so I wouldn't eat it.
But terrorists probably would. Just like they went to strip bars before 9/11.

Some ideas are so silly you just have to laugh.

I wouldn't either. Does that make me a terrorist?

I do remember that bit about the 9/11 guys. They spent their last days getting lap dances. That is some sort of really intense religious observance there

I wouldn't either. Does that make me a terrorist?

I do remember that bit about the 9/11 guys. They spent their last days getting lap dances. That is some sort of really intense religious observance there
It's because everything is forgiven if they blow up innocents...that's the propaganda they receive.

It is very easy to solve the problem. Make every person who wants to board a commercial aircraft take a bite of a bacon sandwich. Those that refuse will be subject to a cavity search. Problem solved.
But terrorists probably would. Just like they went to strip bars before 9/11.

Some ideas are so silly you just have to laugh.

Some ideas are meant to be funny. :)

Body scans?

Anyone who has been remotely following the potential for terrorist activity regarding air travel knows there are, among others, three red flags that security folks consider suspicious...paying cash for a ticket, purchasing only a one-way ticket, and not checking baggage. And this guy was guilty of all three - a red flag trifecta - yet no one did boo about it.

So, yeah, the solution is to spend millions on scanning equipment and add another layer of inconvenience for everyone traveling by air.

Beam me up, Scotty!

True, but they can go around it. One way ticket doesn't mean much, they can purchase round trip ticket without plans to return. They can even check in baggage to avoid the problem. And if they pay with credit card instead of cash won’t make us any safer.

Problem is in our political correctness. TSA will do a detail search of American citizens, but won't search middle eastern people, cause profiling is wrong. Problem is that Americans won't mind to get searched if that means safe arrival to the destination, that's the price we have to pay for a save flight... take your shoes off, then belt, place everything you got on you in the bucket, remove laptop from the back pack, etc.

Even though all those measures are kinda offending, we have to comply with them in order to fly. Question is, if all those security procedures couldn't stop this Umar guy, what's the point of having them? To feel safer, or to be safer?

Last edited:
There were so many red flags on this guy he looked like a may day parade. And still they let him on the plane.

One more layer of technology won't do the job if the people can't be bothered to do the job.

This is typical government. Instead of actually seeing what went wrong (In this case, procedures were not followed) they just add a layer of stupidity.

If procedures had been followed, this guy would not have been on the plane. A full body scan would not have changed anything really. There would still have been failure by the folks supposed to be doing their jobs.

I see no point to this except as an excuse to buy more toys and add a layer of humiliation to an already miserable experience.

They just need to follow the rules, and things will work.
I agree.

They won't be satisfied until they make us fly naked after a body cavity search and with no luggage.

I'm sure fisters wouldn't complain about it...

Ame®icano;1858916 said:
Body scans?

Anyone who has been remotely following the potential for terrorist activity regarding air travel knows there are, among others, three red flags that security folks consider suspicious...paying cash for a ticket, purchasing only a one-way ticket, and not checking baggage. And this guy was guilty of all three - a red flag trifecta - yet no one did boo about it.

So, yeah, the solution is to spend millions on scanning equipment and add another layer of inconvenience for everyone traveling by air.

Beam me up, Scotty!

True, but they can go around it. One way ticket doesn't mean much, they can purchase round trip ticket without plans to return. They can even check in baggage to avoid the problem. And if they pay with credit card instead of cash won’t make us any safer.

Problem is in our political correctness. TSA will do a detail search of American citizens, but won't search middle eastern people, cause profiling is wrong. Problem is that Americans won't mind to get searched if that means safe arrival to the destination, that's the price we have to pay for a save flight... take your shoes off, then belt, place everything you got on you in the bucket, remove laptop from the back pack, etc.

Even though all those measures are kinda offending, we have to comply with them in order to fly. Question is, if all those security procedures couldn't stop this Umar guy, what's the point of having them? To feel safer, or to be safer?

All those rules were in place, and the bloke DID NOT bother to check baggage or buy a round trip...wonder why? Seems like he had an insider working at the airport that let all those things go by the wayside???

Hello. I'm Ben Dover. I will be perforning your cavity search today.

A lot of you seem to be forgetting the fact that this guy boarded the plane in a foreign country, not here in the U.S.; so why do we need to be discussing fixing a failure in our airport security screening that never occurred?

A lot of you seem to be forgetting the fact that this guy boarded the plane in a foreign country, not here in the U.S.; so why do we need to be discussing fixing a failure in our airport security screening that never occurred?

The Brits pulled his visa, he was on the watch list, but not the "no fly" list, his dad called to tell us to stop him, the CIA knew of a plan involving "the Nigerian", all they had to do was ask a few questions: why are you going to the US? who are you going to see? where will you be staying? lets look at you luggage......ooops no luggage???

Thats how we say that the system failed. A bomber got on a plane with a bomb when he shouldn't have.

The Brits pulled his visa, he was on the watch list, but not the "no fly" list, his dad called to tell us to stop him, the CIA knew of a plan involving "the Nigerian", all they had to do was ask a few questions: why are you going to the US? who are you going to see? where will you be staying? lets look at you luggage......ooops no luggage???

Thats how we say that the system failed. A bomber got on a plane with a bomb when he shouldn't have.

The system failed because the powers-that-be wanted it to fail.

Just in case people don't know it, it's the Republicans who are against the full body scans.

Just in case people don't know it, it's the Republicans who are against the full body scans.
I don't know why the Republicans or the Democrats would be against full body scans.

No civil liberties are being violated with the full body scans. If you don't want to have them, don't fly. The airline companies own the planes and have every right to set the rules.

No one has a right to fly.

I don't know why the Republicans or the Democrats would be against full body scans.

No civil liberties are being violated with the full body scans. If you don't want to have them, don't fly. The airline companies own the planes and have every right to set the rules.

No one has a right to fly.

You don't have the right to have a job. Shall we federally mandate strip searches on every single person who walks into every place of employment so we never have another Timothy McVeigh? If you don't want to have them, don't work and starve.

Arguments like the one you make are made by authoritarian police statists who have no respect for civil liberties or anyone's personal freedom, in others words, a neocon.

That's my point. What happened here has nothing to do with a failure of TSA at our airports, so I see no reason why there is suddenly this panic to push full body scanners here at our airports again.

Forum List

Back