Calling all Vets

I can't defend or condemn a situation I don't know anything about. But anybody who claims to speak for every member of a very large group of people is likely not entirely logical.

And lesbians are hot.

Never mind. Conhog was wearing a mask and trying to pull a fast one.

I guess now is the time to ask my question(s).

The bode thread where she was being bashed. I was told no vets here would ever "stick up" for her because she is a lesbian, no matter her service to the country because she's a liar and for me to take note on who was NOT "sticking up" for her. I was too lazy to "make note". So I thought I'd just ask the vets to come here in one thread and if they choose to, respond.
So, vets. Do you believe she is not to be honored as a military vet because she is lesbian and is fodder for attacks here and you will stay silent ONLY because she is a vet that is lesbian? (sorry Bode. But I got tired of the rapid fire pms from someone and wanted to put this to rest once and for all).

I've thanked her for her service on several occasions.

But being a veteran doesn't give one a blank check. Everyone is still accountable for his behavior. Service to the nation isn't a shield against criticism.

No, it isn't, and I think most of us know that. You know, while there is a bond between those of us who have served, no one speaks for all of us; vets are like any other Americans. We come from all sorts of backgrounds and from every part of the nation, served in different branches, different places, different eras; and just like anyone else we have different ideas and opinions; it's not like we all march in lockstep on everything. Just as a couple of examples, Sunni and I both served in Vietnam, but he and I have very different views on that conflict. Geauxtohell and I were both infantry officers, but in different times and conflicts; we differ, even on military matters.....and that's perfectly OK. We respect each other; that doesn't mean we don't criticize and disagree with one another, all the time.

I guess now is the time to ask my question(s).

The bode thread where she was being bashed. I was told no vets here would ever "stick up" for her because she is a lesbian, no matter her service to the country because she's a liar and for me to take note on who was NOT "sticking up" for her. I was too lazy to "make note". So I thought I'd just ask the vets to come here in one thread and if they choose to, respond.
So, vets. Do you believe she is not to be honored as a military vet because she is lesbian and is fodder for attacks here and you will stay silent ONLY because she is a vet that is lesbian? (sorry Bode. But I got tired of the rapid fire pms from someone and wanted to put this to rest once and for all).

I've thanked her for her service on several occasions.

But being a veteran doesn't give one a blank check. Everyone is still accountable for his behavior. Service to the nation isn't a shield against criticism.

No, it isn't, and I think most of us know that. You know, while there is a bond between those of us who have served, no one speaks for all of us; vets are like any other Americans. We come from all sorts of backgrounds and from every part of the nation, served in different branches, different places, different eras; and just like anyone else we have different ideas and opinions; it's not like we all march in lockstep on everything. Just as a couple of examples, Sunni and I both served in Vietnam, but he and I have very different views on that conflict. Geauxtohell and I were both infantry officers, but in different times and conflicts; we differ, even on military matters.....and that's perfectly OK. We respect each other; that doesn't mean we don't criticize and disagree with one another, all the time.
Well said.

Forum List

Back