Calling All Computer Experts

I came across a REALLY good deal on 8 government used versions of Apple iMac A1195 17" Core 2 Duo 1.83GHz 1GB 160GB MA710LL . What do you guys think would be a good price to sell them at if they all work?

I also found a REALLY good deal on:

Apple iMac A1311 Mid 2011 21.5" Core i5-2500S 2.7GHz 16GB Ram 1TB HDD TESTED

and

Apple iMac A1311 2010 21.5" i5 DC 3.6GHz/1TB HDD/4GB RAM
I'm sure you can find some fool....... ummmmmm, customer to purchase them at a horribly inflated price.

You don't like iMacs? Right now I'm looking at an auction with 9

Apple iMac A1224 Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz 1GB RAM 250GB HDD Mac OS 20"

for $300. And it is a legit auction.
I don't have a problem with Macs, just like to make fun of people who fork out more than the machine is really worth and think they bought something special. :D
(Not referring to you). If it works for ya then go for it but be aware you'd be paying the government about double what those are worth on the market.

Well they are coming from a University. Listen to this deal. Right now they have 89 500 GB SATA HDs for a bid of $157.

Here is 56 SATA HDs: (2) 640GB, (10) 750GB, (23) 1TB, (1) 1.5TB, & (20) 2TB. bid is at $224 right now.
Do a google search for that model for sale, most of what I saw were $150 to $200.

Yeah I'm thinking I might buy a couple of these auctions. I even found an auction for a Z Coporation Z310 3D printer with an extra cabinet, and the highest bid right now is only $57!

I'm sure you can find some fool....... ummmmmm, customer to purchase them at a horribly inflated price.

I don't have a problem with Macs, just like to make fun of people who fork out more than the machine is really worth and think they bought something special. :D
(Not referring to you). If it works for ya then go for it but be aware you'd be paying the government about double what those are worth on the market.

Well they are coming from a University. Listen to this deal. Right now they have 89 500 GB SATA HDs for a bid of $157.

Here is 56 SATA HDs: (2) 640GB, (10) 750GB, (23) 1TB, (1) 1.5TB, & (20) 2TB. bid is at $224 right now.
Do a google search for that model for sale, most of what I saw were $150 to $200.

Yeah I'm thinking I might buy a couple of these auctions. I even found an auction for a Z Coporation Z310 3D printer with an extra cabinet, and the highest bid right now is only $57!
I once researched buying computer lots and reselling, I would always check the retail cost and in every instance someone placed bids higher than the individual items were worth so I stopped. I went to building custom builds for people and even there would usually make no more than $75 each computer, mad money for my own builds and for reenacting.

I once researched buying computer lots and reselling, I would always check the retail cost and in every instance someone placed bids higher than the individual items were worth so I stopped. I went to building custom builds for people and even there would usually make no more than $75 each computer, mad money for my own builds and for reenacting.

Yeah I'll have to see what the bids get up to. People around me don't exactly have a ton of money... but if I got those 9 iMacs and could sell them for $100 each I could make a pretty penny. There are a couple 27" iMacs for sale too. I wouldn't mind having one of those for myself.

Also they have a ton of lots of towers that are missing the hard drives and those are like 8 towers to a lot, and they only have bids of like $14 right now.

Yeah I'll have to see what the bids get up to. People around me don't exactly have a ton of money... but if I got those 9 iMacs and could sell them for $100 each I could make a pretty penny. There are a couple 27" iMacs for sale too. I wouldn't mind having one of those for myself.

Also they have a ton of lots of towers that are missing the hard drives and those are like 8 towers to a lot, and they only have bids of like $14 right now.
Good luck.

Good luck.

I'm just in a mode to make money and get ahead. I've been looking at land too. I found 5 acres in San Luis, Colorado that is no down payment of credit check and it is $125 a month for 40 months for 5 acres of land, within a mile of the Rio Grande River. That's $5,000 or $3995 cash. I also found a deal on 61 acres in Lee County KY for $36,600. I'd have to get a bank loan on that one though.

Good luck.

I'm just in a mode to make money and get ahead. I've been looking at land too. I found 5 acres in San Luis, Colorado that is no down payment of credit check and it is $125 a month for 40 months for 5 acres of land, within a mile of the Rio Grande River. That's $5,000 or $3995 cash. I also found a deal on 61 acres in Lee County KY for $36,600. I'd have to get a bank loan on that one though.
Yup, absolutely beautiful country (San Luis Colorado), the oldest continuously occupied town in Colorado. Make sure there are no tax liens, lots of people bought land in the 90s and were hit with high annual property tax bills (since reduced from what I understand) and simply abandoned the properties. Like I said, gorgeous views, relatively cool summers, solitude and winter temps that can get down to 40 below zero...........

Good luck.

Yup, absolutely beautiful country (San Luis Colorado), the oldest continuously occupied town in Colorado. Make sure there are no tax liens, lots of people bought land in the 90s and were hit with high annual property tax bills (since reduced from what I understand) and simply abandoned the properties. Like I said, gorgeous views, relatively cool summers, solitude and winter temps that can get down to 40 below zero...........

The information about the land says that taxes are VERY cheap there, only $45 a year.

Good luck.

The information about the land says that taxes are VERY cheap there, only $45 a year.
My only concern is ROI in that area. While legalized pot has brought more people in and increased property values that growth is generally located around the more populous cities and towns not out in the middle of nowhere but then again no one really knows. Just before we left Trinidad Colorado the town appeared to be in free fall, lots of nice houses sitting empty on and off the market. They put in a pot farm and the last I checked most everything had sold and prices jumped $20K +, there wasn't a rental to be found.

Good luck.

My only concern is ROI in that area. While legalized pot has brought more people in and increased property values that growth is generally located around the more populous cities and towns not out in the middle of nowhere but then again no one really knows. Just before we left Trinidad Colorado the town appeared to be in free fall, lots of nice houses sitting empty on and off the market. They put in a pot farm and the last I checked most everything had sold and prices jumped $20K +, there wasn't a rental to be found.

From the sounds of it though, it doesn't seem like that area would be good for growing pot would it? It doesn't get hot enough... and unless there is enough water there for a well, you have to have water tanks and pay for water deliveries.

Good luck.

From the sounds of it though, it doesn't seem like that area would be good for growing pot would it? It doesn't get hot enough... and unless there is enough water there for a well, you have to have water tanks and pay for water deliveries.
The property is most likely undeveloped which means a well or cistern(water tank), septic and approved access road, heat (propane or wood), generator for electricity or oil lamps/candles and it may be inaccessible at times during the winter months without a snow mobile. As for growing pot the one in Trinidad is a quarter way up Raton Pass in the old Toyota dealership next to the Walmart right off of I 25 so it can be done but only inside where the temp can be regulated.
Don't get me wrong by the way, not trying to discourage you, simply pointing out some things to do research on before taking the plunge.

The property is most likely undeveloped which means a well or cistern(water tank), septic and approved access road, heat (propane or wood), generator for electricity or oil lamps/candles and it may be inaccessible at times during the winter months without a snow mobile. As for growing pot the one in Trinidad is a quarter way up Raton Pass in the old Toyota dealership next to the Walmart right off of I 25 so it can be done but only inside where the temp can be regulated.
Don't get me wrong by the way, not trying to discourage you, simply pointing out some things to do research on before taking the plunge.

It says it has access to a road. In fact it says it has access to 2 roads.

Zoning: Vacant Land
Access: Legal and physical dirt road access off Rio Grande Drive!
Terrain: Level ground with mountain views.
Phone: Would have to be brought in at Buyer's cost. (Contact County and local utility providers for more Information).
Sewer: Would need septic at Buyer's Cost (Contact the County for more Information)
Water: Well or Storage at Buyer's Cost (Contact the County for more Information)
Electricity: Would have to be brought in at Buyer's cost. (Contact County and local utility providers for more Information).
Liens & Judgments: None
Deed Type: Warranty Deed
Time Limit to Build: None
Taxes / Dues: Approximately $45 per year

Easy terms - Call for the details.

Document Processing Fee: $ 200.00

Good luck.

The property is most likely undeveloped which means a well or cistern(water tank), septic and approved access road, heat (propane of wood), generator for electricity or oil lamps/candles and it may be inaccessible at times during the winter months without a snow mobile. As for growing pot the one in Trinidad is a quarter way up Raton Pass in the old Toyota dealership next to the Walmart right off of I 25 so it can be done but only inside where the temp can be .

Phone: Would have to be brought in at Buyer's cost. (Contact County and local utility providers for more Information).
Sewer: Would need septic at Buyer's Cost (Contact the County for more Information)
Water: Well or Storage at Buyer's Cost (Contact the County for more Information)
Electricity: Would have to be brought in at Buyer's cost. (Contact County and local utility providers for more Information).

Could be a good deal. :dunno:
I wouldn't mind having some property up in the mountains.

The property is most likely undeveloped which means a well or cistern(water tank), septic and approved access road, heat (propane of wood), generator for electricity or oil lamps/candles and it may be inaccessible at times during the winter months without a snow mobile. As for growing pot the one in Trinidad is a quarter way up Raton Pass in the old Toyota dealership next to the Walmart right off of I 25 so it can be done but only inside where the temp can be .

Is it windy enough up there to use a couple wind turbines for power? Or does it get enough sunlight to use solar power? Maybe a combination of the two? The only thing I wouldn't like about it, is having to use satellite internet because it is extremely expensive and low quality.

Oh yeah, one thing I almost forgot. If memory serves in Colorado you have to have a minimum of 35 acres in order to be able to use well water outside of the house/structure like watering a lawn or washing vehicles, etc.

Oh yeah, one thing I almost forgot. If memory serves in Colorado you have to have a minimum of 35 acres in order to be able to use well water outside of the house/structure like watering a lawn or washing vehicles, etc.

That's crazy... so if you had pets or farm animals you couldn't water them? Or if you had a garden?

Why would a computer expert care to help your faggot shill ass?

Get you a 775 pentium single core Netburst, fucknut.

Last edited:

Is it windy enough up there to use a couple wind turbines for power? Or does it get enough sunlight to use solar power? Maybe a combination of the two? The only thing I wouldn't like about it, is having to use satellite internet because it is extremely expensive and low quality.
Probably a mix of both wind turbine and solar but you will be very limited in what both will give you. I doubt you'll have the drop or stream available to install a mini Pelton wheel for power.
Unless you can hook up to a phone company you'll need satellite, neither is a great option but phone is still cheaper and better.

Probably a mix of both wind turbine and solar but you will be very limited in what both will give you. I doubt you'll have the drop or stream available to install a mini Pelton wheel for power.
Unless you can hook up to a phone company you'll need satellite, neither is a great option but phone is still cheaper and better.

Yeah if using phone, the signal would be so weakened they might not even be able to put in DSL. I've heard about this problem even here in Kentucky.

That's crazy... so if you had pets or farm animals you couldn't water them? Or if you had a garden?
The state or the old land owners own the water, you can't even collect rainfall in barrels. That said I know that's the way it is up on the high plains to the east of the mountains, in the mountains may be a completely different story, I honestly don't know for certain.

Yeah if using phone, the signal would be so weakened they might not even be able to put in DSL. I've heard about this problem even here in Kentucky.
You're also up in the mountains, yeah it's a huge valley but if you look at cell phone coverage maps..............

Forum List

Back