California’s new solar power plant is actually a death ray that’s incinerating birds mid-flight

Now they want to put giant floating wind turbine towers hundreds of feet high off the coast of California. Can anyone imagine the maintenance costs per year? That alone would dwarf any benefit. Not to mention if one broke loose and washed ashore taking out some starlets beach house.

I hear those are real bad, they are killing farm animals too, They will keep shoving this under the rug , calling it a conspiracy because once again the big stock holding pricks will pay off people etc, etc ..........
I mean common sense would tell most people it unbalances the natural occurrences of everything .......

Some people even claim seizures, some ended up with heart issues. I'll see if I can find that video.
Giant floating wind turbines are killing fam animals?

LOL

You folks crack me up.

You would happily dine on roasted bald eagle if you had a chance to shoot it, and have no problem with the birds killed by power lines, or left over lead shot, or automobiles- or by habitat destruction of strip coal mining- but if a bird gets killed by an 'alternate' energy- you cry crocodile ears.

Let me know when you express concern for the vast majority of birds who die due to other man made causes- and then maybe I will take your 'concern' seriously.

WTF do you call this

A whole lot of Konspiracy Kraziness- directed at any form of energy that doesn't involve fossil fuels.

You spelled conspiracy craziness wrong

You kalled that korrectly!

The word crazy doesn't deserve to be abused by those Krazies.

I have little regard for the fools that believe the split tongued two dicked gnat is more important than humans.
Do you eat meat?
Live in a home with all the death and destruction needed to build?
Do you have leather belongings?
Chow on eggs and dairy with all the lil slave animals?
Do you visit zoos, the circus or any other place that puts animals in cages so folks can peer at them mindlessly?
The list goes on of the hypocrisy of folks stamping a foot for animals while fully contributing to the problem they profess to loathe

I don't eat meat, don't have leather stuff, don't eat eggs, don't visit zoos (what's the point, go see animals in their natural habitat. I've seen all sorts of animals wild, it's far better)
Do you wear plastic? How about cotton? Like linen, do you? Well, here's a news flash: most synthetic products are petroleum based. Any "natural" fabric is produced from plants grown on ground that has been stripped and cleared, and otherwise denied the natural inhabitants, just like most crops.
When it comes to destroying Nature and the planet, who's the hypocrite?

Oh, please.... save me the theatrics.
Oh, please...save me your hypocrisy.
Better yet, lead the way, save the planet on a very close-up, personal level. One less hypocrite won't be missed but your impact on the planet would have a positive effect.

What a typical bullshit answer from someone not interested in politics, just interested in winning. I reckon I know what I would find if I went looking at your message history. But I won't waste my time on your crap.

Now they want to put giant floating wind turbine towers hundreds of feet high off the coast of California. Can anyone imagine the maintenance costs per year? That alone would dwarf any benefit. Not to mention if one broke loose and washed ashore taking out some starlets beach house.

I hear those are real bad, they are killing farm animals too, They will keep shoving this under the rug , calling it a conspiracy because once again the big stock holding pricks will pay off people etc, etc ..........
I mean common sense would tell most people it unbalances the natural occurrences of everything .......

Some people even claim seizures, some ended up with heart issues. I'll see if I can find that video.

There are literally thousands of wind turbines in my county and no claims of illness or injury. Nor are the wildlife hazard that has been claimed. The windmills are clean, quiet and a vital part of the local economy.
Thousand of wind turbines in Oregon, same thing. And the wheat farmers love them. Provides a cushion against the vicissitudes of weather. And they do not have to take care of them, and they have a very small footprint in the wheat fields.

I have little regard for the fools that believe the split tongued two dicked gnat is more important than humans.
Do you eat meat?
Live in a home with all the death and destruction needed to build?
Do you have leather belongings?
Chow on eggs and dairy with all the lil slave animals?
Do you visit zoos, the circus or any other place that puts animals in cages so folks can peer at them mindlessly?
The list goes on of the hypocrisy of folks stamping a foot for animals while fully contributing to the problem they profess to loathe

I don't eat meat, don't have leather stuff, don't eat eggs, don't visit zoos (what's the point, go see animals in their natural habitat. I've seen all sorts of animals wild, it's far better)
Do you wear plastic? How about cotton? Like linen, do you? Well, here's a news flash: most synthetic products are petroleum based. Any "natural" fabric is produced from plants grown on ground that has been stripped and cleared, and otherwise denied the natural inhabitants, just like most crops.
When it comes to destroying Nature and the planet, who's the hypocrite?

Oh, please.... save me the theatrics.
Oh, please...save me your hypocrisy.
Better yet, lead the way, save the planet on a very close-up, personal level. One less hypocrite won't be missed but your impact on the planet would have a positive effect.

What a typical bullshit answer from someone not interested in politics, just interested in winning. I reckon I know what I would find if I went looking at your message history. But I won't waste my time on your crap.

This thread is more about roasted and beat till dead birds than politics.

how many birds, fish and animals died from the Exxon Valdez Alaskan oil spill or the BP deep water Horizon oil spill catastrophe etc....

unforeseen circumstances?

or simply

SH*T HAPPENS!

The difference is Exxon Valdez and the Deepwater Horizion spills were caused by accidents, i.e. things not working as intended. Wind turbines and the focused solar collectors have bird issues while operating as intended.
And the cars on the roads by the wind farms kill more raptors than do the mills. High tension wires and communication towers also kill more birds. So why not address those first?

But we know why those are not being addressed. Because this is an ideological piece of bullshit, has nothing to do with caring for birds or any part of the environment. The big fossil energy corporations are afraid of what solar and wind are doing to their market, and are passing out talking points to people with no brains.

The only reason I bring it up is you idiots think wind and solar come from nothing, cause no harm, and have no impacts. You have to sell it like that to overcome the obvious weakness of both, the intermittent nature of the provided power.

You are typical of your type, any criticism of your cherished concepts has to be destroyed, even if they are valid points.
Gotta love the mentality that also touts the benefits of battery powered vehicles. Where does the electricity come from to charge their batteries?
Got to love ignoramuses that think the Carnot Cycle is efficient. Even when the source of electricity is coal, the EV produces less CO2 per mile than most ICE's. When it is natural gas, it gets double the miles per unit of CO2 as the ICE. But much of our electricity comes from hydro, and about 5% from a combination of solar and wind.

how many birds, fish and animals died from the Exxon Valdez Alaskan oil spill or the BP deep water Horizon oil spill catastrophe etc....

unforeseen circumstances?

or simply

SH*T HAPPENS!

The difference is Exxon Valdez and the Deepwater Horizion spills were caused by accidents, i.e. things not working as intended. Wind turbines and the focused solar collectors have bird issues while operating as intended.
And the cars on the roads by the wind farms kill more raptors than do the mills. High tension wires and communication towers also kill more birds. So why not address those first?

But we know why those are not being addressed. Because this is an ideological piece of bullshit, has nothing to do with caring for birds or any part of the environment. The big fossil energy corporations are afraid of what solar and wind are doing to their market, and are passing out talking points to people with no brains.

The only reason I bring it up is you idiots think wind and solar come from nothing, cause no harm, and have no impacts. You have to sell it like that to overcome the obvious weakness of both, the intermittent nature of the provided power.

You are typical of your type, any criticism of your cherished concepts has to be destroyed, even if they are valid points.
Gotta love the mentality that also touts the benefits of battery powered vehicles. Where does the electricity come from to charge their batteries?
And the batteries themselves are worse on the environment than gasoline.
Now why don't you just explain to us why that is so?

LOL

You folks crack me up.

You would happily dine on roasted bald eagle if you had a chance to shoot it, and have no problem with the birds killed by power lines, or left over lead shot, or automobiles- or by habitat destruction of strip coal mining- but if a bird gets killed by an 'alternate' energy- you cry crocodile ears.

Let me know when you express concern for the vast majority of birds who die due to other man made causes- and then maybe I will take your 'concern' seriously.

WTF do you call this

View attachment 124556

At least 121 structural failures have been recorded too, including entire wind turbines that have crashed to the ground. The website www.windaction.org documents many of these. Turbines have crashed to the ground in school yards, near homes, roads and walking paths where only by sheer luck was no one underneath when the multi-ton structures collapsed. In the Palm Springs area, a turbine spinning out of control forced closure of a major highway. There are also concerns about many turbines still standing –where failures such as cracked foundations and sinkage have been observed.

THE DARK SIDE OF “GREEN”: WIND TURBINE ACCIDENTS, INJURIES AND FATALITIES RAISE SERIOUS SAFETY CONCERNS
LOL About 400,000 wind turbines around the world, and you sate that 121 of them have broken? My, any auto maker would envy that record.

I know some about breaking wind, if that'll help anyone out

California's new solar power plant is actually a death ray that's incinerating birds mid-flight - ExtremeTech
What spans 1,600 hectares, cost $2.2 billion to build, and potentially fries hundreds of thousands of birds per year? The new BrightSource solar power plant in California’s Mojave Dessert. The plant, which uses some 350,000 garage-door-sized mirrors to focus sunlight on three boiler towers, also acts as a death ray, instantly igniting and killing any wildlife that happen to fly through the intense beam of light. Wildlife officials are concerned that this concentrated solar power plant, and others like it, could turn into “mega-trap” that decimates the ecosystem — first attracting insects, and then attracting birds that eat insects. BrightSource, in the mean time, is forging ahead with an even larger solar power plant that officials say could kill four times as many birds. Won’t somebody stop these not-so-green nature-killing maniacs?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh look the brainy scientist are so smart, using some bs based of money ,and oh those millionaires wouldn't want to tell you it's a fk up because imagine how the billions they'd lose in stocks. That money is more important than the health of their peasants.

Science is never wrong they know everything .
they don't know everything,

but they are problem solvers....

And it seems like they could create some sort of bird whistle like a deer whistle that surrounds the plant or some kind of invisible electrical fence that could steer the birds away from the frying area???

See.. Now there's the problem. They got environmental permits. EVEN THO -- there were SERIOUS enviro issues with these solar death ray installations. It's 100s of acres !! And it displaced desert tortoises that were the entire reason for closing off high desert areas to recreation. And it uses WATER in a place where water is scarce. So birds weren't the ONLY issue. And if it was NOT a "clean green alternative" -- those permits would NEVER have issued before the geniuses figured out how to abate the inevitable wildlife impacts.

Different standards. Like the rapture kills from wind turbines. The Govt is actually issuing waivers and permits for Eagle kills at wind farms. These green toys need to be held to the same RIDICULOUSLY rigorous standards.

[QU
Yes. I hunt and fish. I have slave animals for dairy and eggs (they don't seem to have a complaint). I harvest my slave animals for meat and leather. I don't have time for zoos or circuses. I'm not seeing how that all makes me a hypocrite.

You misunderstand me. I don't believe people that chow on meat or do any of those things are hypocrites.
I believe those that are high handed about it but do do those things are hypocrites.
I eat meat here and there. I own leather things etc. Hubby hunts and we both fish
Check!
There are lots of people who obviously feel superior because they don't eat meat (yeah, right), use leather, etc. They are totally ignorant about where the products they use come from. One class I attended went around the room and identified the source of the items therein. YOU might not be surprised how many of the things we use every day are petroleum based, but lots of others have no clue, obviously.

I agree 100%. I have a couple environmental wackos in my friend and family list. I don't think they're dangerous... yet... but their asshole attitudes can sometimes make for interesting holidays and get together.I told my crazy cousin her electric car probably did more damage in the making and batteries and shit than my big ass truck will ever do and I thought she was going to lunge across the table and gouge out my eyes with a turkey drumstick.
So yikes
They're nuts.

They're also cowardly.

It's all a part of being way far left of sane. Some even believe there are far too many of us humans and think maybe a catastrophe of epic proportions need to happen asap. Killing a million people will save 3, count em... THREE bow-legged fleas!
Well, I do agree that there are perhaps far more humans than can be sustained. I always invite those who claim to believe in AGW to lead humanity and make that ultimate sacrifice to save the planet. So far, no reports of mass suicides of gorbal warming acolytes.

LOL

You folks crack me up.

First, I would not dine on eagles, they are no doubt way too tough. I do see my share of raptors, etc, killed by aircraft. But those numbers are minuscule compared to wind farm avian fatalities. What bothers me is the hypocrisy of those who view the death of a raptor by any means other than "green" to be an environmental disaster. If these animals die as a result of "green" energy (solar or wind), they should be viewed as acceptable casualties to save the planet.

LOL

You folks crack me up.

OH, yeah...what the hell are "fam" animals?

LOL

You folks crack me up.

First, I would not dine on eagles, they are no doubt way too tough. I do see my share of raptors, etc, killed by aircraft. But those numbers are minuscule compared to wind farm avian fatalities. What bothers me is the hypocrisy of those who view the death of a raptor by any means other than "green" to be an environmental disaster. If these animals die as a result of "green" energy (solar or wind), they should be viewed as acceptable casualties to save the planet.

who mentioned aircraft?

What are the leading causes of raptors?

Not going to look it up again but as I recall they are:

Lead poisoning
Automobile collisions
Electrocution by power lines

Wind generation plants deaths don't even hit the top five

I am fine with fixing the technology to reduce the impact from energy production- and that is happening with wind turbines right now.

My only point is these threads are invariably started by people who only appear to 'care' about raptors when they are killed by solar or wind power.

The rest of the time they would happily use them for target practice.

California's new solar power plant is actually a death ray that's incinerating birds mid-flight - ExtremeTech
What spans 1,600 hectares, cost $2.2 billion to build, and potentially fries hundreds of thousands of birds per year? The new BrightSource solar power plant in California’s Mojave Dessert. The plant, which uses some 350,000 garage-door-sized mirrors to focus sunlight on three boiler towers, also acts as a death ray, instantly igniting and killing any wildlife that happen to fly through the intense beam of light. Wildlife officials are concerned that this concentrated solar power plant, and others like it, could turn into “mega-trap” that decimates the ecosystem — first attracting insects, and then attracting birds that eat insects. BrightSource, in the mean time, is forging ahead with an even larger solar power plant that officials say could kill four times as many birds. Won’t somebody stop these not-so-green nature-killing maniacs?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh look the brainy scientist are so smart, using some bs based of money ,and oh those millionaires wouldn't want to tell you it's a fk up because imagine how the billions they'd lose in stocks. That money is more important than the health of their peasants.

Science is never wrong they know everything .
they don't know everything,

but they are problem solvers....

And it seems like they could create some sort of bird whistle like a deer whistle that surrounds the plant or some kind of invisible electrical fence that could steer the birds away from the frying area???

Different standards. Like the rapture kills from wind turbines. The Govt is actually issuing waivers and permits for Eagle kills at wind farms. These green toys need to be held to the same RIDICULOUSLY rigorous standards.

Well there I agree with you.

Of course there are more deaths due to electrocution on high power lines........should the power companies be held to the same ridiculously high standards for power lines too?

Forum List

Back