California shows how to balance budget

California, the favorite whipping boy for some Nutter's, is showing how to move from billions in deficit spending to a balanced budget with the prospect of surpluses in the near future. And that in just 2 years.

How did Gov. Brown and the Democrat-controlled legislature do it so fast? Spending cuts, higher taxes and an improved economy, a three-pronged attack on the deficit. Unlike the mantra of the right which advocates only cuts in spending, the Governor and the Legislature realized it takes much more than that to produce a healthy economy and budget.

Can California be a template for Washington? Not so long as the Nutter's in the House cling to their Grover Norquist pledge.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/11/u....html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20130111

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Bless the Governor's heart!
I live in California.
The deficit is not gone.
Unemployment is at 9.8%
Police and Fire are cut to the bone with more layoffs in the future.
UNFUNDED liabilities, the white elephant in the room, are not funded.
Even the Kings are looking to be bought!

I think Dear Jerry is smoking again.

California, the favorite whipping boy for some Nutter's, is showing how to move from billions in deficit spending to a balanced budget with the prospect of surpluses in the near future. And that in just 2 years.

How did Gov. Brown and the Democrat-controlled legislature do it so fast? Spending cuts, higher taxes and an improved economy, a three-pronged attack on the deficit. Unlike the mantra of the right which advocates only cuts in spending, the Governor and the Legislature realized it takes much more than that to produce a healthy economy and budget.

Can California be a template for Washington? Not so long as the Nutter's in the House cling to their Grover Norquist pledge.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/11/u....html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20130111

Let me ask you a question, Oldguy and don't take it the wrong way! When you listen to Obama is that man smart and I don't want to call some other Presidents dumb? I think Clinton was the smartest modern President and I grew up since Truman. Nixon isn't far behind, but how smart is Obama? Obama definitely has a better personality, but it's hard to tell how smart they are.

I'm just asking your opinion.

I'll answer that.

Absolutely. President Obama is very, very smart. There is no question about it.

I guess we just lick ass Oldguy.

I never heard his speeches, until he was President. Obama is a very smart man and I don't give a damn about the color of someone's skin.

Last edited:

I live in California.
The deficit is not gone.
Unemployment is at 9.8%

And major manufacturing investments go to the South and the Midwest. There is not a car assembly line left in California and New England

Let me ask you a question, Oldguy and don't take it the wrong way! When you listen to Obama is that man smart and I don't want to call some other Presidents dumb? I think Clinton was the smartest modern President and I grew up since Truman. Nixon isn't far behind, but how smart is Obama? Obama definitely has a better personality, but it's hard to tell how smart they are.

I'll answer that.

I guess we just lick ass Oldguy.

I never heard his speeches, until he was President. Obama is a very smart man and I don't give a damn about the color of someone's skin.
Yes, you lick ass, and neither of you have given one reason why you think the buffoon in the white house is so damn smart.

He's got a slick mouth, I'll give ya that, but smart, I see no proof of him being any more intelligent than the obama phone idiots he represents.

Last edited:

Since you have provided so much evidence that President Obama is not smart, I have no choice but to reverse my opinion. You have made an excellent case. Who would be so silly as to challenge anything you say?

I'll answer that.

What evidence do you use?

There would be all kinds of evidence if he unsealed his college transcripts.

One has to wonder why he hasn't done same. After all. It would prove just how fucking smart he is.

Or perhaps not. LOL

Since you have provided so much evidence that President Obama is not smart, I have no choice but to reverse my opinion. You have made an excellent case. Who would be so silly as to challenge anything you say?

I'm not the one falling all over myself claiming the fucker is so damn smart, you two are.

Now are you going to back it up or just give more examples of irony?

I'll answer that.

What evidence do you use?

There would be all kinds of evidence if he unsealed his college transcripts.

One has to wonder why he hasn't done same. After all. It would prove just how fucking smart he is.

Or perhaps not. LOL
Or prove he wasn't born in Hawaii, and put himself through college on foreign student aide.

Ooops... that would mean he's illegally holding the office of president. Can't have that. Better keep all that sealed.

obamaslies.jpg

I live in California.
The deficit is not gone.
Unemployment is at 9.8%

The deficit is not gone, it is not growing it is shrinking. Hiring is up, but the number of UE may remain the same because as you properly point out first responders are not being replaced and many are retiring early. Pension reform is in the works and many city and county employees are leaving early because the generous retirements will become a thing of the past and the workload has vastly increased due to manpower shortages.

I wouldn't worry about the Kings, you can always come to The Bay and watch the Warriors; Sacto has always been a "Triple A" town in terms of sports and restaurants. In fact the Warriors will soon be playing on the Embarcadero in The City and you can see good basketball, a real waterfront and five-star restaurants.

I'm not the one falling all over myself claiming the fucker is so damn smart, you two are.

Now are you going to back it up or just give more examples of irony?

I was asked my opinion. Who told you that an opinion needs to be backed up by anything?

I'll use this for support, though.

President Obama schools Republicans on policies and truth - Modesto Political Issues | Examiner.com

I live in California.
The deficit is not gone.
Unemployment is at 9.8%

The deficit is not gone, it is not growing it is shrinking. Hiring is up, but the number of UE may remain the same because as you properly point out first responders are not being replaced and many are retiring early. Pension reform is in the works and many city and county employees are leaving early because the generous retirements will become a thing of the past and the workload has vastly increased due to manpower shortages.

I wouldn't worry about the Kings, you can always come to The Bay and watch the Warriors; Sacto has always been a "Triple A" town in terms of sports and restaurants. In fact the Warriors will soon be playing on the Embarcadero in The City and you can see good basketball, a real waterfront and five-star restaurants.

And a credible link to prove anything you've said is true is... where... ?

Last edited:

I live in California.
The deficit is not gone.
Unemployment is at 9.8%

And a credible link to prove anything you've said is true is... where... ?

That's what I thought, you're just talking your liberal lies and bull shit again.

There is not a car assembly line left in California and New England

Guess again...

Tesla Motors | Premium Electric Vehicles

They just hit the benchmark of making 100 cars in a day up from 5 per day.

280px-Roadster_2.5_windmills_trimmed.jpg

So why are they going to make such a high capacity plant, when they only plan to deliver 2700-3225 this year? In fact that is down from the 5000 they were hoping to deliver.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/I...-zipped-on-Model-S-electric-car-sales-figures

Last edited:
There is not a car assembly line left in California and New England

Guess again...

Tesla Motors | Premium Electric Vehicles

They just hit the benchmark of making 100 cars in a day up from 5 per day.

280px-Roadster_2.5_windmills_trimmed.jpg

So why are they going to make such a high capacity plant, when they only plan to deliver 2700-3225 this year? In fact that is down from the 5000 they were hoping to deliver.

Tesla's lips zipped on Model S electric car sales figures - CSMonitor.com

What are you talking about? What "high capacity plant"?

I live in California.
The deficit is not gone.
Unemployment is at 9.8%

You remind me of all the cons who SCREAMED about losing services after they voted for prop 13.

You want government dead remember

Forum List

Back