California shows how to balance budget

California, the favorite whipping boy for some Nutter's, is showing how to move from billions in deficit spending to a balanced budget with the prospect of surpluses in the near future. And that in just 2 years.

How did Gov. Brown and the Democrat-controlled legislature do it so fast? Spending cuts, higher taxes and an improved economy, a three-pronged attack on the deficit. Unlike the mantra of the right which advocates only cuts in spending, the Governor and the Legislature realized it takes much more than that to produce a healthy economy and budget.

Can California be a template for Washington? Not so long as the Nutter's in the House cling to their Grover Norquist pledge.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/11/u....html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20130111

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Bless the Governor's heart!
I live in California.
The deficit is not gone.
Unemployment is at 9.8%
Police and Fire are cut to the bone with more layoffs in the future.
UNFUNDED liabilities, the white elephant in the room, are not funded.
Even the Kings are looking to be bought!

I think Dear Jerry is smoking again.

Sometimes you can read something and the sheer magnitude of the lie is jaw dropping. That's what the NY Times article is. I too live in California. Brown and the Times supposes that they can say something in New York and no one in California will ever see it. The deficit is not gone. It is larger than ever.

Unemployment is getting higher because more and more companies are leaving the state. Police and fire departments are cut to the bone for two reasons, one is that the state is so broke, it is taking money from cities (that pay police and firefighters) leaving them to struggle with their own lavish union benefits to public service workers. Two cities have already declared bankruptcy, Stockton and San Bernardino.

California has "saved" money by releasing prisoners into the streets. One got early release, and in two hours robbed a bank and was back in custody.

Brown has three tax increases passed simultaneously because those who receive public benefits far, far, outnumber the pitiful few still paying taxes.

In a grab for whatever it can get, the state passed over 800 new laws that took effect January 1 in order to get a few pennies by fines still left after taxes.

Of all the lies, probably the most in your face is that California's economy has improved. Not only is Brown still smoking, but someone should test him for Alzheimers. California is broke. The cities in California are broke.

Unemployment Rate - Last Ten Years | MacroTrends

fucking lair

California, the favorite whipping boy for some Nutter's, is showing how to move from billions in deficit spending to a balanced budget with the prospect of surpluses in the near future. And that in just 2 years.

How did Gov. Brown and the Democrat-controlled legislature do it so fast? Spending cuts, higher taxes and an improved economy, a three-pronged attack on the deficit. Unlike the mantra of the right which advocates only cuts in spending, the Governor and the Legislature realized it takes much more than that to produce a healthy economy and budget.

Can California be a template for Washington? Not so long as the Nutter's in the House cling to their Grover Norquist pledge.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/11/u....html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20130111

I hope they are on the right track and their massive budget problems are behind them. However, a look at history should lead one to question their current projections:

May 15, 2012:

The Democratic governor says the general fund deficit has mushroomed from $9.2 billion to $15.7 billion. Most of the widening gap comes from acknowledging that his previous forecast was too optimistic, a concern that economists voiced last summer.

Optimistic projections led to dramatic surge in California budget deficit - State Budget - The Sacramento Bee

I would be somewhat cautious in accepting this new projection based upon the outcome of past forecasts that fell dramatically short. Only time will tell.

Yes, one should always be cautious of any future projections because nobody knows what the future holds and the motivation for spin is apparent.

But, I still think they are on the right track and that it's a track Washington is not following, and won't follow so long as the GOP clings to its ideological position in the face of reality.

And, frankly, I'm genuinely surprised that the former "Governor Moonbeam" could be this pragmatic. When the voters of California re-elected him again, many years after his previous term, I thought, "Oh, boy. I can't believe they fell for that lunatic again."

I might have been wrong.

Jerry Brown - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes you were,

that whole moonbeam thing was a republican load of pig shit.

go read the real record O Brown as gov

There is not a car assembly line left in California and New England

Guess again...

Tesla Motors | Premium Electric Vehicles

They just hit the benchmark of making 100 cars in a day up from 5 per day.

280px-Roadster_2.5_windmills_trimmed.jpg

You're right. I love Tesla. I meant high-volume assembly lines.

Uh.. no.. they are NOT producing ~35K cars a year (you also have to take marketing speak with a grain of salt)... and to go on that kind of production without knowing whether they will actually sell that many in a down economy is a huge risk

Moonbeam is assuming that all the new tax hikes will bring is more revenue, however as he babbles and stutters on, many rich folks and businesses are packing their bags and moving out for lower tax states.

Like all libs, he counts his chickens even before they're conceived.

Last edited:
What evidence do you use?

There would be all kinds of evidence if he unsealed his college transcripts.

One has to wonder why he hasn't done same. After all. It would prove just how fucking smart he is.

Or perhaps not. LOL

He graduated Magna Cum Laude from Harvard Law School.

Next.

So they say,

Obama evidently graduated Magna Cum Laude from the Harvard law school, but his academic records are unavailable to us. We don’t know what his actual academic accomplishments were that allowed him to progress through the Ivy League schools, or even if they existed at all.

In contrast, Romney’s academic record is public. He graduated Cum Laude in law, but he also simultaneously finished the Harvard Business School’s M.B.A. program in the top 5 percent of graduates. He completed both degrees simultaneously in just four years.

Guess Romney was smarter thatn Barry boy. Big time.

Next.

Yea sure,your dreaming fool,uncontrolled taxes and fees-1000's pack there bags everyday to get out of that cesspool.
According to a 2012 study by 24/7 Wall Street, California is the worst run state taking into account debt per capita, budget deficits, unemployment, median household income, and the percentage of the percentage of the population below the poverty linewi over 4 million on food stamps.Federal government feeds 1/3 trillion into Calif each year for it to function.

There would be all kinds of evidence if he unsealed his college transcripts.

One has to wonder why he hasn't done same. After all. It would prove just how fucking smart he is.

Or perhaps not. LOL

Next.

So they say,

Obama evidently graduated Magna Cum Laude from the Harvard law school, but his academic records are unavailable to us. We don’t know what his actual academic accomplishments were that allowed him to progress through the Ivy League schools, or even if they existed at all.

In contrast, Romney’s academic record is public. He graduated Cum Laude in law, but he also simultaneously finished the Harvard Business School’s M.B.A. program in the top 5 percent of graduates. He completed both degrees simultaneously in just four years.

Next.

Until he releases his transcripts, I don't believe a word of it.

The ONLY thing we know for sure about BHO is that he's a pathological liar.

Next.

So they say,

Next.

then you should move out of the country if you hate your fellow Americans so much

Next.

So they say,

Next.

porkchop_gallery1.jpg

Nothing but "PROJECTIONS." I'll believe a California surplus when it's real.

Until then, this is just a dog and pony show.

My thoughts exactly, put simply, oldguys got a bad case of "wishful thinking."

Guess again...

Tesla Motors | Premium Electric Vehicles

They just hit the benchmark of making 100 cars in a day up from 5 per day.

280px-Roadster_2.5_windmills_trimmed.jpg

You're right. I love Tesla. I meant high-volume assembly lines.

Uh.. no.. they are NOT producing ~35K cars a year (you also have to take marketing speak with a grain of salt)... and to go on that kind of production without knowing whether they will actually sell that many in a down economy is a huge risk

Who said they were making 35,000 cars a year?

Forum List

Back