California now telling their citizens to use air horns for their rampant crime in cities like Oakland.

I read the other day they are also moving to Las Vegas...
Hell ... there are almost as many California license plates here in southern Utah as there are Utah plates. I'm hoping that the good Californians are moving here and leaving the LibTards back in the toilet of their own making.

Hell ... there are almost as many California license plates here in southern Utah as there are Utah plates. I'm hoping that the good Californians are moving here and leaving the LibTards back in the toilet of their own making.

I hope you’re right. It’s not very likely. Sorry.

There’s no getting through to leftists. They are programmed to ignore reality.
1692577317524.png

The best part is California leftards will actually go out and buy air horns. I can’t wait to see the videos of victims blowing their air horns as they’re being pummeled .

Have you ever known a dude who died in the electric chair to commit any more crimes? You really are pretty dumb.
How is that an actual deterrent for committing the crime in the first place? If it were an actual deterrent that worked, there wouldnt be anyone on death row.

Look a dummy that thinks capital punishment actually works as a deterrent. There has been a war on drugs for 50 years how has that worked out? Just admit you want to kill people and get off on the idea and we can move on.
Capital punishment doesn’t work as a deterrent because criminals are absolutely sure that they are smarter than the rest of us and won’t get caught. But Capital punishment is one hundred percent effective in preventing recidivism.

How is that an actual deterrent for committing the crime in the first place? If it were an actual deterrent that worked, there wouldnt be anyone on death row.
Criminals commit many crimes before they even get caught the first time and many times that before they get severely punished. Crime does pay.

On the other hand, it not for the death penalty, violent murders may be double what they are. You cannot definitively state that capital punishment hasn't deterred potentially violent crimes. And, since not all States have the death penalty, many of the criminals who should receive the death penalty, didn't receive the death penalty.

On the other hand, it not for the death penalty, violent murders may be double what they are. You cannot definitively state that capital punishment hasn't deterred potentially violent crimes. And, since not all States have the death penalty, many of the criminals who should receive the death penalty, didn't receive the death penalty.
And you cant say it has deterred it either. May be double? Where'd you get that number from, dipshit?

Yaaaawn, because that's been a deterrent. Here's an idea, you guys should try a "three strikes and your out" system. That wll work for.sure. How about bringing back capital punisment? You know for sure there won't be any murders then. Maybe declare a war on drugs and clean up the street.
It has been a deterrent.

Do you actually contend that removing jail will not effect the crime rate?

Because that is one of the most moronic things I have heard in a very long time.

Though the death penalty does not seem to work as a deterrent, this measuring stick is asinine. Nothing works at a rate of 100 percent, the question is if it would reduce the number of people committing the crimes, not if it would halt it entirely.

It has been a deterrent.

Do you actually contend that removing jail will not effect the crime rate?

Because that is one of the most moronic things I have heard in a very long time.
I am saying that you will not prevent most crimes with punishment alone, it requires a change in society,, it is a social and economic issue. We all want the easy, reptilian brain solution, "throw the sob in prison, that will fix everything!" . If someone deserves prison, yes, go for it, don't expect crime stats to move much. If I mention G_d or interactions with poor people, moving of money to social programs and outreach I will be dismissed. These are better long term deterrents, a!ong with work for people.

I am saying that you will not prevent most crimes with punishment alone, it requires a change in society,,
I know, in general, that is what you were saying.

You are just flat out incorrect. The justice system does need reform as prison is very poorly concaved atm as it prioritizes punishment over reform BUT the number one thing you can do to reduce crime is to enforce the law as close to 100 percent as possible. If you are caught every time you commit a crime, it is very unlikely you are going to commit that crime.
it is a social and economic issue. We all want the easy, reptilian brain solution, "throw the sob in prison, that will fix everything!" . If someone deserves prison, yes, go for it, don't expect crime stats to move much. If I mention G_d or interw tions, moving of money to social.programs and outreach to people I will be dismissed. These are better long term dterrents, a!ong with work for people.
No, there are not. Simply asserting it is pointless. Society wide, enforcement of law is the absolute best deterrent from crime that exists. This is uniform amongst ALL successful societies. That should be an obvious indicator of how successful the idea has been.

Blaming crime on economics, while there are drivers there, does not fix crime at all and is a vastly more nuanced and complex conversation. One thing we do know, whatever the economic situation of the nation, some form of law enforcement is necessary for a large society to function.

Forum List

Back