California in the red by $127.2 billion, state auditors say

They always want to gloss over the pension problems. Sometimes a local CA problem, but the state will cover it? not sure about that.

This guy gets $216K +++ cola, medical all that stuff. Forever. He is not alone. Won't run out like your little tiny 401K......LOL! 401K....

When city retirement pays better than the job

la-me-el-monte-pension-20161227-photos-007.jpg

I am a Chicagoan also.. Left to south Carolina in 2004..

My advice get out as fast as you can..

I hate Michelle madigan
I am a Chicagoan also.. Left to south Carolina in 2004..

My advice get out as fast as you can..

I hate Michelle madigan
I wish I were already gone!
I don't have the financial means

I pay $30 in city and state taxes for cable
$7.50 city amusement tax
$5+ sports broadcast fee
$3+ 911 fee

The 911 tax was supposed to be only until
the new 911 call center they built was paid off.

The city council created a peanut tax...
You pay more for a snicker bar then a Hershey bar

They created a soda tax, a fruit juice tax

Now, this new bag tax...it's just unreal!

I feel you at least you seen the cubbies win..

And what?

Holy cow..
And what?
Yep...Reese cups, payday, baby ruth... you pay more for

Electricity use tax
Gas use tax
Yes, according to the city, we are paying for the privilege
to use electricity and gas!

Paying for garbage pick up is on the table

I'm assuming you live in an apartment some where in the west side..

Power bills should be paid by you.. Trash pickup is supposed to be a public health service in a city like yours.
I'm assuming you live in an apartment some where in the west side..

Power bills should be paid by you.. Trash pickup is supposed to be a public health service in a city like yours.
I do, on the SW side

I pay the city a tax for the privilege to use electricity.
I had my gas shut off years ago,....
heat and hot water are included in my rent

To generate more money because the city is broke
They put charging for garbage pick up on the table

That's what I thought.. I really didn't want to say were you really lived.. But I so love your spunk..

And knowledge..

You made my day ..

Couple of 50 year old firemen up in Gilroy CA were getting more than $10K/mo forever +++

They were taking the city to court for "back overtime"...........LOL.

Many times these pension folks.............well they hire back on elsewhere as "consultant" at some massive rate. Pension not affected. See Redwood city Sherriff (??) as one example.

Wonder how old Heather Fong up in SFO is making out? better known as leather thong.....LOL

I wish I were already gone!
I don't have the financial means

I pay $30 in city and state taxes for cable
$7.50 city amusement tax
$5+ sports broadcast fee
$3+ 911 fee

The 911 tax was supposed to be only until
the new 911 call center they built was paid off.

They created a soda tax, a fruit juice tax

Now, this new bag tax...it's just unreal!

And what?

Holy cow..

So you are telling me that you're running around dodging bullets trying to stay alive and rahm the mayor of Chicago (Obama's close comrade) is more concerned with you paying more for a snicker bar then a Hershey bar?

And you now have to pay more for bags at bath and body works?

Amazing and unrealistic
So you are telling me that you're running around dodging bullets trying to stay alive and rahm the mayor of Chicago (Obama's close comrade) is more concerned with you paying more for a snicker bar then a Hershey bar?

Amazing and unrealistic
Daley was mayor for all those taxes I mentioned,
except the new bag tax....you have to pay a tax on bags.

If you buy something, and it's going into a bag
you have to pay 7¢ per bag...
This does not apply to fast food take out
or if you're buying groceries with a link card

Why don't you go to Aldis? They set out card board boxes. Or bring your own bag?
Why don't you go to Aldis? They set out card board boxes. Or bring your own bag?
Lol...I do bring my own bags

I push it out in the cart w/o bags. Then put it into bags at car because it is faster. AND I always forget the bags.

And what?

Holy cow..

Amazing and unrealistic

Amazing and unrealistic
Daley was mayor for all those taxes I mentioned,
except the new bag tax....you have to pay a tax on bags.

If you buy something, and it's going into a bag
you have to pay 7¢ per bag...
This does not apply to fast food take out
or if you're buying groceries with a link card

Lol...I do bring my own bags

I push it out in the cart w/o bags. Then put it into bags at car because it is faster. AND I always forget the bags.

God help us guys.. :)

It's like doing laundry.. When out of the dryer just roll it up and shove it in the dresser drawers ..

And watch television.. Worry about it later

I get so mad about open-ended GOVT pensions I could take up Ax Handles. Take a look at FED pension amount. It is about 1/3 the size of SS per year ytd. How many FED employees are "on it"? well hidden. I know it includes military, they deserve every cent. But they mingle in all the Burecrats to hide it. GARSH DAMMMET!

Capture.JPG

It'll just be cheaper to buy it on the black market, and I suspect most will. No taxes, no revenue

Is that what's happening in the other states that already legalized it?

I've heard that is the case in Colorado.

I think you heard wrong

Colorado Topped $1 Billion in Legal Marijuana Sales in 2016

Marijuana can't really get cheaper, until it gets 3D printed or grown by robots or something. Then there's the taxes on the legal product. So, black market prices should remain steady for the foreseeable future.

The big potential is in non-psychoactive medicines to fight cancer, seizures, high blood pressure, asthma, PTSD, depression, etc..

Wealth distribution always ends up the same way, a tangled mess of unsustainable debt fueled by government and bureaucratic waste.

The report says that the state’s negative status increased that year, largely because it spent $1.7 billion more than it received in revenues and wound up with an accumulated deficit of just under $23 billion in fiscal year 2011-2012, the Sacramento Bee stated.

Gov. Jerry Brown has referred to the deficit and other budget gaps, mostly money owed to schools, as a “wall of debt” totaling more than $30 billion, the Sacramento Bee reported.

The proposed solution will, of course, be predictable. Raise more taxes! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

It's gonna get a lot worse when Congress starts pulling federal funding.

I think we should secede. Use Bitcoin, have an army of Google Atlas robots, alternative energy, renegotiate all our liabilities. If anyone messes with us, we have all your passwords and credit card numbers. And we'll cut off your Neflix. And our celebrities will give you a stern lecture, don't forget that.

We'd need the Tesla gigaplant by Reno, and Vegas for obvious reasons.

Wealth distribution always ends up the same way, a tangled mess of unsustainable debt fueled by government and bureaucratic waste.

The report says that the state’s negative status increased that year, largely because it spent $1.7 billion more than it received in revenues and wound up with an accumulated deficit of just under $23 billion in fiscal year 2011-2012, the Sacramento Bee stated.

Gov. Jerry Brown has referred to the deficit and other budget gaps, mostly money owed to schools, as a “wall of debt” totaling more than $30 billion, the Sacramento Bee reported.

The proposed solution will, of course, be predictable. Raise more taxes! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

If the California snowflakes running that shiftshow could figure out how to tax people at 150%, they would do it.

Last edited:
It'll just be cheaper to buy it on the black market, and I suspect most will. No taxes, no revenue

Is that what's happening in the other states that already legalized it?

I've heard that is the case in Colorado.

I think you heard wrong

Colorado Topped $1 Billion in Legal Marijuana Sales in 2016

Did I?

Colorado Lost $25,000,000 to The Black Market

Who knew they had trade orgs?

It's childcare and scholarships that account for most of the deficit.

Welfare state.

The deficit is 5 per cent of the state's GDP. ie, nothing...

To give you an example, US debt is over 100 per cent of the country's GDP

The difference is the government has the feds.. States don't, city's don't.

And I still want to know how Obama can blow over 9 trillion dollars..

On what?

I want to know why cats have two tails.

Why oh why? :rolleyes:

(Cats have only one tail and Obama certainly did no such thing, his policy added up to about 1.5-2T of our debt accumulation, compared to 5T for W)

Last edited:
The deficit is 5 per cent of the state's GDP. ie, nothing...

To give you an example, US debt is over 100 per cent of the country's GDP

The difference is the government has the feds.. States don't, city's don't.

And I still want to know how Obama can blow over 9 trillion dollars..

On what?

I want to know why cats have two tails.

Why oh why? :rolleyes:

(Cats have only one tail and Obama certainly did no such thing, his policy added up to about 1.5-2T of our debt accumulation, compared to 5T for W)

Numbers of the debt clock don't lie..

California lawmakers want to teach kids at school that russia hacked the election and the state senate leader admitted half his family are illegal immigrants when making his case for sanctuary cities. that's what they're focused on. we are doomed.

Forum List

Back