California fires

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
After a very dry hot summer, the Santa Anna winds are creating havoc in California. 10 dead, 1500 structures destroyed, and they have just started counting.

22366364_1630581983632782_2933235348566494628_n.jpg

Aerial photo shows destroyed neighborhood

Continuing coverage at the site.

Sheesh, I lived in Santa Rosa for 7 years, my old house has burned to the ground, last year another old house burned to the ground in the California Valley Fire.. That leaves Los Altos and Palo Alto of my old homes still standing... sheesh.

I was down there in the spring, with so much rain it was unreal lush and beautiful but with the State not interested in clearing underbrush throughout the State.. California's ripe for fire and environmental disaster for many years to come.

Then there's this ... California drought: Why doesn’t California build big dams any more? – The Mercury News

Last edited:
After a very dry hot summer, the Santa Anna winds are creating havoc in California. 10 dead, 1500 structures destroyed, and they have just started counting.

I wonder what that professor who thinks Harvey was Karma for Texas voting for Trump thinks these wildfires are Karma for.
Professor fired after saying Harvey is karma for Texas Trump voters
In one case, a sociology professor at a Florida university was fired after tweeting Sunday that the damage from Hurricane Harvey was karma for Texans voting for President Trump.

University of Tampa visiting assistant professor Ken Storey has since deactivated his Twitter account, but on Sunday wrote, "I dont believe in instant karma but this kinda feels like it for Texas. Hopefully this will help them realize the GOP doesnt care about them."

It's passed time for them to learn how to fire proof their house.

the internet is full of helpful ideas and pics of untouched houses that are surrounded by the tinder of other homes.

feel for the victims, wish they had prepared better.

And so it goes for people who build and live in a place where fire is an internal part of the environment...just as it is for people who choose to live on earth quake faults, ocean fronts, flood plains, etc. etc. etc. Stop crying about nature doing what nature does.

And so it goes for people who build and live in a place where fire is an internal part of the environment...just as it is for people who choose to live on earth quake faults, ocean fronts, flood plains, etc. etc. etc. Stop crying about nature doing what nature does.

Brutal but true...

It would not surprise me if it is determined LWNJs were responsible for some of these fires. They could have purposely set fires in the hopes of duping dummies like Old Crotch (easily done).

They have been known to do such things....A false flag...so to speak.

It would not surprise me if it is determined LWNJs were responsible for some of these fires. They could have purposely set fires in the hopes of duping dummies like Old Crotch (easily done).

Friends I've talked to don't seem to think so but ... :dunno:

The high winds blowing towards the coast seems odd to me.

Agreed....however there does seem to be multiple fires. While this certainly could happen naturally, it also might be caused by LWNJs.

Maybe OldCock is driving around setting fires. Would not surprise me.

Agreed....however there does seem to be multiple fires. While this certainly could happen naturally, it also might be caused by LWNJs.

Maybe OldCock is driving around setting fires. Would not surprise me.

I doubt he can run like he used to ...

old-man-clip-art-122558.jpeg

The Santa Ana winds are strong, extremely dry down-slopewinds that originate inland and affect coastal Southern California and northern Baja California. They originate from cool, dry high-pressure air masses in the Great Basin.
Santa Ana winds - Wikipedia

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-10_4-40-19.jpeg
    upload_2017-10-10_4-40-19.jpeg
    5 KB · Views: 54
Winds blowing 50 to 80 mph will carry sparks and burning debris for miles. Extremely dry summer, recent record heat, and then the winds. Downed powerline, a windblown piece of metal hitting something and creating a spark, any source of a spark in those conditions, and you have a firestorm.

Fire death toll now stands at 38, 400 are missing. More evacuations are being started as just when they thought they were getting some of the fires under control a new one has started near Skyhawk and Mountain Hawk requiring more evacuations.

5700 buildings destroyed now with 1.2 billion in damage in Santa Rosa ALONE. The biggest wildfire disaster in modern U.S. history.

https://weather.com/...alifornia-fires

http://www.sfgate.co...ed-12277244.php

Some theorizing these fires deliberately set. Too many in such a short space of time
Yep, hearing hints of that from officials.

Yep.....I mean c'mon now. What? Is California the only state that sits on an ocean and has the wind blowing? And what other state would you expect this to happen? The answer is.............none except once in a great while. All the environmental nutters are out in California. Burn the fucking state down and you're gonna get attention.

I live on Long Island where out east we have a vast expanse of tree's called the "Pine Barrens". Takes up about 1/2 of eastern Long Island. About 4 miles from the ocean......all wind all the time.:2up:. Plenty of periods of drought. Had large area's of it burn back in the late 1980's but not since. But in California, we get this shit happening every year. C'mon now............:bye1::bye1: .......a little bit of common sense here s0ns!

Last edited:
Get real Steve. New York and New Jersey do not have the terrain or the climate that California has. And here in Oregon, where we do have a more temperate climate, because of the extent of our forests, and the winds, we also get very large fires. But we do not yet have the population that California has. Even so, we have seen several times in the last decade where we have nearly lost small towns to fires.

Forum List

Back