California facing higher $16 billion shortfall

Dear idiots Prop 13 was your baby and it has starved cali of revenue for decades

it took a majority of californians which happen to be liberals to pass that proposition.. so sit in yer own poop and whine a little mo whydoncya?

Ugh, I hate to see this. I was born there and spent the first 22 years of my life there. I make excuses to create business reasons to visit the Bay Area whenever I can.

They have over-spent, they have over-taxed, they have over-given, and now they're facing the completely predictable result. Worse, I don't know how they get out of this, and this will affect the rest of the country.

Why would a business want to open its doors there? Why would a family want to move there?

Crap, I can't even put words together. It's such a freakin' beautiful state, and politicians are doing everything they can to kill it. Too frustrating.

policies were put in place years ago that were well intended and seemed ok.....the problem is no one maintained the dam things and they let them get out of hand......and now many of those policies are out of control and NO ONE wants to say it either has to end or be scaled way back.....because if you touch anything that affects Mexicans out here your called a Racist by their Activist......its easier just to cut the money to the elderly,the incontinent and handicapped.....they complained but Democrats only care about them when its election time......

Once again, the consequence of the state’s lawmakers abdicating their legislative authority to set taxing policy to the voters.

That..and the "Three Strikes" law..has made a fiscal mess in California.

The prison population has exploded..and it ain't cheap.

Well that and the ILLEGAL immigrant population that considers California a safe haven.

you bet.....when 2 of its largest cities are "sanctuary" cities what else would they think....

see what happens when you let republicans run the country.

Tax revenues disappear along with any stability in the economy to produce more revenue.

They seem to forget that ARNIE presided over the building of this mess.

he did not you dumbass it started before Arnie.....Wilson left the State with a 13 billion dollar surplus for Davis.....then the shit started happening.....Arnie just was totally ineffective as will Brown be....

California no longer has the crops it once had. An environmental activist judge shut off the water to the fields years ago.

California does not want to deport illegals because the illegals are killing Americans. To this state, the more mexicans, the fewer Americans, the better off the state is.

do you even know what the fuck your talking about?....

California no longer has the crops it once had. An environmental activist judge shut off the water to the fields years ago.

California does not want to deport illegals because the illegals are killing Americans. To this state, the more mexicans, the fewer Americans, the better off the state is.

You are correct. I visit there. When you go into the grocery stores all the produce says "Product of Mexico."

Willow it has said that as long as i have lived here.....many of it is from California and Australia also....

The "writers" are Stanford Professor of Economics Roger Noll and Bruce E. Cain, Heller Professor of Political Science and Director of the UC, Washington Center. I trust their assessment over yours, I dare say.

We are a representative government for a reason. You need an example, just look at California and its initiative process.

My office, in the last week, has received a half dozen petitions on everything from human trafficking to green jobs. It's ludicrous. That alone is costing CA taxpayers. These must all be counted, re counted and then signature checked. And still we pay our state legislators to "legislate"?

thats why it has been suggested that they become part time....

it was your opening slavo in the Tax wars.

It fucked california out of being able to adjust revenue to its needs.

Californias problems came straight from the right.

Immigration didnt do this to Cali.

things like three strikes laws and idiot tax law like prop 13 did this

oh christ.....no it had nothing to do with it.....geezus you are one dumbass....

So you claim residential taxes have nothing to do with tax revenue?

your a fucking clown.

No wonder you want the post office private so you have no job

Just what do you propose that California does about it's illegal population? The overwhelming majority of the associated costs are things California has NO control over. We are required to educate them and treat them in hospitals. What's your solution?

11% of California's prison population is comprised of illegal aliens, costing us $970 million a year. The Fed only gives us $111 million of that.

Illegal immigrants are a factor in the budget gap math

So what to do? Pass horrible anti-immigration laws (that get challenged in court, costing us even more money) and end up with crops rotting on the vine like Alabama?

How about you make the Federal Government, you know the one stopping Arizona from enforcing those laws, do something?? Why is Obama giving illegal immigrants back door amnesty?? I'll tell you why, they want them to vote, to vote for the Dems so they can keep them on the government dole. Give them free housing, free health care, free education why should they leave?? Require proof of citizenship to receive benefits and the problem is solved.

Illegal immigrants can't vote so your whole premise is false. We are required, by law, to provide education. Check into it...there are court rulings and everything. We are required, by law, to treat anyone that comes into an American hospital...there are court rulings and everything.

Deportations are up under President Obama, to record levels. Top that off with the fact that deportations of illegal criminals is up 70%.

The children being born to illegal immigrants are U.S. Citizens (there are court rulings) and entitled to the benefits.

Keep trying...maybe you'll come up with a viable solution.

maybe elsewhere....i dont know about here....i haven't read or heard of any ....

see what happens when you let republicans run the country.

Tax revenues disappear along with any stability in the economy to produce more revenue.

They seem to forget that ARNIE presided over the building of this mess.

Arnie was no republican sweet cheeks. Remember he was married to a Kennedy.

why did Orrin Hatch submit the Arnold Bill to try and get it so that Arnie would beome president then?

Badly flawed judgement of the republicans yet again?

Prop 13 is killing the state.

It was the republican baby at the time.

your so fucking full of shit im started smell you were i am at....why dont you leave the history of this State to people that have been here the whole time this shit has been going on.....not to some part timers like yourself....

Forum List

Back