California expected to have heavy rain, residents are urged to prepare 2 weeks of essentials ahead

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Officials in California are imploring residents to prepare for a powerful storm set to lash the region with torrential rain later this week as the state continues to recover from colossal amounts of snow that trapped mountain communities.

About 16 million people across central and Northern California, including the San Francisco Bay Area and Sacramento, were under flood watches Wednesday ahead of a storm set to drench the region Thursday with dangerous amounts of rain in most of the places that currently have existing layers of heavy snow from previous brutal storms.

“The combination of heavy rain and snowmelt may lead to flooding,” the Weather Prediction Center said. “Creeks and streams in the western foothills of the Sierra Nevada will be most vulnerable to flooding from rain and snowmelt.”

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/08/weather/california-atmospheric-river-flood-wednesday/index.html

LOL....If it's not on fire, flooding or mud-sliding, it's not real CA.

Gavin Newsom approved this message (from mexico). ;)

26ga5f.jpg

I could have sworn God was going to destroy them with fire and earthquakes instead.

Who knew?

I guess the drought that California has been whining about in recent years is over? Is this due to Biden's pro-environmental policies?

The smell of pineapples on the wind ... let's see if Sacramento goes under this time ... it's been a couple hundred years ... they're WAY over due ...

I recall a day I drove a motorcycle from Sacramento, where it was in the low 90s to Stinson Beach, just north of the GG Bridge and roughly 100 miles away, where the temperature was in the low 50s.

I recall a day I drove a motorcycle from Sacramento, where it was in the low 90s to Stinson Beach, just north of the GG Bridge and roughly 100 miles away, where the temperature was in the low 50s.

It was in Florence, Oregon ... on the beach it was close to 75ºF ... dead calm wind ... sunny skies ... best weather ever there ...

It looked like an innocent little tiny cloud bank rolling in ... 40 mph winds, temps dropped to 45ºF ... with a wind chill of -59,634ºF ... changed literally in 10 seconds ... a cold front ... who knew? ...

It was in Florence, Oregon ... on the beach it was close to 75ºF ... dead calm wind ... sunny skies ... best weather ever there ...

It looked like an innocent little tiny cloud bank rolling in ... 40 mph winds, temps dropped to 45ºF ... with a wind chill of -59,634ºF ... changed literally in 10 seconds ... a cold front ... who knew? ...
That's severely cold. Any frostbite symptoms?

That's severely cold. Any frostbite symptoms?

No ... we moved the 100 yards are so into the dunes and out of the wind ... though it was still too cold to hang out, so we took our chances with the plasma state in the inland valleys ...

This was back when weather got really extreme ... you kids today don't know nothin' about extreme weather ...

Fuck California, Hope it is buried in snow and rain, the place is a cesspool. And all you :ahole-1: S from California stay in California we do need your stupid-ass liberal bullshit coming to destroy another state.:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Officials in California are imploring residents to prepare for a powerful storm set to lash the region with torrential rain later this week as the state continues to recover from colossal amounts of snow that trapped mountain communities.

About 16 million people across central and Northern California, including the San Francisco Bay Area and Sacramento, were under flood watches Wednesday ahead of a storm set to drench the region Thursday with dangerous amounts of rain in most of the places that currently have existing layers of heavy snow from previous brutal storms.

“The combination of heavy rain and snowmelt may lead to flooding,” the Weather Prediction Center said. “Creeks and streams in the western foothills of the Sierra Nevada will be most vulnerable to flooding from rain and snowmelt.”

Some California residents are urged to prepare 2 weeks of essentials ahead of expected flooding

LOL....If it's not on fire, flooding or mud-sliding, it's not real CA.

Gavin Newsom approved this message (from mexico). ;)
Atmospheric Rivers! Cyclones Bombs! Snow a thing of the past! Oh my!

Forum List

Back