California Dreamin' Over? Record Number of Residents Moving

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
LOS ANGELES — With a house purchase near Denver in the works, the 38-year-old engineering contractor plans to move his family 1,200 miles away from his home state's lemon groves, sunshine and beaches. For him, years of rising taxes, dead-end schools, unchecked illegal immigration and clogged traffic have robbed the Golden State of its allure.

Is there something left of the California dream?

"If you are a Hollywood actor," Reilly says, "but not for us."

FOXNews.com - California Dreamin' Over? Record Number of Residents Moving - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

England is losing massive numbers of it's citizens too. Too many muslims have been let in and are taking over and are driving out the English citizens.

Our city has had a massive influx of immigrants but there's no where for us to go. When my husband was unemployed for 3 years, we looked into emigrating, no other country would have us, either because we were too old, not educated enough, or had two special needs kids.

Where do Americans go when the immigrants have wrecked our country?

England is losing massive numbers of it's citizens too. Too many muslims have been let in and are taking over and are driving out the English citizens.

Our city has had a massive influx of immigrants but there's no where for us to go. When my husband was unemployed for 3 years, we looked into emigrating, no other country would have us, either because we were too old, not educated enough, or had two special needs kids.

The search for sunshine is probably a bigger reason for Brits to leave the homeland rather than too many muslims, though they do piss me off.

You can fix it. Just do what our county and now our state has done. Spend the money to get your police ICE trained. Then, on every police stop of an individual, have their immigration status checked. Detain the ones that are illegal until ICE can deport them.

It has an Oh so chilling effect on the illegal population. Meaning they scatter like roaches when the lights are turned on. We now have our county back. :clap2:

You can fix it. Just do what our county and now our state has done. Spend the money to get your police ICE trained. Then, on every police stop of an individual, have their immigration status checked. Detain the ones that are illegal until ICE can deport them.

It has an Oh so chilling effect on the illegal population. Meaning they scatter like roaches when the lights are turned on. We now have our county back. :clap2:
I like the term "roaches." I really do.

We let illegals appeal against deportation until they die in their free housing of obesity, due to stuffing themselves full of food and drink bought by the money the state hands out to them for free.:evil:

We are a country built on immigration.

Its not the immigrants who have "ruined" it , its the people who refused to make the kind of laws and inforce them that would have fixed the problems.

Its not the immigrants who have "ruined" it , its the people who refused to make the kind of laws and inforce them that would have fixed the problems.

Legal immigrants are fine. I have no problem with them. If they are illegal, then we need to enforce the law. I prefer that the people charged with enforcing that law do it, but if not, then I will (and have) pay extra to have local law enforcement do the job.

Then blame the Bush admin for ignoring the problem for years.

They should have cracked down on business owners for employing them.

No money or job and they would not have kept coming.

Now that the jobs are gone they are going home.

that's cute isnnit? If I went to school in Caleeeeefornia I'd have to pay out of state tuition,, and illegal from wherever can walk in and get in state tuition and free medical care.. go figure.

It breeds contempt and then they call it racism.

We are not a country built on illegal, easy Mexican immigration that only destroys and divides the country.

Then blame the Bush admin for ignoring the problem for years.

They should have cracked down on business owners for employing them.

No money or job and they would not have kept coming.

Now that the jobs are gone they are going home.

I think I just did, if you read between the lines. I said I would prefer for the people who are supposed to enforce the law to do it.

Forum List

Back