Calif Leftards Even Destroy the Pot Market

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Everything they touch....

One year of legal pot sales and California doesn’t have the bustling industry it expected. Here’s why.

As the first year of licensed sales comes to a close, California’s legal market hasn’t performed as state officials and the cannabis industry had hoped. Retailers and growers say they’ve been stunted by complex regulations, high taxes and decisions by most cities to ban cannabis shops. At the same time, many residents are going to city halls and courts to fight pot businesses they see as nuisances, and police chiefs are raising concerns about crime triggered by the marijuana trade.

Gov.-elect Gavin Newsom, who played a large role in the legalization of cannabis, will inherit the numerous challenges when he takes office in January as legislators hope to send him a raft of bills next year to provide banking for the pot industry, ease the tax burden on retailers and crack down on sales to minors.

“The cannabis industry is being choked by California’s penchant for over-regulation,” said Dale Gieringer, director of California NORML, a pro-legalization group. “It’s impossible to solve all of the problems without a drastic rewrite of the law, which is not in the cards for the foreseeable future.”

After voters legalized marijuana two years ago under Proposition 64, state officials estimated in there would be as many as 6,000 cannabis shops licensed in the first few years. But the state Bureau of Cannabis Control has issued just 547 temporary and annual licenses to marijuana retail stores and dispensaries.

I can’t help but
4E43FF8D-903F-4E75-AD13-DE5D0B0D411E.gif

On top of all the rules and regulations the friendly cartel pot distributor stands ready to take your order. Exactly as we said it would be.

DvRVumeW0AIrEgW.jpg

Conservatard - a term used by the entire world to describe Conservatives.

Because Californian liberalfilth are so much more brain-addled than the rest of the world's liberalfilth, they accidentally fuck up things they actually believe in. There does not exist an American state which injects more junk than mine. I smoke tampon-looking fat joints of pot ALL THE TIME and you can be assured that on my "stonedest" day I'm smarter than Californian liberalfilth will EVER be even if they live enough billions of years to see the sun's red giant stage. Living in CA for nearly 46 years, needless to say, my opinion of the liberalfilth here is probably better imagined than described.

One year of legal pot sales and California doesn’t have the bustling industry it expected. Here’s why.

As the first year of licensed sales comes to a close, California’s legal market hasn’t performed as state officials and the cannabis industry had hoped. Retailers and growers say they’ve been stunted by complex regulations, high taxes and decisions by most cities to ban cannabis shops. At the same time, many residents are going to city halls and courts to fight pot businesses they see as nuisances, and police chiefs are raising concerns about crime triggered by the marijuana trade.

Gov.-elect Gavin Newsom, who played a large role in the legalization of cannabis, will inherit the numerous challenges when he takes office in January as legislators hope to send him a raft of bills next year to provide banking for the pot industry, ease the tax burden on retailers and crack down on sales to minors.

“The cannabis industry is being choked by California’s penchant for over-regulation,” said Dale Gieringer, director of California NORML, a pro-legalization group. “It’s impossible to solve all of the problems without a drastic rewrite of the law, which is not in the cards for the foreseeable future.”

After voters legalized marijuana two years ago under Proposition 64, state officials estimated in there would be as many as 6,000 cannabis shops licensed in the first few years. But the state Bureau of Cannabis Control has issued just 547 temporary and annual licenses to marijuana retail stores and dispensaries.

Keeps people coming to NEVADA!!!!!!!

Thank You California!

Selling pot should be like selling booze. The problem is the federal government still bans pot, and so pot businesses can't even accept debit cards. They have to be strictly cash only. If they had a bank account and accepted credit and debit cards, the federal government can seize their assets.

So they have to do work-arounds.

That is one of the "nuisance regulations" in the way of operating normally.

On top of all the rules and regulations the friendly cartel pot distributor stands ready to take your order. Exactly as we said it would be.
We predicted this years ago. The Mexican drug lords can undercut pricing for years. They can give it away in Calif for decades.

Since a legal joint costs .65 cents, how much would the "drug lords undercut pricing?"

Selling pot should be like selling booze. The problem is the federal government still bans pot, and so pot businesses can't even accept debit cards. They have to be strictly cash only. If they had a bank account and accepted credit and debit cards, the federal government can seize their assets.

Intrastate Credit Unions CAN accept cannabis deposits as they are regulated by States, not the feds.

Intrastate Credit Unions CAN accept cannabis deposits as they are regulated by States, not the feds.
The pot stores where I live can only take cash.

Do Intrastate CUs issued Visa cards?

Visa is interstate, thus federal interstate commerce blah blah blah.

I have something to say.

Uh, I forgot what it was.

Gawd, I'm hungry.

Yep, just add the taxes and overhead up the price goes up and up. Just the way it goes.

Because Californian liberalfilth are so much more brain-addled than the rest of the world's liberalfilth, they accidentally fuck up things they actually believe in. There does not exist an American state which injects more junk than mine. I smoke tampon-looking fat joints of pot ALL THE TIME and you can be assured that on my "stonedest" day I'm smarter than Californian liberalfilth will EVER be even if they live enough billions of years to see the sun's red giant stage. Living in CA for nearly 46 years, needless to say, my opinion of the liberalfilth here is probably better imagined than described.
I agree you have blown out your mind and they have not brain cell left. You must have smoked a good grade. They have a problem id just what they smoked for sure.

The pot stores where I live can only take cash.

Do Intrastate CUs issued Visa cards?

Visa is interstate, thus federal interstate commerce blah blah blah.

The issue I was addressing was where cannabis companies can put their monies. That would be intrastate credit unions.

Visa is a separate company from banks since 2012.

Forum List

Back