Calif. gov. OKs bill on illegal immigrant licenses

Nova78

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2011
Colorado
Calif. gov. OKs bill on illegal immigrant licenses | US National Headlines | Comcast

Cedillo said his bill will make roads safer while letting young immigrants drive to school and to work. His reasoning drew support from several Republican lawmakers, while other Republicans argued the state should leave immigration issues to the federal government.

"It is a victory for those who were brought here through no choice of their own, played by the rules, and are only asking to be included in and contribute to American society," Cedillo said in a statement.

He said California is the first state to grant drivers' licenses to the group singled out under the Obama administration's policy. Cedillo praised Brown for choosing "public safety over politics" by signing the bill.

" Make the roads safer "----- $3562723908.gif

$obama-sombrerofest.jpg

Well I suppose they'll be able to vote too

How wonderful for you LEGAL California citizens, but you put these people in as your Guberment

Only idiots think that giving Illegal Aliens a drivers license will suddenly stop them from drunk driving or obey any other law.

The Drivers License is the key to getting all sorts of free gov't shit at taxpayer expense. That's what it's all about.

Few of those driving without licenses today will get licenses tomorrow. Why should they? There is no benefit to getting a license.

If someone is stopped for drunk driving and has a license, the car will be impounded. If they do not have a license, the car will not be impounded. The drunk will be able to call someone to drive the car home. The drunk will dutifully take the DUI ticket and not show up. It's not like they have to worry about their license being revoked.

A Drivers License verifys that you have met basic qualifications to operate a motor vehicle. That should have nothing to do with your immigration status

People here illegally should be deported immediately. Then driver's licenses would have nothing to do with immigration status.

The Congress has not passed comprehensive immigration legislation. Why not?

As pointed out, operators of motor vehicles need to know the rules of he road, have sufficient vision to operate a vehicle safely and provide proof of their identity. Issuing everyone who lives in this state a Ca. Driver's License (or ID card) makes sense; doing so does not open the door for citizenship as some of the dumber people on this thread have suggested.

why do they hate these people who are doing nothing but living in the fuckedup immigration system our country has.

I jsut dont understand some Americans.

Give us your poor, your huddled masses longing to be free

why do they hate these people who are doing nothing but living in the fuckedup immigration system our country has.

ILLEGAL

What part of that do you dumbshit leftists not understand????????????????

If conservatives say "what part of illegal don't you understand"? The liberals say "What part of no-borders don't you understand.

ILLEGAL

And they would still be illegal after receiving their drivers license

I would rather an illegal driver have passed a driving test, vision test and be insured than the same ILLEGAL driving around without it

A Drivers License verifys that you have met basic qualifications to operate a motor vehicle. That should have nothing to do with your immigration status
Are you just PLAYING stupid? Were you born YESTERDAY? Illegal Aliens have Lawyers that advise them how to get free services in Spanish at Taxpayer expense. Don't act you don't know how criminals operate.

California Voter Registration Site:
https://rtv.sos.ca.gov/elections/register-to-vote/

Register to vote using your California Drivers License.

Remind me again WHO is against using a Birth Certificate to get a Drivers License and Registering to Vote?

You f*ckin' Liberals that's who.

Are you just PLAYING stupid? Were you born YESTERDAY? Illegal Aliens have Lawyers that advise them how to get free services in Spanish at Taxpayer expense. Don't act you don't know how criminals operate.

Remind me again WHO is against using a Birth Certificate to get a Drivers License and Registering to Vote?

Which has nothing to do with driving a car

Denying an illegal a drivers license will not make him give up and go home. Giving him one will ensure he is qualified to drive

ILLEGAL

I would rather an illegal driver have passed a driving test, vision test and be insured than the same ILLEGAL driving around without it

I would rather an illegal be booted back to their homeland than given a drivers license and remain in this country illegally.

And therein lies the difference between righties and lefties.

Last edited:
ILLEGAL

I would rather an illegal be booted back to their homeland than given a drivers license and remain in this country illegally.

And a drivers license will not make any difference in booting that person out

And a drivers license will not make any difference in booting that person out

When the illegal goes to get their dl and dmv sees they are illegal, they call the authorities and the illegal gets the boot.

Seems pretty straightforward.

Which has nothing to do with driving a car

Denying an illegal a drivers license will not make him give up and go home. Giving him one will ensure he is qualified to drive

It's almost like you believe they will get driver's licenses or stop driving if that license is suspended.

Forum List

Back