Cairo embassy attack days in the making, and had nothing to do with Terry Jones

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
or the creator of that film:

"The protest was planned by Salafists well before news circulated of an [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmodVun16Q4"]objectionable video ridiculing Islam's prophet, Mohammed[/ame], said Eric Trager, an expert at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy.
The protest outside the U.S. Embassy in Cairo was announced Aug. 30 by Jamaa Islamiya, a State Department-designated terrorist group, to protest the ongoing imprisonment of its spiritual leader, Sheikh Omar abdel Rahman. He is serving a life sentence in the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center.
When the video started circulating, Nader Bakkar, the spokesman for the Egyptian Salafist Noor party, which holds about 25% of the seats in parliament, called on people to go to the embassy. He also called on non-Islamist soccer hooligans, known as Ultras, to join the protest.
On Monday, the brother of al-Qaeda leader Ayman al Zawahiri, Mohamed al Zawahiri, tweeted that people should go to the embassy and "defend the prophet," Trager said.
Zawahiri justified al-Qaeda's 9/11 attacks in an interview with Al Jazeera last month."

So, the protest was scheduled and planned 10 days prior, and had zero, nada, nothing to do with insults, but rather with the IMPRISONMENT of a terrorist.

Deadly embassy attacks were days in the making

Last edited:
Or they planned a protest, and then they heard about this film, and got really upset...

But it's okay, I know you guys would be just as understanding if someone made a movie about Jesus portraying him as pedophile.

Yeah, that's it.

They planned a protest on 09/11.

And then they used everything they could to fan the flames.

What I don't understand...why didn't you hop a plane and get your ass over there for the fun? I'm sure you got the memo.

Or they planned a protest, and then they heard about this film, and got really upset...

But it's okay, I know you guys would be just as understanding if someone made a movie about Jesus portraying him as pedophile.

Really? When was the last time we tried to kill someone for that? Christ is attacked all the time. We dont murder people over it.

Or even for lil ole Joseph Smith. You libel him all the time. I dont have any desire to invade your home, burn it to the ground and kill you. Instead, Im praying for you.

Maybe it's not at all comparable to this.

It doesn't matter.

Our admin tried to pretend that freedom of speech "caused" violence which was planned far in advance of the occurrence....and which was scheduled to take place on 911 before the terry jones thing even made the news:

"
The attack apparently occurred because in recent days, the al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri posted a video online calling on Libyans to avenge the killing of al-Qaeda's second in command, Abu Yahya al-Libi."

What jihadists want you to believe about Libya - CNN.com

It doesn't matter.

Our admin tried to pretend that freedom of speech "caused" violence which was planned far in advance of the occurrence....and which was scheduled to take place on 911 before the terry jones thing even made the news:

"
The attack apparently occurred because in recent days, the al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri posted a video online calling on Libyans to avenge the killing of al-Qaeda's second in command, Abu Yahya al-Libi."

"Our admin"?

Who in "our admin" tried to " pretend that freedom of speech caused violence"?

Have the embassy staff suddenly become part of the Obama administration?

Personally, I say fuck those asshole protestors.

They're acting like a bunch of children.

Obama should add a couple of machine-gun nests to the roof of each embassy in addition to all the marines he's sending there for extra security.

Next time those assholes come over the wall, invading sovereign US territory, they can see what it's like to be on the business end of an M60 or an M240.

Really? When was the last time we tried to kill someone for that? Christ is attacked all the time. We dont murder people over it.

Or even for lil ole Joseph Smith. You libel him all the time. I dont have any desire to invade your home, burn it to the ground and kill you. Instead, Im praying for you.

The only reason why you mutants know that would be a bad idea is because there will be severe consequences. ON the flip side, I wouldn't move to SLC and open my "Mormons Suck" store.

Incidently, I don't libel Joseph Smith. Everything I point out about that guy is documented history.

Just because you want to lock him in the attic like a crazy uncle isn't my problem.

I do recall a while back, they produced a film called "September Dawn", which was a recollection of the Mountain Meadows Massacre. While badly acted and written, there were all sorts of protests by LDS when it came out.

I think this was work done by the the Iranian intelligence services sending Obama a message of what to expect after an attack on their nuke facilities.

Joe just has issues with reality.

It was a widespread, concerted attack of militant Islam on the US on the anniversary of their greatest victory, 911.

And the first impulse of our admin, from the embassy, to obama, to the state department, was to blame Americans for "abuse" of freedom of speech, ie, criticism of Islam.

Joe just has issues with reality.

I'll ask the question again.... if a movie was made that portrayed Jesus as a pedophile, are you honestly going to claim that a lot of people wouldn't be very upset about it and few of them wouldn't go too far?

What happened in Libya was a horrible thing... (Of course, made worse by the fact everyone has heavy weaponry! The NRA must be proud.)

But this film was designed to get exactly this kind of response.

Wanna provide evidence that with all the past movies and "art" denigrating Jesus, God and the Christian faith that we have rioted, murdered or attacked foreign diplomats? Ya didn't think so.

It doesn't matter.

"

"Our admin"?

Who in "our admin" tried to " pretend that freedom of speech caused violence"?

Have the embassy staff suddenly become part of the Obama administration?

Did you NOT read Obama and Clinton's statements? Both attacked the film and its makers.

And the first impulse of our admin, from the embassy, to obama, to the state department, was to blame Americans for "abuse" of freedom of speech, ie, criticism of Islam.

Well, yeah, I guess they were psychics because they issued that statement condemning the movie six hours before the embassy was attacked.

I think there is a difference between "criticizing" a religion and slandering it with unfunny parody.

Forum List

Back