Cafeteria Style Constitutionalists Backing Trump Hating on the Constitution

It's par for the course with the cult.

Worship parts of the constitution

and propose

an executive order can eliminate other parts of the constitution

but they may be on to something. Can't wait to see another prez use an executive order to eliminate the 1st or 2nd amendments. after all they came in later

In what way is this a current event, hmm?

That the constitution does not grant rights is self evident. Your confused language does not make it clear you understand that fact. Your reply is nothing more than confused and purposefully confusing hokum. The constitution limits what government is allowed to do if you do not understand that we have nothing more to talk about. As for the ninth amendment, like justices of the Supreme Court I find the ninth vague. As chief justice Burger said "But if there is a claim of a fundamental right which cannot reasonably be derived from one of the provisions of the Bill of Rights, even with the Ninth Amendment, how is the Court to determine, first, that it is fundamental, and second, that it is protected from abridgment?
Unless you are more specific this conversation is nothing more than a sophomoric waste of time.
So you agree, parts of the US Constitution are vague? We are making progress

Again,

I never claimed the Constitution grants rights. Why you keep going down that road is nonsensical.

I did not say rights are 'granted' by the constitution, did I?

At this point you may not any idea what I am saying, because I do not fit your stereotype or caricature.

"The Bill of Rights lists what government is forbidden to interfere with." you wrote. The quote below, what is the Bill of Rights saying the gov cannot interfere with? I did not ask what one CJ, Burger once stated

Love this quote: The Ninth Amendment states, “The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.” This means that the rights citizens are not limited by those listed in the Constitution. -- What do you Freiheit think about it?

Is my argument the constitution is -- I make no argument about what it is and isn't. How could, when we haven't even made it clear you know what you are talking about? Go back and follow the timeline of our exchange

... this conversation is nothing more than a sophomoric waste of time.

I was curious as to whom you were directing your comments, thus I clicked on "show ignored content". Let me help you. Yes, you are wasting your time.
Please, try not to be a troll here. BE respectful
Respect, my friend, is earned and you have earned nothing more than contempt.
This is a sophomoric waste of time and I am through with it.

I oppose Trump's use of an EO to circumvent the constitution. I like Trump, but this is a colossally stupid mistake that has ZERO chance to succeed.

Now, what about that "cult"?
It is the current application of the admendment that is unconstitutional. Send this to the Supreme Court. I think we will win with Kavanaugh's vote.

What is being misapplied?

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.
Original intent. Do you think if Vladimir Putin's pregnant wife dropped a baby in NYC that kid could grow up and qualify for President? It was written for the freed slaves that the Democrats wanted to prevent them citenship. Conservative judges like our recent Supremes are big fans of original intent.
Out of curiosity what makes you a citizen?

I was curious as to whom you were directing your comments, thus I clicked on "show ignored content". Let me help you. Yes, you are wasting your time.
Oh please. That is a bunch of crap. The thread asks about "
Cafeteria Style Constitutionalists Backing Trump Hating on the Constitution " and you fail to deliver

Oh please. That is a bunch of crap. The thread asks about "
Cafeteria Style Constitutionalists Backing Trump Hating on the Constitution " and you fail to deliver
Ignorance and willful lack of understanding shine through your contemptuous blather.

Ignorance and willful lack of understanding shine through your contemptuous blather.
Why can't you let your hair down and play by the rules?

The thread asks about "
Cafeteria Style Constitutionalists Backing Trump Hating on the Constitution " and I see no reason that should upset you so much

The thread asks about "
Cafeteria Style Constitutionalists Backing Trump Hating on the Constitution " and I see no reason that should upset you so much

The thread asks about "
I am only upset by my participation in a sophomoric, bigoted thread. This thread like so many is a sophomoric waste of time. Enough said and time wasted.

Forum List

Back