Cadet Charged With Rape OKs Plea Deal

5stringJeff

Sep 15, 2003
Puyallup, WA
I can't believe this cadet is still allowed to stay at the Academy. Whatever happened to the concept of HONOR?!? :mad:

----------------------
Cadet Charged With Rape OKs Plea Deal
By ROBERT WELLER, Associated Press Writer

AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colo. - The only cadet to face a court-martial following last year's rape scandal pleaded guilty Tuesday to reduced charges.

Douglas L. Meester of Marco Island, Fla., was accused of assaulting a fellow cadet in October 2002 during a night of heavy drinking in a dorm room. He was originally charged with rape, sodomy, indecent assault and providing alcohol to minors.

Those charges were dropped and, in exchange, Meester pleaded guilty to conduct unbecoming an officer, indecent acts and dereliction of duty.

Meester, who had faced a life sentence, received a reprimand and was fined $2,000.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...ap/20040608/ap_on_re_us/academy_investigation

Only in a man's world.
She's forced to leave the Academy and he may return...

Colorado and rape seems synonomous these days. What the fuck?

C.U., this, Kobe... and it seems all the guys are "getting off."

Might have to pick a new state to do my winter skiing in

Originally posted by gop_jeff
I can't believe this cadet is still allowed to stay at the Academy. Whatever happened to the concept of HONOR?!? :mad:

really jeff, should we expect anything different from a military system of justice that thinks a bad conduct discharge is adequate for killing a prisoner of war? scuse me, a DETAINEE. :rolleyes:

Maybe he was innocent?

Could be the bitch got drunk, screwed the guy two ways till tuesday, then regretted it, so started screaming 'rape'.

(shrug)

Originally posted by -=d=-
Maybe he was innocent?

Could be the bitch got drunk, screwed the guy two ways till tuesday, then regretted it, so started screaming 'rape'.

(shrug)

Did you really just say that?

Originally posted by nycflasher
Did you really just say that?

No - I typed it. I Kobe a rapist? It's more likely than not it's simply a case of a weak-minded woman changing her mind after the fact for whatever reason; 'could' be the same thing here.

From everything I've read of the case (not legal papers, but sevearl media stories) the guy, who was a junior at the time at USAFA, got a female plebe (freshman) drunk in his room, and they had sex. For those who did not attend a military school, plebes are required to address all upperclassmen as Sir and Ma'am, and are forbidden to socialize with them. Moreover, alcohol in the barracks (dorms) is forbidden. So this guy is having sex (possibly non-consensual) with a subordinate in his room while getting her drunk. Talk about a shitbag (pardon the language).
While at West Point, a very similar event happened: during my junior year, two classmates of mine (both males) had two sophomore girls in their rooms, engaged in consensual sex while drinking. Both men were expelled; both women were turned back to the next class (i.e. had to repeat sophomore year). And the Air Force Academy just tells the guy not to do it again?!?!? :(

DK, I agree with you, the punishment in that case - as in this - was way too lenient. People need to understand that there are consequences for inexcusably bad behavior.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
From everything I've read of the case (not legal papers, but sevearl media stories) the guy, who was a junior at the time at USAFA, got a female plebe (freshman) drunk in his room, and they had sex. For those who did not attend a military school, plebes are required to address all upperclassmen as Sir and Ma'am, and are forbidden to socialize with them. Moreover, alcohol in the barracks (dorms) is forbidden. So this guy is having sex (possibly non-consensual) with a subordinate in his room while getting her drunk. Talk about a shitbag (pardon the language).
While at West Point, a very similar event happened: during my junior year, two classmates of mine (both males) had two sophomore girls in their rooms, engaged in consensual sex while drinking. Both men were expelled; both women were turned back to the next class (i.e. had to repeat sophomore year). And the Air Force Academy just tells the guy not to do it again?!?!? :(

DK, I agree with you, the punishment in that case - as in this - was way too lenient. People need to understand that there are consequences for inexcusably bad behavior.

I wouldn't argue his actions aren't violations of policy - I'm arguing that he's likely a 'bad conduct' case, not a 'rapist'.

Forum List

Back