CA votes no to raising taxes

Here are the official results

State Ballot Measures
100.0% ( 17,393 of 17,393 ) precincts
partially or fully reporting as of May 20, 2009, at 11:45 a.m.
Visit our County Reporting Status page to determine if a county has submitted a final report or returns.

Statewide Results

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

County: -- Select -- Statewide Alameda Alpine Amador Butte Calaveras Colusa Contra Costa Del Norte El Dorado Fresno Glenn Humboldt Imperial Inyo Kern Kings Lake Lassen Los Angeles Madera Marin Mariposa Mendocino Merced Modoc Mono Monterey Napa Nevada Orange Placer Plumas Riverside Sacramento San Benito San Bernardino San Diego San Francisco San Joaquin San Luis Obispo San Mateo Santa Barbara Santa Clara Santa Cruz Shasta Sierra Siskiyou Solano Sonoma Stanislaus Sutter Tehama Trinity Tulare Toulumne Ventura Yolo Yuba

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Proposition Title Yes
Votes % No

Votes % yes no
N 1A "Rainy Day" Budget Stabilization Fund 1,327,400 34.1% 2,555,519 65.9%
N 1B Education Funding. Payment Plan. 1,452,535 37.4% 2,421,906 62.6%
N 1C Lottery Modernization Act 1,368,222 35.4% 2,493,770 64.6%
N 1D Children's Services Funding 1,324,252 34.2% 2,536,657 65.8%
N 1E Mental Health Funding 1,292,437 33.6% 2,549,361 66.4%
Y 1F Elected Officials Salaries 2,859,122 73.9% 1,010,457 26.1%

http://www.vote.sos.ca.gov/returns/props/59.htm

Has the biggest spending STATE in the union gone CONSERVATIVE? It appears so.

Damn, Californians like their politicians too much.

Here are the official results

State Ballot Measures
Visit our County Reporting Status page to determine if a county has submitted a final report or returns.

Statewide Results

County: -- Select -- Statewide Alameda Alpine Amador Butte Calaveras Colusa Contra Costa Del Norte El Dorado Fresno Glenn Humboldt Imperial Inyo Kern Kings Lake Lassen Los Angeles Madera Marin Mariposa Mendocino Merced Modoc Mono Monterey Napa Nevada Orange Placer Plumas Riverside Sacramento San Benito San Bernardino San Diego San Francisco San Joaquin San Luis Obispo San Mateo Santa Barbara Santa Clara Santa Cruz Shasta Sierra Siskiyou Solano Sonoma Stanislaus Sutter Tehama Trinity Tulare Toulumne Ventura Yolo Yuba

Proposition Title Yes
Votes % No

Votes % yes no

They voted AGAINST giving their politicians any raises--with a YES vote.

State Ballot Measures

Statewide Results

Proposition Title Yes
Votes % No

Votes % yes no

They voted AGAINST giving their politicians any raises--with a YES vote.

Ooops, sorry, reading comprehension glitch. Well, that's a good thing.

california will be the next bailout.
and who will bailout the nation as a whole?

im just basing on that things i have watched today. they are expected to the government ot basically secure all of the california's debt. we will see if that happens. also china will buy our debt for a while longer and japan as well, but the question is how much will china do it. that's the big question.

california will be the next bailout.
and who will bailout the nation as a whole?

im just basing on that things i have watched today. they are expected to the government ot basically secure all of the california's debt. we will see if that happens. also china will buy our debt for a while longer and japan as well, but the question is how much will china do it. that's the big question.
any debt bought, will need to be paid off
that is not a bailout

Lets just get rid of California and forget about it. I wonder how much it would cost to rent this machine to do the job? :lol:

Trencher2.jpg

thats fine.....Californians have wanted for years to be their own country....we are tired of carrying the rest of youse guys.....:lol:

Dearest Harry Dresden.. It is not we you carry,, tis Mexico!

Dearest Willow....can you please tell the jerks in Sacramento that....they wont listen to me....im supposed to want to take care of all these people....its the right thing to do....at any cost apparently.....

thats fine.....Californians have wanted for years to be their own country....we are tired of carrying the rest of youse guys.....:lol:

Dearest Harry Dresden.. It is not we you carry,, tis Mexico!

Dearest Willow....can you please tell the jerks in Sacramento that....they wont listen to me....im supposed to want to take care of all these people....its the right thing to do....at any cost apparently.....

Dearest Harry Dresden.. I will try,, but you know they will call us both racists and bigots..

Yeah, that's fiscally conservative. $21 Billion dollar bill coming due, but lets not pay it. :cuckoo:

Sound fiscal policies wouldn't have put them in the position. Seems the voters are starting to realize that. Time to cut spending, eh?

Tax Day Tea Party paid off in California didn't it?

Yeah, that's fiscally conservative. $21 Billion dollar bill coming due, but lets not pay it. :cuckoo:

Sound fiscal policies wouldn't have put them in the position. Seems the voters are starting to realize that. Time to cut spending, eh?

How about you provide a line by line of the CA state budget on what you'd propose to cut. I'm sure we could find some agreement, but I doubt it'll total $21B.

How about you provide a line by line of the CA state budget on what you'd propose to cut. I'm sure we could find some agreement, but I doubt it'll total $21B.

I'll get right on that for you.

Forum List

Back