CA meter maids paid nearly $100,000 a year

Yes, I chose public over private for the stability, but not because I thought MY performance would be lacking...

What the Hell ever. Everyone knows that anyone who serves 20 years in the military and retires is clearly a slacker who is entirely incompetent and could never hold any job where they were actually expected to accomplish anything.

Yes, I chose public over private for the stability, but not because I thought MY performance would be lacking...

What the Hell ever. Everyone knows that anyone who serves 20 years in the military and retires is clearly a slacker who is entirely incompetent and could never hold any job where they were actually expected to accomplish anything.

well that shows a hell of a lot of intellect on your part....

well that shows a hell of a lot of intellect on your part....

I think it shows a hell of a lot of sarcasm on Inthemiddle's part.

Born and raised in California and now work for county government...in a {gasp} union. I see it from the inside and the attacks on the union workers are pure bullshit.

I retired from the military and sought a local government job. I knew I could get a job making more money with a private company and in California it would be easy to find companies that offered generous partner benefits, but I chose local government. My reasons were twofold. I wanted a solid retirement plan and the job stability that government work provides, but my military time also taught me that I like to serve my community.

What I found when I got in that most people felt as I do, that it is service to community that is first and foremost. We get people in every now and then that just need a job...they don't last long.

I've been working in the same office for just over six years now. I've not seen a pay raise in that time, have had to take furlough days, have had to increase my cost share of benefits and have seen my workload almost double. When I started there six years ago, there were four people doing the same job I am. Now there is only one.

That affects (or is it effects?) services. You wanna know why there are dead people on voting rolls? That's why. You wanna know why you keep hitting that same fucking pot hole? That's why. You wanna know why it takes 20 more minutes to get a cop to come to your house? That's why.

It's not the union's fault that cities are going bankrupt. We had a recession and a housing bubble burst. Are the people responsible being asked to pay for it? No, the people who were promised benefits in exchange for low pay are being asked to pay for it.

Unbelievable.

In other words, you knew you would not be fired for incompetence in a government job.

Perhaps you should thank the guy for his public service.

Uh, I believe you've confused our hard working military with slacker Paul Ryan.

Isn't this exactly the sort of thing that planted Scott Walker firmly in Wisconsin?

No. But they might be ready to cruise the rest of the way through life and retire on someone else's dime.

No. But they might be ready to cruise the rest of the way through life and retire on someone else's dime.

That's the assumption YOU "might" make. It does't square with real-life experience though.

Yeah, that's EXACTLY the kind of person the military cultivates after 20 years of service. And exactly why the private sector zealously recruits veterans. Because they're likely to be lazy. :eusa_hand:

Uh, I believe you've confused our hard working military with slacker Paul Ryan.

why dont you prove what a slacker the guy is Dudly?....and you would pass out first minute of his workout program.....a Slacker does not have the drive to work out hard like this guy does everyday....once again more shit spewing out of your Ass....

How about just finding proof of this legendary $100K meter maid?

OR the person who makes that much putting labels on bottles.....

Seems as if Katz did that for you.

One huge part of the budget.....scroll to UNFUNDED liabilities to CalPers

so you say that someone in LA makes around a 100 k a year putting labels on bottles?.....i saw were it said some college kids make 9 bucks an hour doing that.....and i dont see any Unfunded liability part....

Nawwww, Harry wanted proof. I'm not going to waste my time reading a budget. How about you finding it yourself?

I'm not the one making the claim.

I think it's kind of silly that best argument is you find some exception that has gamed the system... and then complain about it like it was typical.

A public servant abusing overtime is probably no more common than a CEO who excercises eight figures in stock options after bankrupting the company.

Nawwww, Harry wanted proof. I'm not going to waste my time reading a budget. How about you finding it yourself?

I'm not the one making the claim.

I think it's kind of silly that best argument is you find some exception that has gamed the system... and then complain about it like it was typical.

A public servant abusing overtime is probably no more common than a CEO who excercises eight figures in stock options after bankrupting the company.

It is not the exception in Dem municipalities. It would be exceptional in the poor ones.

Forum List

Back