C-SPAN Challenges Congress to Open Health Care Talks to TV Coverage

I wish it was going to be telivised,

I also wish everyone had been as concerned whenthe Rs did all sorts of shit behind closed doors that we will not know about for 25 years.

Now all of the sudden the right is all up in arms we dont get to see the sausage made?

Got hipocracy?

I also wish everyone had been as concerned whenthe Rs did all sorts of shit behind closed doors that we will not know about for 25 years.

Now all of the sudden the right is all up in arms we dont get to see the sausage made?

Got hipocracy?

You got a link to Bush, like that I provided from Obama? You just ignore what your hopey and changey guy said.

Got hipocracy?
Good job showing that you're no different from the republicans, hack.

Got spell check?

Got hipocracy?
Good job showing that you're no different from the republicans, hack.

Got spell check?

spellcheck.jpg

What purpose does it serve?

Well, for one it would go a long way to fulfilling Pelosi's yet to be fulfilled promise to "lead the most honest, most open and most ethical Congress in history." That was back in 2006, isn't three years long enough to get that up and running? Secondly, there is no good reason not to hold the meetings in the open, especially when this plan will have an effect on almost every American. Third, there are many Americans who would be interested determining for themselves what's what, rather than relying on the spin from the participants. Lastly, perhaps by having the hearing open and televised, it would cut out the kickbacks, shady deals and special-interest provisions that we have come to expect and see regularly.

Now, tell us all, why are you afraid to have the hearings open and televised?

I'm not afraid. I'm just sick of all the stall tactics.

Theads merged -EZ

What?.. where's the promised sunshine on health care deliberations, no Republicans, no camera's. What no PBS..?

How, why, when ,what, where?

I guess when your spending that much money, inserting so many regulations, cutting bribes and so forth.. as an American your on a need to know basis...:eusa_hand:

Washington (CNN) -- Top Democrats are prepared to short-circuit the traditional legislative process and exclude their Republican counterparts during final congressional health care deliberations, senior Democratic sources have told CNN.

Senior sources: Democrats set to exclude GOP from final health care deliberations - CNN.com

Why should they include them? They're already made clear they're going to vote against the final bill no matter what's in it.

Why should they include them? They're already made clear they're going to vote against the final bill no matter what's in it.

Your joking right.. they don't represent the American people? Where are you from?

Your joking right.. they don't represent the American people? Where are you from?

They should just bring in a tape player with a recording of a guy shouting "I object". That way the Republicans will be represented while the grownups can handle business.

What purpose does it serve?

Well, for one it would go a long way to fulfilling Pelosi's yet to be fulfilled promise to "lead the most honest, most open and most ethical Congress in history." That was back in 2006, isn't three years long enough to get that up and running? Secondly, there is no good reason not to hold the meetings in the open, especially when this plan will have an effect on almost every American. Third, there are many Americans who would be interested determining for themselves what's what, rather than relying on the spin from the participants. Lastly, perhaps by having the hearing open and televised, it would cut out the kickbacks, shady deals and special-interest provisions that we have come to expect and see regularly.

Well, in all likelihood there will be no Republicans involved in the process, so the stall tactics should be minimal.

They should just bring in a tape player with a recording of a guy shouting "I object". That way the Republicans will be represented while the grownups can handle business.

Generally, you make allot of sense and I respect your opinion and knowledge...:(

Well, for one it would go a long way to fulfilling Pelosi's yet to be fulfilled promise to "lead the most honest, most open and most ethical Congress in history." That was back in 2006, isn't three years long enough to get that up and runningY? Secondly, there is no good reason not to hold the meetings in the open, especially when this plan will have an effect on almost every American. Third, there are many Americans who would be interested determining for themselves what's what, rather than relying on the spin from the participants. Lastly, perhaps by having the hearing open and televised, it would cut out the kickbacks, shady deals and special-interest provisions that we have come to expect and see regularly.

Well, in all likelihood there will be no Republicans involved in the process, so the stall tactics should be minimal.

Yes, because we all know preening for the cameras and having to have speechwriters create carefully worded statements for everything isn't going to waste a ton of time.

Generally, you make allot of sense and I respect your opinion and knowledge...:(

The Republicans have said from the very beginning that they opposed this bill no matter what's in it. What use are discussions with someone who has already made up their mind and would not compromise in any situation?

Our Congress is one big joke. Bribes. Constant lies. Kickbacks. Big Secrets. If I didn't know better I would think we are already a Third World nation.

Forum List

Back