C-SPAN Challenges Congress to Open Health Care Talks to TV Coverage

They should just bring in a tape player with a recording of a guy shouting "I object". That way the Republicans will be represented while the grownups can handle business.

Generally, you make allot of sense and I respect your opinion and knowledge...:(

The Republicans have said from the very beginning that they opposed this bill no matter what's in it. What use are discussions with someone who has already made up their mind and would not compromise in any situation?

Oh come on now, if Republicans were doing this, would your opinion change?

I certainly hope so....:eusa_pray:

..I have to go take care of business, I'll catch you later.

But Obama promised they would be. I guess he lied. Now there is a real shocker.
Beat me to it...Good catch.

We really need to drop this fiction that the President controls Congress.

I thought Obama could make the blind see and the lame walk.

In any case, it didn't behoove him to make promises he knew he couldn't keep. That's just a tad bit dishonest, but I would expect nothing less.

Generally, you make allot of sense and I respect your opinion and knowledge...:(

The Republicans have said from the very beginning that they opposed this bill no matter what's in it. What use are discussions with someone who has already made up their mind and would not compromise in any situation?

Oh come on now, if Republicans were doing this, would your opinion change?

I certainly hope so....:eusa_pray:

..I have to go take care of business, I'll catch you later.

It hasn't came up. On any of the big agenda items of the Bush years that actually passed (Medicare Part D, estate tax), there was at least a few Democrats willing to work with the Republicans and vote with them in their concerns were addressed. I bet if they had it go over with again though, they would have filibustered every bill proposed.

In any case, it didn't behoove him to make promises he knew he couldn't keep. That's just a tad bit dishonest, but I would expect nothing less.

Sure, but that's true of any candidate. During the campaign, I never heard a single reporter ask John McCain how he planned to deliver on his big ticket campaign items, even though it was a given he'd be facing a Democratic Congress.

Theads merged -EZ

What?.. where's the promised sunshine on health care deliberations, no Republicans, no camera's. What no PBS..?

How, why, when ,what, where?

I guess when your spending that much money, inserting so many regulations, cutting bribes and so forth.. as an American your on a need to know basis...:eusa_hand:

Washington (CNN) -- Top Democrats are prepared to short-circuit the traditional legislative process and exclude their Republican counterparts during final congressional health care deliberations, senior Democratic sources have told CNN.

Senior sources: Democrats set to exclude GOP from final health care deliberations - CNN.com

Sorry there Xenophon ,

Didn't mean to squeeze your rhubarb, I'm a slow typist and kept getting
interrupted..:eusa_eh:

Our Congress is one big joke. Bribes. Constant lies. Kickbacks. Big Secrets. If I didn't know better I would think we are already a Third World nation.
___

And that is why the Democrats are avoiding the CSPAN cameras.

The payoffs and shakedowns will be enormous on this abomination of legislation...

Theads merged -EZ

What?.. where's the promised sunshine on health care deliberations, no Republicans, no camera's. What no PBS..?

I guess when your spending that much money, inserting so many regulations, cutting bribes and so forth.. as an American your on a need to know basis...:eusa_hand:

Washington (CNN) -- Top Democrats are prepared to short-circuit the traditional legislative process and exclude their Republican counterparts during final congressional health care deliberations, senior Democratic sources have told CNN.

Senior sources: Democrats set to exclude GOP from final health care deliberations - CNN.com

Sorry there Xenophon ,

Didn't mean to squeeze your rhubarb?

I don't want to know...

Theads merged -EZ

Sorry there Xenophon ,

Didn't mean to squeeze your rhubarb?

I don't want to know...
Sure you do.

Fag.

Obama campaigned on opening the negotiations about healthcare reform up on CSPAN. Now he refuses to let CSPAN witness the process. Thats another broken campaign promise. Doesn't he know we keep track of his broken promises? If that was Bush they'd be calling him a liar.

Obama campaigned on opening the negotiations about healthcare reform up on CSPAN. Now he refuses to let CSPAN witness the process. Thats another broken campaign promise. Doesn't he know we keep track of his broken promises? If that was Bush they'd be calling him a liar.

CSPAN has been there for every floor and committee debate.

Why should they include them? They're already made clear they're going to vote against the final bill no matter what's in it.

And so very very many will be voting against them in November. Americans do not forget so easily. I understand Senator Dodd is quitting. He knows it will be tough to get re-elected is my guess. Quit while he's ahead.

Forum List

Back