By the end of the next decade, TX will turn a vivid "blue".......

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
I know that there is already a very interesting thread on the possibility of Ted Cruz losing to O'Rourke this November; personally, I actually think that Cruz will squeak through for a narrow win.

However, the future of Texan politics will undergo a major shift in the next ten years.....WHY?

Actually simple demographics. The [legal] influx of Latinos and Hispanics into the state is huge....BUT, what we have not yet experienced is the thousands of children of these immigrants who will soon turn in to voting age.
This, coupled with the dwindling and aging white population of the state, will result into a true blue wave in a state that has been the strongest, conservative base since the days of LBJ.

Bear in mind that losing Texas' electoral college votes,would mean that the chances of a conservative republican being elected to the oval office may turn to be a thing of the long-lost past.

Donald Trump makes Ted Cruz look better and better every day.

I actually liked Ted Cruz's tax reform plan. It's too bad he had to lie about the true nature of it, and it's too bad he had to lie and claim his INCOME TAX plan meant the abolishment of the IRS.

The clueless rubes actually cheered when he said he would abolish the IRS. It never occurred to them to wonder how that was possible with Ted's INCOME TAX.

That kind of credulity and lack of critical thinking is exactly what Trump exploited to the max.

Texas did have a Democratic governor before Dubya. And then there's Kinky Friedman's popularity...

By the end of the next decade, TX will turn a vivid "blue"...….

Your lips are turning blue, from lack of oxygen to your brain. :icon_rolleyes: By the end of the next decade liberals will have fled to Canada, Texas and most of the country will be red.

I know that there is already a very interesting thread on the possibility of Ted Cruz losing to O'Rourke this November; personally, I actually think that Cruz will squeak through for a narrow win.

However, the future of Texan politics will undergo a major shift in the next ten years.....WHY?

Actually simple demographics. The [legal] influx of Latinos and Hispanics into the state is huge....BUT, what we have not yet experienced is the thousands of children of these immigrants who will soon turn in to voting age.
This, coupled with the dwindling and aging white population of the state, will result into a true blue wave in a state that has been the strongest, conservative base since the days of LBJ.

Bear in mind that losing Texas' electoral college votes,would mean that the chances of a conservative republican being elected to the oval office may turn to be a thing of the long-lost past.

Yeah we know your hoping and praying for America to be like Detroit.

I lived in DFW for 15 years (1987-2002) and as far as I'm concerned Texas can go to Hell :21: which is what a Republican is; a Democrat too.

It doesn't matter what their color or background is, Texans love their freedom too much to vote for big government controlling Dems.

If you hold your breath til that happens....

so will you

The "vivid blue" parts of Texas are where the crime, corruption, bad schools and poverty are at.
For a look into the future of America under Democrat control look at the suffering in Venezuela.

Venezuelawerwerwerwer.jpg

venezuelawewantfoodihiuhih.jpg

venezuelapovertystarvation.jpg

It doesn't matter what their color or background is, Texans love their freedom too much to vote for big government controlling Dems.

Uh huh. Right. Just by standing on Texas's magical soil, even MS-13 members transform into freedom loving muricans.

I can't WAIT for this to happen. I just hope I'm alive when it does...

giphy.gif

Uh huh. Right. Just by standing on Texas's magical soil, even MS-13 members transform into freedom loving muricans.

Check the numbers of how many MS-13 have been detained or arrested in Texas.
Texans don't put up with them.

Texas is a minority-majority state. It's 58% minorities (including 40% Hispanic), but it's still a majority Republican state. Texas conservatism is a cultural function, not a racial function.

I'm pretty sure everything including that scenario has been thought through while appointing young judges to the scotus and appellate courts.
Remember that conservatives do not aspire to political office the way liberals do, for liberals public service is climbing the ladder, for conservatives it is coming down the ladder, they would rather be making "real" money.
so now they just have to do what liberals have been doing, appoint judges who overrule political decisions and or the will of the people, I think it was prop 18 [check it] concerning gay marriage that the courts stepped in and overruled after the people decided otherwise, that is what trumps job really is as far as conservatives are concerned, thanks to liberals we are headed down a path where it will not matter who is elected, just who is appointed.

I can't WAIT for this to happen. I just hope I'm alive when it does...

giphy.gif

Do you really want the US to be a one party country?

Texas did have a Democratic governor before Dubya. And then there's Kinky Friedman's popularity...

It sure did. Mark White. And then there was Ann Richardson, and she lost to Dubya when she ran for re-election.
That election was rigged just like the one in 2000 for POTUS.

Big mistake. She was brilliant.
So yeah, with the Hispanic population booming, that will turn Texas blue.
And since the evangelical whities in Texas are shutting down women's health clinics right and left and taking away birth control, too, there's going to be a lot more Hispanic voters in the next decade.

Forum List

Back