Bust Them Up Into a Thousand Million Pieces

Time to go Teddy Roosevelt.

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Marine Corps Gen. Joseph Dunford —during a wide-ranging interview at the Halifax International Security Forum — took Google to task for its recent decision to withdraw from a Defense Department artificial intelligence initiative.

“I have a hard time with companies that are working very hard to engage in the market inside of China, and engaging in projects where intellectual property is shared with the Chinese, which is synonymous with sharing it with the Chinese military, and then don’t want to work for the U.S. military.”

Dunford Slams Google for Working with China, But Not U.S. Military
So businesses now HAVE to work with the military?

No.

Don't you think it's rather bizarre and hypocritical that Google doesn't want to cooperate with the U.S. on "moral grounds" while simultaneously working with the Chinese government to suppress Chinese expression?

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Marine Corps Gen. Joseph Dunford —during a wide-ranging interview at the Halifax International Security Forum — took Google to task for its recent decision to withdraw from a Defense Department artificial intelligence initiative.

“I have a hard time with companies that are working very hard to engage in the market inside of China, and engaging in projects where intellectual property is shared with the Chinese, which is synonymous with sharing it with the Chinese military, and then don’t want to work for the U.S. military.”

It's possible Google's principal loyalty is to the CIA instead of the US military?

Google’s true origin partly lies in CIA and NSA research grants for mass surveillance

"Two decades ago, the US intelligence community worked closely with Silicon Valley in an effort to track citizens in cyberspace. And Google is at the heart of that origin story. Some of the research that led to Google’s ambitious creation was funded and coordinated by a research group established by the intelligence community to find ways to track individuals and groups online."

There appears to be a 70 year-long history of collusion between Wall Street, the CIA, Ivy League universities, and, for the last 25 years, Silicon Valley to find ways of enlisting some of the best minds in the service of an unofficial American aristocracy.
The_CIA_and_the_Cult_of_Intelligence.jpg

Control of cyberspace seems like something such elites would pursue.
The CIA and the Cult of Intelligence - Wikipedia

Nonsense.

A PRIVATE industry ops not to work with the Government and you want to break them up for it?

Ridiculous

I am not against regulating their data mining (google knows what car and gun parts I searchfor) breaking them up but find your reasoning questionable.

In this case they made a legal decision on who to work with. Make government bigger or go pay more. You could also restrict trade with China which might be theright thing to do. Just gotta shut up them small government / open market types.

Funny, we agree but for different reasons though
Google agreed to create a special search engine for China that filters what the government wants filtered.

Bust them up.
That is their right as a PRIVATE COMPANY

I noticed that a couple of libtards noted your post as "funny". Of course, they would be just fine with a Chinese-style oligarchy such as the Democratic Party ruling America in a one-party state, like the Chinese have.
I gave him a funny too.
No fan of Google but my belief in a private companies freedom trumps my hate for leftard big government actions

I noticed that a couple of libtards noted your post as "funny". Of course, they would be just fine with a Chinese-style oligarchy such as the Democratic Party ruling America in a one-party state, like the Chinese have.
I gave him a funny too.
No fan of Google but my belief in a private companies freedom trumps my hate for leftard big government actions
Monopolies are as unAmerican as you can get.

Especially monopolies that hate America.

I gave him a funny too.

Perhaps I missed something. Did anyone say Google shouldn't be free?

I am not against regulating their data mining (google knows what car and gun parts I searchfor) breaking them up but find your reasoning questionable.

In this case they made a legal decision on who to work with. Make government bigger or go pay more. You could also restrict trade with China which might be theright thing to do. Just gotta shut up them small government / open market types.

Google agreed to create a special search engine for China that filters what the government wants filtered.

Bust them up.

Sure, just like it's General Dunford's right to criticize them. What's the beef?

Bust them up.
They are helping create a 1984 reality in China where people are always observed and any little offense or misstep can be kept track of and and when the Google/Chinese masters decide certain basic freedoms and human rights can be revoked.
It's no different than working with the Nazis before WWII.

Go, Teddy!

TR was our first progressive president but he had a good idea busting up enormous rapacious industries that kept the nation hostage. Breaking up Google would be a perfect homage to Theodore Roosevelt.

Bust them up.

Sure, just like it's General Dunford's right to criticize them. What's the beef?
The beef is he is demanding that the fucking GOVERNMENT break up a PRIVATE company because they wouldn't do what the Government wanted. THAT IS OPPRESSIVE TYRANNY.

Are you stupid or just blinded by asinine partisanship hate?

Bust them up.

The beef is he is demanding that the fucking GOVERNMENT break up a PRIVATE company because they wouldn't do what the Government wanted. THAT IS OPPRESSIVE TYRANNY.

Are you stupid or just blinded by asinine partisanship hate?

Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

I missed the part where Dunford said that Google should be forced to help the government. Sorry.

The beef is he is demanding that the fucking GOVERNMENT break up a PRIVATE company because they wouldn't do what the Government wanted.

Where in the article did Dunford make that statement?
Read the title of the thread. I am talking about the OP's position/opinion not the article.

Except your rant was in response to my question of "Sure, just like it's General Dunford's right to criticize them. What's the beef?"

Me thinks you didn't read the article and just ASSumed that Dunford called for it and then went off on me for asking you what your "beef" was.

Google should lose its license to conduct business.

The beef is he is demanding that the fucking GOVERNMENT break up a PRIVATE company because they wouldn't do what the Government wanted.

Read the title of the thread. I am talking about the OP's position/opinion not the article.

Except your rant was in response to my question of "Sure, just like it's General Dunford's right to criticize them. What's the beef?"

Me thinks you didn't read the article and just ASSumed that Dunford called for it and then went off on me for asking you what your "beef" was.

You got 'murked' by 'Grandpa'.

"Me thinks"?

What kind of ghetto slang is that?

And no, I did not read the link. My posts are in response to the asinine suggestion made by the OP. You trying to wiggle out of holding him accountable for his ridiculous position is funny.

Forum List

Back