Bussing schoolchildren. Good or bad?

I'm currently reading a book wherein the black author and her sibs who lived in suburban St. Louis all got bussed to schools in the very upper class white suburb of Ladue. Her mother wanted them there rather than in the schools of predominantly black burbs. In order for that to happen all her kids, who lived in various homes with various family members, were "officially" registered as living at grandma's house in the city of St. Louis, thus qualifying them for the bussing program. In other words, Mom gamed the system. Also, the author writes the bussed black kids at the Ladue schools often got on one another over how they dressed, hair styles, etc. just as they did back in their hoods.

I'm currently reading a book wherein the black author and her sibs who lived in suburban St. Louis all got bussed to schools in the very upper class white suburb of Ladue. Her mother wanted them there rather than in the schools of predominantly black burbs. In order for that to happen all her kids, who lived in various homes with various family members, were "officially" registered as living at grandma's house in the city of St. Louis, thus qualifying them for the bussing program. In other words, Mom gamed the system. Also, the author writes the bussed black kids at the Ladue schools often got on one another over how they dressed, hair styles, etc. just as they did back in their hoods.
Whites gamed the system for 400 years. I hold no animosity toward any of my people who do the same.

It's very easy to spot the 'memories' shared on threads like this that are nothing but fabricated bullshit.

Forum List

Back