Businessman Roosevelt.

So, Franklin Roosevelt didn't know jack about business. and, seeing others become successful where he failed, he used his talent in politics to assault them, and take their success away from them.
We see the same motivations in today's administration.

But.....war made FDR into quite a different animal, with a new-found love of the business community. Suddenly....he needed them!

No longer would he refer to their "obeisance to Mammon!" (Roosevelt's Nomination Address, July 2, 1932)

14. On May 16, 1940, Roosevelt had addressed Congress and asked for more than a billion dollars for defense, with a commitment for fifty thousand military aircraft. He knew, also, that he needed the good will of business to win the war: no longer would he call them “privileged princes…thirsting for power.”

On May 26, 1940 his Fireside Chat signaled a new relationship with business: he would insure their profits, and assuage their fears that he would nationalize their factories.

a.“…we are calling upon the resources, the efficiency and the ingenuity of the American manufacturers of war material of all kinds -- airplanes and tanks and guns and ships, and all the hundreds of products that go into this material. The Government of the United States itself manufactures few of the implements of war.

Private industry will continue to be the source of most of this material, and private industry will have to be speeded up to produce it at the rate and efficiency called for by the needs of the times….

Private industry will have the responsibility of providing the best, speediest and most efficient mass production of which it is capable.”
On National Defense - May 26, 1940

Took him long enough.

President Franklin Roosevelt will forever be remembered here and abroad as a Great American President. The detractors on this board will be forgotten a fews days after the funeral.

Yes...if you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes accepted as fact.

Well, when America's most famous and noted historians say it for seventy-five years it begins to take on a little more truth than some poster's opinions.

President Franklin Roosevelt will forever be remembered here and abroad as a Great American President. The detractors on this board will be forgotten a fews days after the funeral.

Especially if you control the dissemination of information, i.e., the colleges....

They absolutely lied about the provenance of the Depression....as did Roosevelt.

Well, when America's most famous and noted historians say it for seventy-five years it begins to take on a little more truth than some poster's opinions.

Because you are afraid of the truth.

Unlike, Jefferson, I have been afraid of the truth on many occasions but that did not change the truth.
It seems the goal of many posters on these boards is to present their version of the truth, based on their politics, not historical evidence. I believe historians come closer to the evidence side of history than the political side, so I have a tendency, if poster's truths conflict with the university historians' truths, to place the college historians truths a little higher. How about you?

Unlike, Jefferson, I have been afraid of the truth on many occasions but that did not change the truth.
It seems the goal of many posters on these boards is to present their version of the truth, based on their politics, not historical evidence. I believe historians come closer to the evidence side of history than the political side, so I have a tendency, if poster's truths conflict with the university historians' truths, to place the college historians truths a little higher. How about you?

"...many posters on these boards is to present their version of the truth, based on their politics, not historical evidence...."

Simple enough to blow that out of the water.

I've posted numerous attacks on the Roosevelt myths that you believe, in both politics and economics.

To date, I don't believe that you have been able to challenge any.

You simply default to '...historians say....'

I'd be happy to take on all comers, my grasp of the Roosevelt era vs. your historians.

In fact, as I promised, I'll destroy the Schlesinger/Leuchtenburg/Roosevelt analysis of economic history in an upcoming OP.

And you will be unable to rebut same.

Of course, I don't, for a minute, imagine that truth and data will have any effect on you Leftists.

"...many posters on these boards is to present their version of the truth, based on their politics, not historical evidence...."

I've posted numerous attacks on the Roosevelt myths that you believe, in both politics and economics.

I'd be happy to take on all comers, my grasp of the Roosevelt era vs. your historians.

In fact, as I promised, I'll destroy the Schlesinger/Leuchtenburg/Roosevelt analysis of economic history in an upcoming OP.

Of course, I don't, for a minute, imagine that truth and data will have any effect on you Leftists.

There was and is no definitive book on how to cure depressions, so when FDR took office he told the American people he would experiment, and he did. Some of those experiments were failures and most who have read on that period know of those failures. When you now mention them as great revelations, some take little heed. They know of the failures and do not challenge them, NRA failed, AAA failed, court packing failed and many historians know they failed. They also know Social Security, and many many programs did not fail and, in fact, are still with us, added to, and improved.
Historians also know that the Great Depression was not the only problem FDR faced, but an American population that was isolationist with the threat of a Hitler looming. Should FDR had continued to play the Hoover-answer to the Great Depression and ignored Hitler he should have been rated as a failed president, but he didn't. As it is, however, the historians have always rated FDR in the top three and recently as America's greatest president.
For some that has to hurt and that's the truth.

Based on what? What is their metric for this Imaginary Greatness?

20% Average unemployment over his first 2 terms?

Calling a Mass Murderer who just starved 3 million children to death his "Uncle"

Where's the Greatness?

He was Stalin's Greatest Sock Puppet

There was and is no definitive book on how to cure depressions, so when FDR took office he told the American people he would experiment, and he did. Some of those experiments were failures and most who have read on that period know of those failures. When you now mention them as great revelations, some take little heed. They know of the failures and do not challenge them, NRA failed, AAA failed, court packing failed and many historians know they failed. They also know Social Security, and many many programs did not fail and, in fact, are still with us, added to, and improved.
Historians also know that the Great Depression was not the only problem FDR faced, but an American population that was isolationist with the threat of a Hitler looming. Should FDR had continued to play the Hoover-answer to the Great Depression and ignored Hitler he should have been rated as a failed president, but he didn't. As it is, however, the historians have always rated FDR in the top three and recently as America's greatest president.
For some that has to hurt and that's the truth.

"There was and is no definitive book on how to cure depressions,..."

Once again you prove the prescience of the greatest President of the last century, who said:
'It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.'

Here is your primer for today:

1. "The decline in the GNP price deflator from 1920 to 1921 is the largest one-year percentage decline in the series in the more than 120 years covered.

Various estimates show that one-year deflation figures were 18 percent, 13.0 percent, and 14.8 percent, respectively. The closest comparator is the 11.5 percent deflation recorded for 1931-32, the third year of the Great Depression. Wholesale prices declined by 36.8 percent for 1920-21, the largest one-year decline on record, going back at least to the American Revolutionary War period.

2. The 1921 deflation contains another striking feature. Not only was it sharp, it was large relative to the accompanying decline in real product. The ratio of the percentage decline in the GNP deflator for 1920-21 to the percentage decline in real GNP is 2.6 using the Department of Commerce figures.

3. By contrast, during 1929-30, the first year of the Great Depression, the GNP deflator declined by 2.7 percent and real GNP by 9.4 percent, for a ratio of 0.3. The ratios of the percentage decline in GNP prices to the percentage decline in real GNP for 1930-31, 1931-32, 1932-33, and 1937-38, the other Great Depression years in which real GNP declined, were 1.0, 0.9, 1.2, and 0.3, respectively, all well below the 1920-21 figures."

How to Create the Great(er) Depression II » Behind Blue Lines

Now....make certain you understand the above....because you erroneously said ""There was and is no definitive book on how to cure depressions,..."

4. "Instead of bailing out failing businesses, expanding government, and redistributing taxpayer money with a "stimulus" plan, Harding responded by cutting spending and removing burdensome regulations and taxes. During his campaign, he argued, "We need vastly more freedom than we do regulation." In stark contrast with the Bush-Obama response of ever-more government spending and debt, Harding had federal spending cut in half between 1920 and 1922 and ultimately ran a surplus.

5. As a result, the recession that started in 1920 ended before 1923. Lower taxes and reduced regulation helped America's economy quickly adjust after the war as entrepreneurs and capital were freed to create jobs and push the economy to recover. Harding's free market policies lead to the Roaring Twenties, known for technological advances, women's rights, the explosion of the middle class, and some of the most rapid economic growth in American history. Still, he is ranked as one of the worst presidents by many in academia's ivory tower
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2009/02/obama_should_channel_harding_n.htm

6. In 1935, the Brookings Institution (left-leaning) delivered a 900-page report on the New Deal and the National Recovery Administration, concluding that “ on the whole it retarded recovery.”
The Real Deal - Society and Culture - AEI

How ya' like that, boyyyyeeeeeee??

And, a note on the personal side......

5. Franklin Roosevelt had a trait that fit right into is future political successes: often he handled his failures with evasiveness, exaggerations, and lies.
Geoffrey Ward (Op. Cit.) gives many examples of his efforts to manipulate and equivocate.
"And if he thought distorting the truth would go undetected, he did not hesitate to try that either." (p. 204)

a. "FDR would lie, then in the face of proof, completely deny it ever happened. The most famous example of this is when he claimed to have written the constitution of Haiti. He said: “The facts are that I wrote Haiti’s constitution myself and, if I do say so, I think it’s a pretty good constitution.”

When the opposition found out about this lie, they were all over it. Despite repeating the lie several times, once in Butte–where 31 people signed a document swearing that they heard him say it–he denied ever having said it."
The Final Case Against Franklin Delano Obama - The Last Resistance | The Last Resistance

6. After Harvard, we find Franklin in law school at Columbia. At Columbia Law School, his professor for a public-utilities course, Jackson E. Reynolds, said, "Franklin Roosevelt was no good as a student. He didn’t appear to have any aptitude for law, and made no effort to overcome that handicap by hard work. . . . He passed both of my courses, but he never received a degree because he flunked. Afterwards in offices downtown he made the same kind of records." Jackson E. Reynolds interview, Columbia Oral History Project, p. 42.

a. But, flunk out or not, he passed the bar.
He went to work for the firm of Carter, Ledyard & Milburn, where senior partner Ledyard described the future President as "utterly worthless."

A rather inauspicious beginning for the great god of the Left....

Bet the Roosevelt groupies never knew any of that.

So your big source is a 24 year old Republican actor?:lol::lol::lol:Hell, he might even be a member of this board.:lol::lol::badgrin::eusa_clap::eusa_clap::

Frank Camp [MENTION=20195]Frank[/MENTION]DCamp Tweets

Photos/Videos

Following

Followers

Favorites

More Followers Favorites ListsFollow Following Unfollow Blocked Unblock Pending Cancel Frank Camp

I'm a 24 year old, Republican actor. I'm a Conservative in a very Liberal world. I'm the Editor of Conservative News and Opinion - and a writer for Last Resistance.

https://twitter.com/FrankDCamp

Last edited:

In fact, as I promised, I'll destroy the Schlesinger/Leuchtenburg/Roosevelt analysis of economic history in an upcoming OP.And you will be unable to rebut same.

You won't destroy anything. All you will do is qoute some rightwing hack's agenda driven book and try to pass their arguement off as your own. Basically, what you do with every one of your OP's.

In fact, as I promised, I'll destroy the Schlesinger/Leuchtenburg/Roosevelt analysis of economic history in an upcoming OP.And you will be unable to rebut same.

You won't destroy anything. All you will do is qoute some rightwing hack's agenda driven book and try to pass their arguement off as your own. Basically, what you do with every one of your OP's.

Geee....I really upset you,....look at all those misspellings.

Calm down.....so you've accepted all the Rooseveltian mythology....

Doesn't mean you're a dope....

Oh...wait....it does.

Any time you believe you can show where my revelations about Roosevelt are untrue.....give it a try.

And I will destroy, with data, the Roosevelt economists/historians.

5. Franklin Roosevelt had a trait that fit right into is future political successes: often he handled his failures with evasiveness, exaggerations, and lies.
Geoffrey Ward (Op. Cit.) gives many examples of his efforts to manipulate and equivocate.
"And if he thought distorting the truth would go undetected, he did not hesitate to try that either." (p. 204)

a. "FDR would lie, then in the face of proof, completely deny it ever happened. The most famous example of this is when he claimed to have written the constitution of Haiti. He said: “The facts are that I wrote Haiti’s constitution myself and, if I do say so, I think it’s a pretty good constitution.”

When the opposition found out about this lie, they were all over it. Despite repeating the lie several times, once in Butte–where 31 people signed a document swearing that they heard him say it–he denied ever having said it."
The Final Case Against Franklin Delano Obama - The Last Resistance | The Last Resistance

6. After Harvard, we find Franklin in law school at Columbia. At Columbia Law School, his professor for a public-utilities course, Jackson E. Reynolds, said, "Franklin Roosevelt was no good as a student. He didn’t appear to have any aptitude for law, and made no effort to overcome that handicap by hard work. . . . He passed both of my courses, but he never received a degree because he flunked. Afterwards in offices downtown he made the same kind of records." Jackson E. Reynolds interview, Columbia Oral History Project, p. 42.

He went to work for the firm of Carter, Ledyard & Milburn, where senior partner Ledyard described the future President as "utterly worthless."

So your big source is a 24 year old Republican actor?:lol::lol::lol:Hell, he might even be a member of this board.:lol::lol::badgrin::eusa_clap::eusa_clap::

Photos/Videos

Following

Followers

Favorites

More Followers Favorites ListsFollow Following Unfollow Blocked Unblock Pending Cancel Frank Camp

I'm a 24 year old, Republican actor. I'm a Conservative in a very Liberal world. I'm the Editor of Conservative News and Opinion - and a writer for Last Resistance.

Every time one of you dolts can't dispute a statement, you attack the source.....

Bet you went to government schools, huh?

Photos/Videos

Following

Followers

Favorites

Every time one of you dolts can't dispute a statement, you attack the source.....

I think I'm getting the picture, if you are the historical source, the source cannot be disputed, but if the source are hundreds of America's most noted historians then obviously it is OK to attack the source. Somehow I have trouble buying that.

Photos/Videos

Following

Followers

Favorites

I think I'm getting the picture, if you are the historical source, the source cannot be disputed, but if the source are hundreds of America's most noted historians then obviously it is OK to attack the source. Somehow I have trouble buying that.

I'm really easy to get along with once you people learn to worship me.

Forum List

Back