Bush Warns Russia to Honor Cease-Fire Agreement

I'm still not convinced Russia was totally wrong. And the EU doesn't want Georgia in NATO, I'm guessing because they don't want to fight a war for them against Russia.

This president sounds a bit loopy from what I was just reading on the New York Time's website.

Europe does not want Georgia in NATO because Russia does not. See the dirty little truth about Europe is they are completely at the will of Russia. Because they Now get the vast amount of their Natural gas and Oil from Russia, and they can not afford to piss them off.

Reagan warned them years ago not to let themselves become dependent on Russia for their energy and they did not listen, and now they are in a tough situation.

I'm doing a lot more quoting of Richard Holbrook today than I'm comfortable with...lol. After all he is a big lib, a former ambassador for Clinton and an Obama supporter, but if you still have questions, just Google what he has been saying about Russia for the past several years up to and including today. At least you shouldn't be suspicious of his motives.

The EU issue. First, the EU is not a member of NATO, so they don't get a vote. But, some of the countries are members of both the EU and NATO. Georgian full NATO membership was opposed by 6 of 26 countries in the April meeting, but: (from NATO's web site)

So, I'm not sure what you report is accurate. The actual stated reason for opposition is they were concerned about not doing anything to irritate Russia. So, not far from right.

I'm not sure about the loopiness of their President. My guess is that if you were just attacked by Russia with 1.1 million men under arms to your 37,000, you'd sound a bit loopy too.....:lol:
I shouldn't be suspicious of an Obama supporter? What planet do you live on?

Yes, he does sound loopy. And since they attacked the O.S. first, I can't rule out that he isn't playing a game himself.

They want to be free from Russian rule. Russia won't let them. Does that clear things up ?

I don't know much about Georgia, so please correct me where I am mistaken on the facts.

My understanding is that Georgia militarily reclaimed portions of South Ossetia, which is a breakaway province composed mostly of ethnic Russians seeking to secede. Russia intervened to help the ethnic Russians in South Ossetia.

Aside from the past history of genocide, which I don't deny is a huge factor, isn't this similar to what is happening in Kosovo, where a Serbian government wishes to restore its territorial integrity by reclaiming the polity? How can we justify our actions in Kosovo, where we recognize and support a breakaway province composed of a seperate ethnic group (against Russia and Serbia's wishes), while at the same time criticizing Russia (too strongly) for acting in their sphere of influence to protect a breakaway province of a separate ethnic group?

I find this situation to be a bit muddled from a moral point of view.

Last edited:
Europe does not want Georgia in NATO because Russia does not. See the dirty little truth about Europe is they are completely at the will of Russia. Because they Now get the vast amount of their Natural gas and Oil from Russia, and they can not afford to piss them off.

Reagan warned them years ago not to let themselves become dependent on Russia for their energy and they did not listen, and now they are in a tough situation.
Oh, God, Reagan. Now I know we are about to be screwed.

Oh, God, Reagan. Now I know we are about to be screwed.

What are you saying? That just because Reagan told them not to become defendant on Russia for their energy, that it must have been poor advice? Do you think it is wise of them to get The Vast majority of the NG, and Oil from a nation with a History like Russia's? A nation that used to Dominate half of Europe and would love to do so again?

Mark my words as Europe becomes more and more defendant on Russia from their energy resources. They will drift further and further away from us, and become more and more beholden to Russia. If you think this is a good thing, then well, frankly you are insane.

Forum List

Back