Bush League Assembles To Save Jeb

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America

His famous family rallies around to attempt to revive his flagging campaign.

HOUSTON — This closed-door summit for Jeb Bush’s richest donors was meant to be a pep rally, a reunion for loyalists eager to celebrate the family legacy with two former presidents.

But as George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush draw supporters together under gray skies and unrelenting rains, the gathering has become a rescue operation for a candidate who looks unable to meet the expectations of the family brand.

“The patient is either in intensive care and in need of some good doctors who can save him or being put into hospice and we’re going to see a slow death," said one K Street lobbyist supporting Bush.

Much More: Bush family gathers to rescue Jeb

Jeb seems devastated by the polls - and his lack of energy clearly shows that Trump has him rattled and on the ropes. Jeb ain't Ali - so it's unlikely that playing rope-a-dope will save him. Trump may not wish to knock him out...just yet.

PNAC was a disaster, and Jeb as part of that think tank. He can never escape that. Folks know. They won't ever forget.

I could see his donors going to some candidate that would take him on as VP. That is the only way his Dad got a foot in the door with Reagan.

Then they'll just shoot the guy that gets elected. . . . just like they did with Reagan. :lmao:

It's ridiculous to talk in terms of Bush being 'done' – the primaries haven't even started, it's more than a year before the GE, opinion polls are meaningless, it's actual election polls during the primaries that count.

Bush needs to stay until at least SC, if he doesn't win that primary then talk about quitting might be appropriate.

It's ridiculous to talk in terms of Bush being 'done' – the primaries haven't even started, it's more than a year before the GE, opinion polls are meaningless, it's actual election polls during the primaries that count.

Bush needs to stay until at least SC, if he doesn't win that primary then talk about quitting might be appropriate.

Try to lighten up and enjoy the ride - otherwise known as spin..............................

HOUSTON — This closed-door summit for Jeb Bush’s richest donors was meant to be a pep rally, a reunion for loyalists eager to celebrate the family legacy with two former presidents.

But as George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush draw supporters together under gray skies and unrelenting rains, the gathering has become a rescue operation for a candidate who looks unable to meet the expectations of the family brand.

“The patient is either in intensive care and in need of some good doctors who can save him or being put into hospice and we’re going to see a slow death," said one K Street lobbyist supporting Bush.

Jeb seems devastated by the polls - and his lack of energy clearly shows that Trump has him rattled and on the ropes. Jeb ain't Ali - so it's unlikely that playing rope-a-dope will save him. Trump may not wish to knock him out...just yet.

Yep, the Jebster proclaims he is his own man, but runs to daddy and bubba when times get tough.

Jeb is nothing more than a pale imitation of George Sr. and George Jr.

Sorry, but 3 times is the charm, and if we elect another Bush, it may destroy this country.

'Bush league' never more appropriate term for a 'campaign.'

Look three Rinos, poach more Rinos

Yanno...............a poster farther up the thread succinctly said what I've thought.

Bush League.

Yep, Jr. his father and all the other supporters are nothing more than Bush League.

Jeb is gonna fail in another couple of months.

There's no saving him from himself.

Bush continued: “I saw that there’s a new ‘Supergirl’ on TV — I saw that while I was working out this morning, there was an ad. She looked kinda … she looked pretty hot. I don’t know which channel it’s on, but I’m looking forward to that.”

In an appearance on “CBS This Morning” Monday, Benoist, 27, was asked if she had heard about the 62-year-old candidate’s comments — and couldn’t contain her laughter.

“I heard about it, but I don’t know what I think about it,” the new “Woman of Steel” said, laughing. “I’m glad he’s excited to watch the show.”

‘Supergirl’ actress responds to Jeb Bush’s ‘hot’ comment

Forum List

Back