Bush Killed Superman

acludem said:
Since you all have produced absolutely no news stories, no links, no clips, and no proof of your allegations, that is that someone said that George W. Bush was responsible for Christopher Reeve's passing, I'll assume it didn't happen.

acludem

We have about five threads about Edwards comments going. Where are you?

acludem said:
Since you all have produced absolutely no news stories, no links, no clips, and no proof of your allegations, that is that someone said that George W. Bush was responsible for Christopher Reeve's passing, I'll assume it didn't happen.

acludem

"Edwards Stem Cell Vision: 'We will stop juvenile diabetes, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's and other debilitating diseases... When John Kerry is president, people like Christopher Reeve are going get up out of that wheelchair and walk again.' Edwards made the unprecedented campaign promises during 30-minute speech at Newton High School gym in Newton, Iowa..."

There ya go. The Quote and the Source.

acludem said:
What's wrong with that? And where's the part about Bush killing Reeve? Try again.

acludem

I thought you were supposed to be smart...

"(because BUSH is against Stem Cell research, and is president, Chris Reeve Died, however) When John Kerry is president, people like Christopher Reeve are going get up out of that wheelchair and walk again."

It doesn't take a rocket scientist.

acludem said:
What's wrong with that? And where's the part about Bush killing Reeve? Try again.

acludem

Whats wrong with that is ITS A RIDICULOUS STATEMENT WITH NO BASIS IN FACT.......How far into denial are you willing to go for Kerry?? He's really not worth it.

-=d=- said:
"Edwards Stem Cell Vision: 'We will stop juvenile diabetes, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's and other debilitating diseases... When John Kerry is president, people like Christopher Reeve are going get up out of that wheelchair and walk again.' Edwards made the unprecedented campaign promises during 30-minute speech at Newton High School gym in Newton, Iowa..."

There ya go. The Quote and the Source.

I don't like the fact that John Edwards used Christopher Reeve's name like that so soon after his death, but you have to admit that this isn't quite the same as coming right out and saying "Chris Reeve would be alive today...".

Don't get me wrong, I see what he is doing and the taste is questionable at the very least. Of course, this is coming from a trial lawyer and a close look at his history in the courts will soften the surprise of questionable taste.

You are reading something into that statement that is not there. John Edwards said Christopher Reeve could walk again with stem cell research. FACT: If Reeve was still alive, and stem cell research continued, possibility existed for him to walk again. Go to http://www.themiamiproject.org/ and read what they say about stem cell research and spinal cord injury.

Fact: You provided neither a link, nor source, nor date, etc. for this quote. The way it is worded tells me that it was likely said before Mr. Reeve's death was made public.

Fact: You continue to put words in people's mouths that were never said.

Fact: This is a major, major tax on your credibility.

My father has a spinal cord injury and has been paraylyzed since 1986. He works today helping others with disabilities. To see my father walk again would be...well there simply aren't words to describe what that would be like.

acludem

acludem said:
Fact: You provided neither a link, nor source, nor date, etc. for this quote. The way it is worded tells me that it was likely said before Mr. Reeve's death was made public.

www.hop.com - check it out!

(Edwards Comments were made) during 30-minute speech at Newton High School gym in Newton, Iowa..."
The 'source' is "Edwards". The location and event and circumstances were given.

acludem said:
Fact: You continue to put words in people's mouths that were never said.

No - The implication is/was clear.

acludem said:
Fact: This is a major, major tax on your credibility.

It's great that I couldn't give two shits about what you think as to my credibility standing. And it's not a fact - it cannot be proven, it's simply your 'opinion'.

acludem said:
My father has a spinal cord injury and has been paraylyzed since 1986. He works today helping others with disabilities. To see my father walk again would be...well there simply aren't words to describe what that would be like.
acludem

That's really moving, but not relevant to the 'miracles' being promised by John Edwards.

(shrug).

This is what you posted:

Where is the :link: ? Where's the date? Where?

acludem

acludem said:
This is what you posted:

Where is the :link: ? Where's the date? Where?

acludem

at this point...I think somebody would have told you about google.

if badgering for a 'linkable source' bothers you...put a little 'effort' into what you learn.

When you make a statement it is your job to back it up. I just did a google search and found only ONE reference to this quote and it was on the Drudge Report. However, I couldn't find the story on the Drudge Report site. I did several archive searches and was unable to locate it.

:link: :link: :link: :link: :link: :link: :link: :link: :link: :link:

acludem

I would like to take this time to disrespect Mr. Reeve.

Why? because he is (haha, oh sorry. Was) a self serving ass hole.
He didn't give a shit about paralysis before he himself was semi-smote by the hand of a truly awesome god. After the accident though, he championed himself and started a foundation, accepting all kinds of praise and adoration for being a cripple. This clearly shows that no one gives a shit about a cause unless a celebrity endorsess it. I am sure that all people with paralysis are grateful for Reeve and his courageous lifestyle, i mean, he COULDN'T possibly be doing for his own benifit.
Seriously people, if Reeve's wanted to find a cure not only for himself he would have opened the center before his accident. Helping other people is just a side-effect of finding his own cure. I think Reeve's is (oh sorry again; was) an ovacious dick. Check out this quote, "I've noticed that there are very few roles for people in chairs... I would like to see people with disabilities featured sympathetically." Wow, I will watch out for all those roles where people with disabilities are victimized.

I don't hate him because he i-, er, was crippled. I hate him because he took all the praise, for helping himself. If he dedicated his life (well, had he dedicated his life) to some cause non-threatening to himself, then he wouldn't be too bad.

Well, start hating me. Bring in on baby. :tank: :firing: :dev1:

Oh by the way, good ridance you selfish son of a bitch. At least the staff at your foundation will get a rest. You fucking slave driver.

hehe, man I kick ass.

Forum List

Back