Bush is sicking the DOJ on Ohio

The Supreme Court struck this down once.

Hopefully, they will again.

Republicans love voter suppression.

Read what she posted. Key graph:

Last week, the U.S. Supreme Court took up the case and, in a two-page unanimous opinion, dismissed the lower court’s ruling on a technicality. The justices said lawsuits “brought by a private litigant" could not be used to enforce states to abide by federal laws.
"We express no opinion on the question whether HAVA is being properly implemented," the unsigned opinion said. ...

• Banned
Independent studies have shown that phony registrations rarely result in illegally cast ballots because there are so many other safeguards built into the system.
For instance, from October 2002 to September 2005, a total of 70 people were convicted for federal election related crimes, according to figures compiled by the New York Times last year. Only 18 of those were for ineligible voting.

In recent years, federal prosecutors reached similar conclusions despite pressure from the Bush administration to lodge “election fraud” charges against voter registration groups seen as bringing more Democratic voters into the democratic process.

Some of the Bush administration prosecutors who refused to seek these indictments were then fired in 2006 as part of a purge of nine U.S. Attorneys deemed not “loyal Bushies.”

200,000 voters may lose their sacred right to vote to stop miniscule fraud that is so small it has never effected the outcome of an election.

Some people have their priorities all screwed up.

Independent studies have shown that phony registrations rarely result in illegally cast ballots because there are so many other safeguards built into the system.
For instance, from October 2002 to September 2005, a total of 70 people were convicted for federal election related crimes, according to figures compiled by the New York Times last year. Only 18 of those were for ineligible voting.

In recent years, federal prosecutors reached similar conclusions despite pressure from the Bush administration to lodge “election fraud” charges against voter registration groups seen as bringing more Democratic voters into the democratic process.

Some of the Bush administration prosecutors who refused to seek these indictments were then fired in 2006 as part of a purge of nine U.S. Attorneys deemed not “loyal Bushies.”

200,000 voters may lose their sacred right to vote to stop miniscule fraud that is so small it has never effected the outcome of an election.

Some people have their priorities all screwed up.
So your OK with "fraud" as long it is on the Lib side???? Typical, I seem to recall YOU being against ANY and ALL forms of voter fraud. In fact YOU have been vehement against ANY perceived wrong doing on the Republican side regardless of how few it would affect, yet your willing to give the libs a pass since it really is "only minuscule" You are one pathetic person with a double standard view on life.......

So your OK with "fraud" as long it is on the Lib side???? Typical, I seem to recall YOU being against ANY and ALL forms of voter fraud. In fact YOU have been vehement against ANY perceived wrong doing on the Republican side regardless of how few it would affect, yet your willing to give the libs a pass since it really is "only minuscule" You are one pathetic person with a double standard view on life.......

Keeping 200,000 people from voting is voter suppression. The goal is pretty transparent. Liberals are not the ones committing fraud here.

I am in the center, I am not a liberal or a conservative. I like my gun, I am against abortion - and I am against election fraud. The republicans are attempting to influence 200,000 votes. If the democrats are guilty of any fraud here, it will be on the order of a few dozen.

How do *you* suggest this be handled?

Last edited:
  • Banned

Are you insane?

Where is there in this story ANY democratic vote fraud?

It states that a dozen or so cases out of all the years of shakedown turned out to be someone trying to falsely vote.

It says nothing about these peoples predaliction towards a party.

You are the one who cant see past party.

Forum List

Back