Bush is losing the Bushies

"they do not have the guts to do it - and they know they will be voted out in Nov 08"

that is what is called an OPINION. there are no FACTS there.

So the 37.5% rating for Dems is not fact?

of course it is not... it is not a rating for democrats, but a rating of congress..which is made up of nearly equal amounts of both parties.

but your statement that I took issue to and that you then said you were sorry for mixing in facts about...was not a factual statement. do try and keep up with the conversation

of course it is not... it is not a rating for democrats, but a rating of congress..which is made up of nearly equal amounts of both parties.

but your statement that I took issue to and that you then said you were sorry for mixing in facts about...was not a factual statement. do try and keep up with the conversation

Nice spin

The Dems are running both Houses and the voters are not impressed with them

and it isn't spin...the poll asked how people viewed congress...not how they viewed the democrats leading congress.

The voters support a funding bill - not the Dems surrender bill

FACT: the voters supported the funding bill passed by congress and vetoed by the president. THAT bill funded the troops and set non-binding deadlines for troop withdrawal. AND THE VOTERS SUPPORTED THAT BILL AND DID NOT APPROVE OF THE PRESIDENT'S VETO.

FACT: the voters supported the funding bill passed by congress and vetoed by the president. THAT bill funded the troops and set non-binding deadlines for troop withdrawal. AND THE VOTERS SUPPORTED THAT BILL AND DID NOT APPROVE OF THE PRESIDENT'S VETO.

Then one would think Dems would be doing better in the polls

They are not

the funding bill was vetoed...the people still support the democrat's funding bill.

Not this "people"....It was obvious to me that the Dems presented this bill as a political ploy. They knew damn well Bush would veto it because of the pork it contained and I do believe the Dems wanted it that way. Now they can say "Well, Bush doesn't support the troops!"....the billl could have contained provisions for making Ted Kennedy "Queen of the Universe" and the Dems still would have presented it knowing Bush would veto....their intent (imo) was to create this exact scenario at the expense of funding the troops.

Not this "people"....It was obvious to me that the Dems presented this bill as a political ploy. They knew damn well Bush would veto it because of the pork it contained and I do believe the Dems wanted it that way. Now they can say "Well, Bush doesn't support the troops!"....the billl could have contained provisions for making Ted Kennedy "Queen of the Universe" and the Dems still would have presented it knowing Bush would veto....their intent (imo) was to create this exact scenario at the expense of funding the troops.

and they have wasted four months while the troops are in harms way

Forum List

Back