Bush: "I'm Sure People View Me As A Warmonger"

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Psychoblues, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    No shit, sherlock!!!!!!!!

"In Riyadh today, the president danced a traditional sword dance with one of the princes of the royal family. It was a public -- and a little awkward -- display of affection, all part of Bush's first visit to Saudi Arabia aimed at repairing strained relations between the world's biggest oil producer and the world' s biggest oil consumer.

The president sat down with "Nightline" co-anchor Terry Moran at one of the vast royal palaces, and it became clear who holds the cards right now in the oil markets, with the price up near $100 a barrel...

..."I have talked to these leaders face to face," he said. "I have asked them point blank, 'Do you understand how difficult these issues are?' Yes. 'Are you prepared to make the painful political compromises?' They say they are."

Despite that optimism, the president also said that he does feel misunderstood in the Middle East.

"My image [is] 'Bush wants to fight Muslims.' And, yes, I'm concerned about it. Not because of me, personally. I'm concerned because I want most people to understand the great generosity and compassion of Americans," he said.

"I'm sure people view me as a war monger and I view myself as peacemaker," the president said. "They view me as so pro-Israeli I can't be open-minded about Palestinian peace, and yet I'm the only president ever to have articulated a two-state solution. And you just have to fight through stereotypes by actions."

More: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/01/15/bush-im-sure-people-vi_n_81627.html

Before you start pissing your pants and screaming that the Huffington Post is a liberal rag, the quote is from the warmonger, himself. FoxNews loves to quote their prez. I wonder why they have avoided this quote?

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    You missed so many opportunities by not reading all that you posted. :cheers:

3. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    I must admit I was a little surprised that Bush did, in fact, mention the two-state solution. And as far as I know, it's true that no other president has.

4. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770

I'm surprised psychoblues actually knows how to post an article.:cool:

5. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    Bill Clinton put forth a two state solution called the "clinton parameters". It was actually a pretty sucky resolution but it was a two-state solution.

6. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Jimmy Carter tried as well. All this partisan interference by the Reagan, Bush and Bush administrations has not helped.

Bill did as best he could as well. I don't suspect the reich wingers to give credit for any of that. I'm still wondering why they screamed like stuck pigs when Bill fired missles into Afghanistan trying to eliminate the Al Queda problem?????? Only the Lord knows, I guess.

7. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Get your facts straight. Carter brokered the peace between Egypt and Israel.

Anyone with a brain, not just "reich wingers" -- whatever that is -- made noise at Bill firing missiles into the desert and blowing up camels and tents.

8. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,287
    At this point in the Bush imperial presidency, I can only view this action from my cynic's chair. It seems he says and does things now for the conservative revisionist historian. Should anyone say he didn't do this or that, the right wingnuts will point to some quote about how he really cared. Next you'll hear how he helped children, education, poverty, the environment.....

9. CrpRavens30

CrpRavens30 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Please tell me what any liberal has done to help children, education, and poverty?

Goverment and Politicans dont solve those problems.. The people in the communities do.. Handouts dont work.. The only reason they are given now is for the votes..

10. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    I appreciate your cynicism, but I don't think Bush is doing anything for "conservative revisionist historians." Bush doesn't even know what "conservatism" means. If anything, he wants to be seen as a great liberal: he tried to get amnesty for 12-20 million illegals, he passed "No Child Left Behind," he spent more than any other president in history, and so on. Now that he's almost to the end, I'd say his best accomplishment was Roberts.