Bush: "I'm Sure People View Me As A Warmonger"

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
No shit, sherlock!!!!!!!!

"In Riyadh today, the president danced a traditional sword dance with one of the princes of the royal family. It was a public -- and a little awkward -- display of affection, all part of Bush's first visit to Saudi Arabia aimed at repairing strained relations between the world's biggest oil producer and the world' s biggest oil consumer.

The president sat down with "Nightline" co-anchor Terry Moran at one of the vast royal palaces, and it became clear who holds the cards right now in the oil markets, with the price up near $100 a barrel...

..."I have talked to these leaders face to face," he said. "I have asked them point blank, 'Do you understand how difficult these issues are?' Yes. 'Are you prepared to make the painful political compromises?' They say they are."

Despite that optimism, the president also said that he does feel misunderstood in the Middle East.

"My image [is] 'Bush wants to fight Muslims.' And, yes, I'm concerned about it. Not because of me, personally. I'm concerned because I want most people to understand the great generosity and compassion of Americans," he said.

"I'm sure people view me as a war monger and I view myself as peacemaker," the president said. "They view me as so pro-Israeli I can't be open-minded about Palestinian peace, and yet I'm the only president ever to have articulated a two-state solution. And you just have to fight through stereotypes by actions."

More: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/01/15/bush-im-sure-people-vi_n_81627.html

Before you start pissing your pants and screaming that the Huffington Post is a liberal rag, the quote is from the warmonger, himself. FoxNews loves to quote their prez. I wonder why they have avoided this quote?

"In Riyadh today, the president danced a traditional sword dance with one of the princes of the royal family. It was a public -- and a little awkward -- display of affection, all part of Bush's first visit to Saudi Arabia aimed at repairing strained relations between the world's biggest oil producer and the world' s biggest oil consumer.

The president sat down with "Nightline" co-anchor Terry Moran at one of the vast royal palaces, and it became clear who holds the cards right now in the oil markets, with the price up near $100 a barrel...

..."I have talked to these leaders face to face," he said. "I have asked them point blank, 'Do you understand how difficult these issues are?' Yes. 'Are you prepared to make the painful political compromises?' They say they are."

Despite that optimism, the president also said that he does feel misunderstood in the Middle East.

"My image [is] 'Bush wants to fight Muslims.' And, yes, I'm concerned about it. Not because of me, personally. I'm concerned because I want most people to understand the great generosity and compassion of Americans," he said.

"I'm sure people view me as a war monger and I view myself as peacemaker," the president said. "They view me as so pro-Israeli I can't be open-minded about Palestinian peace, and yet I'm the only president ever to have articulated a two-state solution. And you just have to fight through stereotypes by actions."

More: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/01/15/bush-im-sure-people-vi_n_81627.html

Before you start pissing your pants and screaming that the Huffington Post is a liberal rag, the quote is from the warmonger, himself. FoxNews loves to quote their prez. I wonder why they have avoided this quote?

You missed so many opportunities by not reading all that you posted. :cheers:

I must admit I was a little surprised that Bush did, in fact, mention the two-state solution. And as far as I know, it's true that no other president has.

Jimmy Carter tried as well. All this partisan interference by the Reagan, Bush and Bush administrations has not helped.

Bill Clinton put forth a two state solution called the "clinton parameters". It was actually a pretty sucky resolution but it was a two-state solution.

Bill did as best he could as well. I don't suspect the reich wingers to give credit for any of that. I'm still wondering why they screamed like stuck pigs when Bill fired missles into Afghanistan trying to eliminate the Al Queda problem?????? Only the Lord knows, I guess.

Jimmy Carter tried as well. All this partisan interference by the Reagan, Bush and Bush administrations has not helped.

Bill did as best he could as well. I don't suspect the reich wingers to give credit for any of that. I'm still wondering why they screamed like stuck pigs when Bill fired missles into Afghanistan trying to eliminate the Al Queda problem?????? Only the Lord knows, I guess.

Get your facts straight. Carter brokered the peace between Egypt and Israel.

Anyone with a brain, not just "reich wingers" -- whatever that is -- made noise at Bill firing missiles into the desert and blowing up camels and tents.

At this point in the Bush imperial presidency, I can only view this action from my cynic's chair. It seems he says and does things now for the conservative revisionist historian. Should anyone say he didn't do this or that, the right wingnuts will point to some quote about how he really cared. Next you'll hear how he helped children, education, poverty, the environment.....

At this point in the Bush imperial presidency, I can only view this action from my cynic's chair. It seems he says and does things now for the conservative revisionist historian. Should anyone say he didn't do this or that, the right wingnuts will point to some quote about how he really cared. Next you'll hear how he helped children, education, poverty, the environment.....

Please tell me what any liberal has done to help children, education, and poverty?

Goverment and Politicans dont solve those problems.. The people in the communities do.. Handouts dont work.. The only reason they are given now is for the votes..

I appreciate your cynicism, but I don't think Bush is doing anything for "conservative revisionist historians." Bush doesn't even know what "conservatism" means. If anything, he wants to be seen as a great liberal: he tried to get amnesty for 12-20 million illegals, he passed "No Child Left Behind," he spent more than any other president in history, and so on. Now that he's almost to the end, I'd say his best accomplishment was Roberts.

I will bet if you ask him to name the two states, he will be wrong. :eusa_doh:

From one of his latest verbal gaffes: "When history was written" talking about his war in Iraq.

And yes he is a warmonger. He is now worried about his legacy. He ain't got one worth a piss.

PS. I don't think I have much admiration for the little rich boy who was given everything and screwed all that he was given up.

Medicare, medicaid and social security are three examples that conservatives now want to eliminate.

NOT TRUE! I have never viewed gw as anything other than a well documented idiot. He giveth himself far too much credit.

:eusa_think:
Get your facts straight. Carter brokered the peace between Egypt and Israel.

Anyone with a brain, not just "reich wingers" -- whatever that is -- made noise at Bill firing missiles into the desert and blowing up camels and tents.

Bill fired nothing. his generals did....at the behest of the Repub congress....:razz:

Bill was firing at Al Queda, an organization forgotten by the Bush cabal until 9/11. History will not be kind to the idiots that cursed Bill yet choose to praise the 'lil one that ignored the warnings.

Bill fired nothing. his generals did....at the behest of the Repub congress....:razz:

Take it to the bank, doc, the shrub screwed the goose but his supporters and enablers are in a very precarious historical position.

Then why was Clinton being accused by Republican pundits of doing it to deflect attention from the Monica Lewinsky affair? They could just as easily stated that he was weak and had to let Congress run the country because of the tabloidesque atmosphere.

Bush is definitely concerned about how history will perceive him. Today marked day 366 of the days remaining in this boy-man's time in office.
In a long interview last week in WaPo, he went on and on about his legacy, about not being accurately judged for decades and decades; he referenced Lincoln (apparently he's skipped straight from his Washington fascination into Lincoln), another Prez who is still being studied (his words). Therefore, he cares not how he is perceived now; it's tomorrow that will see the wisdom of his ME efforts, that all he's ever wanted to achieve was the spread of liberty (again his words...paraphrased, of course). [Notice how his ideological litany has gone from freedom to democracy to liberty.)
Bush the Lesser lost all credibility with the lies of his war and with the ineptitude evidenced with Katrina. He's been struggling to resuscitate himself ever since. His ego is such that his remaining time will be spent on trying to save himself further embarrassment, to avoid a recession with his bandaid rebate idea, and to hope Iraq doesn't flare into a conflagration, all the while temporizing with his Iranophobia.

"How long, oh, Lord, how long?"

Bush is definitely concerned about how history will perceive him. Today marked day 366 of the days remaining in this boy-man's time in office.
In a long interview last week in WaPo, he went on and on about his legacy, about not being accurately judged for decades and decades; he referenced Lincoln (apparently he's skipped straight from his Washington fascination into Lincoln), another Prez who is still being studied (his words). Therefore, he cares not how he is perceived now; it's tomorrow that will see the wisdom of his ME efforts, that all he's ever wanted to achieve was the spread of liberty (again his words...paraphrased, of course). [Notice how his ideological litany has gone from freedom to democracy to liberty.)
Bush the Lesser lost all credibility with the lies of his war and with the ineptitude evidenced with Katrina. He's been struggling to resuscitate himself ever since. His ego is such that his remaining time will be spent on trying to save himself further embarrassment, to avoid a recession with his bandaid rebate idea, and to hope Iraq doesn't flare into a conflagration, all the while temporizing with his Iranophobia.

"How long, oh, Lord, how long?"
Why do you think he is pushing Israel and Palestine into peace talks? He wants to go out with a bang.

Forum List

Back