BUSH CRIES UNCLE, No Torture for Terrorists

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Psychoblues, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    He threatened to veto the bill if the McCain language was included in it. He pissed and cried about abilities to extract information and damage to troop morale and generally accepted interrogation technigues and even brought it up that the enemy does it to us.

Really now, Americans are bigger than torture. Than can be no better example of that than John McCain. He actually served in Viet Nam, was taken prisoner of war and severely tortured by his captors. He doesn't believe in information given during torture excercises. It's actually elementary to him, and to me, that information of that kind is totally untrustworthy.

I've tried a few times to explain all that here in USMB but was severely ostracised for having done so. For all you war-mongering believers in torture and the benefits thereof, I hope you were paying attention as the President backed down and finally agreed that true Americans don't cotton or cater to terrorism or otherwise torture. We're bigger than that.

Psychoblues

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Hagbard Celine

Hagbard Celine Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Oh my God! The US government finally agrees that it is wrong to torture fellow human beings. What a freaking giant revelation! Bush is a tool!

3. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,211
    Please you people make me sick.

Do you honestly think this is anything other than McCain voting politics? Do you think anyone could vote against what has been proclaimed the "Anti-Torture" bill?

The fact is, Americans didn't torture prisoners before. We don't torture prisoners now, and we won't in the future. But you have now added a bunch of things that aren't torture to the list of things that make our job to protect America tougher.

Besides, this bill can't be that good at eliminating torture. You guys are still talking.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. Hagbard Celine

Hagbard Celine Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Open your eyes fool. Nine senators voted against the anti-torture bill. Our government got caught red-handed in the Abu-Graib scandal. And the most recent revelation is that our government has secret prisons all around the planet. What do you think goes on in those places? You think they are getting day-spa treatments? You imbecile!

5. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Yea you know why they voted for this thing and Bush couldnt Veto it? They lathced it on the Armed Forces Appropriations Bill. MEaning if Bush vetoed it, it would have been a daily commercial saying "Bush vetoed the bill that sends funds directly to our troops. Impeach Bush now."

This was politics at its most disgusting. Don't let a bill stand on its own. Attach to an essential bill and then put everyone in a compromised voting position. I fucking hate Washington.

6. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,804

How was our government caught "red-handed" in the Abu-Graib scandal? It was the US army that broke the story and made it public. There was never any systematic torture going on there. Just one night of some dumbasses humiliating inmates....and they were being investigated long before it became international news. It was liberal spin that made it out to be our military was systematically 'torturing' this poor poor people....and people like you bought into it. As far as the CIA having "secret prisons" in Europe....hmm what are they supposed to do, annouce publicly 'hey we're holding Terror_suspect01 at XXX!!" I also have a hard time believing European intel agencies didn't know about these places. Its just something for their politicians to howl about to gain public support for appearing anti-american.

7. Nienna

Nienna Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    Hey, what ever happeneed to the "line-item veto?" Couldn't he have used that here? Maybe I don't really understand how that works.

8. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356

me neither. Bills should be individual anyway. All this piling on is just so they can slip things past the public without us knowing.

9. Jimmyeatworld

Jimmyeatworld Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    It's too bad you don't pay attention to what you are posting about. Essentially, nothing has changed in U.S. policy when it comes to interrogating terrorists. Things like sleep deprevation are not considered torture, and that is nothing different from the policy they already had. President Bush didn't back down from anything, he just cemented what the official U.S. policy was regarding torture, prisoners, and terrorists.

Oh, as far as being "bigger" or "better than that", I don't know of any Americans beheading anyone. We've been "better than that" for a long time.

10. BATMAN

BATMAN Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    And knowing Bush, countless other planets as well. :tinfoil: