Bush at his Dumbest

GunnyL said:
Posted by T-bor:

Look what we have here .... the two biggest morons on this board, probably in this Nation, giving each other a handjob. Isn't that cute.:rolleyes:

And the quote of the day is:

Well, aren't you the genius? Since by law he can serve only two terms, I guess that's a foregone conclusion. But YOU go ahead and keep living in your little world where he's going to be beaten in the 2008 Presidential election.:321:

Dumbass.

Look its GunnyL in Iraq.

Removed for inappropriate copulation with farm animals

:finger3:

DFresh said:

Dude, keep crap like this up and you will be banned. You want to talk about the lack of intelligence of President Bush then fine. We will discuss it. But if the extent of your arguments is to attack posters and accuse them of having sex with animals then you wont be sticking around.

T-Bor said:
Why should I respect him. Cause a bunch of idiots voted him in to office. Sorry I have zero respect for him. I wouldnt even let him through my front door. He deserves zero respect because he is a blithering degenerate.

Yet you cant even seem to figure out why he is such a blithering degenerate. My guess is you are just jealous of his speaking ability. Because you seem to think that is what is the most important part of him.

Yet you clearly ignore the fact that he has impecable character, an ability to relate with the people, and the ability to accomplish what he wants to do.

Some degenerate. What exactly does that say about yourself when you cant even beat someone you think is subhuman?

Seriously this irrational hatred, and believe me there is nothing rational about any sort of hatred, is ridiculous. Provide some reason other than "Bush is stupid" for your position or shut the heck up.

Dude, keep crap like this up and you will be banned. You want to talk about the lack of intelligence of President Bush then fine. We will discuss it. But if the extent of your arguments is to attack posters and accuse them of having sex with animals then you wont be sticking around.

No Avatar...wait....

Gunny is the one recording the Iraqi with the donkey.

Shut the fuck up Avatar....you dumb shit

DFresh said:

See you on January 13.

banned.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
GotZoom said:
That is the best you can do?

Weak.

But then again, that is what we have come to expect from you.

He had a chance. Thanks for pulling the trigger Jeff.

And yeah it is weak. But what do you expect when you have no intellectual backing to anything you think or do?

Mr.Conley said:
George Bush is not dumb. Nor is he our dumbest president. That honor falls on William Henry "Lets Give a 2 Hour Long Inaugural Address in a Blizzard and Die of Pneumonia Two Weeks Later" Harrison. While President Bush does have a speech impediment, he still managed to graduate from Andover, Yale, and Harvard Business School, something I doubt you have accomplished. As well, despite what many would like to admit, he has accomplished a lot during his term. No Child Left Behind, for all its flaws, is a step in the right direction. Considering that he inhereted the recession after the largest economic boom in history, he has managed to do remarkably well with the economy. He quickly responded after 9/11 occured. He crafted a supple compromise in the immigration debate. He proposed what is probably the most daring social security reform ever. He and Karl Rove established a GOP majority the likes of which we haven't seen in a century. While many people disagree with many of the President's policies, his record still shows that he is anything but dumb. If all a liberal such as yourself can find to criticise Bush is a tape of his verbal missteps, then not only are you insulting the thousands of people with speeching and language disabilities, you are disrespecting yourself.

I wouldn't call him dumb, but he is moderately intelligent at best. Your citing policies as if they were all his ideas. To me, he comes across as the mouthpiece for Karl Rove. HE IS JUST AS MUCH OF A POLITICIAN AS BILL CLINTON WAS, he just reaches a different demographic. His appeal is in the stuttering and limited vocabulary-- people can relate to him, they can see him as some sort of a Washington outsider because he is not polished.

I'd love to put him in the public debates that Tony Blair has to withstand in British Government. There's no filter there and you have to know your shit like the back of your hand. He wouldn't last a day there unless they put a wire in his ear that leads to Karl Rove's office.

liberalogic said:
I wouldn't call him dumb, but he is moderately intelligent at best. Your citing policies as if they were all his ideas. To me, he comes across as the mouthpiece for Karl Rove. HE IS JUST AS MUCH OF A POLITICIAN AS BILL CLINTON WAS, he just reaches a different demographic. His appeal is in the stuttering and limited vocabulary-- people can relate to him, they can see him as some sort of a Washington outsider because he is not polished.

I'd love to put him in the public debates that Tony Blair has to withstand in British Government. There's no filter there and you have to know your shit like the back of your hand. He wouldn't last a day there unless they put a wire in his ear that leads to Karl Rove's office.

I bet he would probably surprise you. It amazes me how many people still underestimate him.

liberalogic said:

One of the biggest problems liberals have is focussing on irrelevant stuff. Bush is hardly dumb, and I at least didn't vote for President based on speaking ability.

In case you missed it, when Bush debated Kerry, everyone thought Kerry won the debate, and he STILL lost the presidential race. Debating and speaking skills are not prerequisite to the Presidency.

Tony Blair was brought up in system where debating skills ARE required; therefore, he learned from Day One.

DFresh said:

Tsk, Tsk, one of my own friends coming here and flipping off a mod! Shoot me an email and let me know how it feels to look in from the outside! LOL

You may be back, but you'll be paying :laugh:

Dr.Grump said:
I have a whole link worth of quotes that shows how "intelligent" he is. Getting into Yale on a pledge doesn't mean you are bright, it means you got through on a pledge. And to quote Bush himself when he addressed Yale students (and I'm paraphrasing the first sentence, the second is verbatim) "To those students who finished top of their class, well done. For you C students, you too can one day be president of the United States." Got a big cheer, too. Being a C student at Yale would be considered a fail by many.
Okay, so my argument is that George Bush graduated (note I said graduated, he admittedly had it easy gaining admittance) from the top high school and business school in the country. Admittedly his college wasn't very good. He also hired excellent advisors and crafted policy in every area of government.

Your argument is that he has a speech impediment and a few other unsubstanciated assumptions.

Also, while admittedly a C would be considered a failling grade by Yale students, that still places him above at least the majority of people in the rest of the country.

Bush is not an eloquent man, but he's not dumb, or at least not any dumber than Gore or Kerry, who IIRC both got worse grades in school. I'd much rather have a dimwit president who respects the constitution instead of a president who's intelligence leads him to think he can micromanage every citizen's problems. Not that Bush or any other president in the last 80 years fits that description, mind you.

liberalogic said:
While I admire you for sticking to your opinion, I suggest you look at President Bush's record before making intelligence judgments.

Regardless of whether the policies 'were all his ideas,' he still managed to assemble a good team and select at least understandable policies.

I'm glad to know that you think President Bush is Karl Rove's mouthpiece, but just because you hold an opinion doesn't make it true.
liberalogic said:
It would be nice. That highlights the difference between American Democracy and Parliamentary democracy. In America, the executive and legislative branches are seperated. The legislature is responsible for making law and setting most policies, the President is in charge of enforcement. Under our system, technically the President doesn't have a say in how Congress goes about its business, but because the parties are responsible for setting the legislative agenda, and the President is the head of one of the two major parties, he holds significant influence. However, since the Constitution doesn't 'officially' recognize the impact the president has on the legislative process, he is not allowed to formally participate except for in the state of the union.
In Britain, however, the executive is made up of members of the legislative, Tony Blair is a member of Parliament. The executive is subject to the legislative. Once you factor in that Great Britain has no Constitution or Basic Law which it must follow, the British system allows for a surprising amount of flexibility (though precedence and tradition are then allowed to play a disproportionate role thus establishing set proceedings) that eventually resulted in the government we see there today.

Personally, I prefer our own system, I would rather have seperate, independent legislative and executive branches. I think it is better that our executive can focus on enforcing the law and relys on like-minded legislators to defend his positions. That allows the executive to focus on managing the day-to-day operations of the government.

Mr.Conley said:
Your argument is that he has a speech impediment and a few other unsubstanciated assumptions.

No, I do not think he has a speech impediment at all. I think he is inarticulate and sounds, well dumb, and it is because he isn't that bright. Hearing him speak on the giggle box, as well as reading interviews, is hardly unsubstantiated and hardly an assumption.

Mr.Conley said:
Also, while admittedly a C would be considered a failling grade by Yale students, that still places him above at least the majority of people in the rest of the country.

How? Are you trying to tell me that a course at Yale is better than others in the country? By what standard? Some of those Ivy Leagues are losing their gloss a bit. A degree is a degree no matter where it is from. I'd hire a person who got straight A's at a college like UCLA or similar non-Ivy League colleges, over a C student at Yale or Princeton...

Mr.Conley said:
Regardless of whether the policies 'were all his ideas,' he still managed to assemble a good team and select at least understandable policies.

I don't agree that Bush has a great team, but they are definitely leading him, not the other way around.

Might I add here that even though I think Bush has had his life handed to him on a plate, and up until he found God was just a spoiled little rich kid, I actually think he is an inoffensive person. He seems amiable enough and seems genuine in his beliefs. He certainly seems nice as does Laura, compared to a lot of politicians. I liked Clinton better as a president, but I think Bush is a better person.

Forum List

Back