CDZ Burkini ban overturned

Status
Not open for further replies.
...... I watched a woman get caned by the "morality police" in Saudia Arabia once , because her ankles showed under her bag.

Disgusting.
And I saw a young couple fornicating at the back of a bus, and also being told that I'm a lecherous bastard because of the bulge in my trousers when viewing a topless girl in the centre of town, both instances here, in the west. Disgusting. Perhaps if we get to the discussion table we and the Muslims can come up with some sensible laws on a variety of issues. If we're lucky we might not feel the compulsion to bomb them out of existence after all.

Its the right decision. Nobody should be able to tell you what to wear.

Really? If you go to a host of Muslim countries, and you're a woman, you're taking your life in your hands if you don't wear a head covering.
What do the laws of 'a host of Muslim countries' have to do with France? Why not clean up our own house first.

If someone comes into your house do you conform to their wishes or do you ask them to conform to yours? If a person takes their shoes off in their home, like the Japanese as an example, do you take your shoes off? Or do you leave them on? If a Muslim comes to my country I expect them to conform to our societal norms. If they want to keep their women in thrall inside their homes and Mosques I have no problem with that. I DO have a problem with them continuing that out in the world at large.

If someone comes into your house do you conform to their wishes or do you ask them to conform to yours? ......
We are talking about entering someone's home where you are told that you are not allowed to smoke .... yet family members of the house are smoking like a rubber factory bent on making Friday's deadline. It is called, discrimination.

If someone comes into your house do you conform to their wishes or do you ask them to conform to yours? ......
We are talking about entering someone's home where you are told that you are not allowed to smoke .... yet family members of the house are smoking like a rubber factory bent on making Friday's deadline. It is called, discrimination.

It is? Why? You have the option to leave.

It is? Why?
You don't understand why that is discrimination?
haha.gif

You have the option to leave.
....... or report you to the police. I'm thinking reporting you to the police is the best option. Don't you think so too?

It is? Why?
You don't understand why that is discrimination?
haha.gif

You have the option to leave.
....... or report you to the police. I'm thinking reporting you to the police is the best option. Don't you think so too?

Yes, it is discrimination on private property. Guess what in almost all cases that ain't against the law. The only time the law cares is when the victim has no other recourse.

I said it before and I'll say it again:
If the French (or anyone else) are worried about full coverage clothing concealing a weapon, I can understand that .... but what about beach bags, rucksacks, and baggy pantaloons? Are these suspicious articles only when in the possession of 'some' but not 'all'?

No, actually it's called US history. See, that's why we are called the melting pot. People from around the world have ALWAYS came here , dumped the worst of their former country and added the best to our society, making us a great nation.

The Muslims , however, have no desire to do that. They wish to reject what is best about our country and give us what is the worst about their own. I love , for example, Middle Eastern cuisine, I welcome that part of their culture into our country. Beating women? Not so much.

France's top court suspends burkini ban

I'm an atheist and I have no love for Islam, or silly religious traditions. That said, telling people what to wear at the beach is incredibly stupid. French court checked the overreach of the French executive govt. here, and that will do more to stem the tide of Islamic extremism than the ban itself.

What say you?
Um, I an a atheist, too. I generally don't care either. Western counties should allow burkins, And Muslim countries should allow atheistic free thought . Is that gonna happen?

Muslim countries will likely never allow free thought, open homosexuality, secularism, etc. But that's not the standard by which I judge civilized people.

No, actually it's called US history. See, that's why we are called the melting pot. People from around the world have ALWAYS came here , dumped the worst of their former country and added the best to our society, making us a great nation.

The Muslims , however, have no desire to do that. They wish to reject what is best about our country and give us what is the worst about their own. I love , for example, Middle Eastern cuisine, I welcome that part of their culture into our country. Beating women? Not so much.

The "best" and "worst" are subjective. Almost all can agree that beating women is the "worst" and should be left behind. Anything that harms or goes against the reasonable will of others should be left behind. But assuming that immigrants to our country should abandon all forms of dress from their home country, or abandon religious traditions that don't harm others, or decorate their home a certain way, is not American at all. The exact reason America is great is because we're not all the same. It's a land of immigrants where cultures don't blend, they exist together.

The "best" and "worst" are subjective. Almost all can agree that beating women is the "worst" and should be left behind. Anything that harms or goes against the reasonable will of others should be left behind. But assuming that immigrants to our country should abandon all forms of dress from their home country, or abandon religious traditions that don't harm others, or decorate their home a certain way, is not American at all. The exact reason America is great is because we're not all the same. It's a land of immigrants where cultures don't blend, they exist together.

I certainly don't consider all forms of traditional dress to be the "worst" of any culture, but we can agree that the burqa is a form of dress that degrades women and has no place in free society.

I certainly don't consider all forms of traditional dress to be the "worst" of any culture, but we can agree that the burqa is a form of dress that degrades women and has no place in free society.

I agree with that, but you can't force women to stop wearing them with a law. Many, if not most, women wear them by choice (after years of indoctrination, naturally). Similarly, women in the U.S. who are fundamentalist Christians (or even not so fundamentalist) accept a subservient position to men willingly, because they've been forcefed a religion that preaches that. We're throwing rocks in a glass house on that issue.

Muslim countries will likely never allow free thought, open homosexuality, secularism, etc. But that's not the standard by which I judge civilized people.
A strange thing to say. There are already about a dozen 'Muslim' countries that are secular. I have been to maybe half of them myself.

I agree with that, but you can't force women to stop wearing them with a law. Many, if not most, women wear them by choice (after years of indoctrination, naturally). Similarly, women in the U.S. who are fundamentalist Christians (or even not so fundamentalist) accept a subservient position to men willingly, because they've been forcefed a religion that preaches that. We're throwing rocks in a glass house on that issue.

no glass houses for me on this one Gary. I don't believe ANY religion ought be able to demand subservience of women , even if those women "consent" for the simple reason that you know they consent under duress.

The "best" and "worst" are subjective. Almost all can agree that beating women is the "worst" and should be left behind. ... .
I agree with you but what I think almost everyone misses is the 'reason' (naw 'reason' isn't exactly the word I'm looking for) why women are physically abused by their husbands. It is exactly the same misconception with historical, American racism and Apartheid in South Africa. I'm talking about the law. Apartheid was the law, black Americans in the south were not protected by law, and physical abuse against women by husbands in most Muslim countries is the law. There is the problem. Racism and women beating is found in every nation in the world. It is the question of legality that is the fundamental problem.

The "best" and "worst" are subjective. Almost all can agree that beating women is the "worst" and should be left behind. ... .
I agree with you but what I think almost everyone misses is the 'reason' (naw 'reason' isn't exactly the word I'm looking for) why women are physically abused by their husbands. It is exactly the same misconception with historical, American racism and Apartheid in South Africa. I'm talking about the law. Apartheid was the law, black Americans in the south were not protected by law, and physical abuse against women by husbands in most Muslim countries is the law. There is the problem. Racism and women beating is found in every nation in the world. It is the question of legality that is the fundamental problem.

Not only can you beat your own wife/daughters/sisters in many of these countries, but they actually have police who will do it for you.... SICK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back