“BUNDY RANCH” TYPE STANDOFF BREWING IN SOUTHERN OREGON BETWEEN MINERS AND BLM

Good...maybe there will be some dead traitors in the end. I wonder if these teapers will use women as human shields like they threatened on the Bundy ranch.

Teaper sedition needs to be stopped by any means necessary to restore the GOP and these United States

As one that lives in Oregon and has a strong interest in geology, I have seen this contest between those that believe they have the right to destroy any and all in the search for gold, and those of us that would maintain a livable environment. Really, what needs to happen, is that these people be arrested for the damage they have already done, and their equipment be seized and sold to cover part of that damage.

There has to be more to this story.

Yep:

Link to quote below:

Gold miner Cliff Tracy wants to dig in again on critical salmon stream in southwest Oregon OregonLive.com

"Tracy, 39, has tried since 1996 to mine on the 5-acre site next to Sucker Creek, and says his right to mine on public lands is guaranteed by the law that helped settle the West: the federal General Mining Act of 1872.

With the price of gold at all-time highs, about $1,500 an ounce, Tracy says the Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management can get today's miners to restore old-timer mining sites like the ones that line Sucker Creek. If the agencies continue stalling permits, he says, they risk more miners taking matters into their own hands.

"The cause I'm promoting here is not anarchy," Tracy says. "I have been trying to work with them for 14 years, and I'm still willing to cooperate."

Conservation groups have a different take. Sucker Creek is one of Oregon's top streams for chinook, steelhead, cutthroat trout and wild coastal coho, listed as threatened under the U.S. Endangered Species Act."

And here:

Summary of Criminal Prosecutions Enforcement US EPA

I know.

I went to the OP link. It's far right wing site and there's not much truth to what they're saying.

They don't mention any word about what they're doing and why the government is involved. All they talk about is that a mine has been there since the 1870s and existed before the endangered species act. That doesn't excuse or make it right to violate the law.

I went and did my own research on what's going on there and found what you found.

It's all about salmon and the endangered species act.

Coho salmon are endangered. In fact many streams at one time had only as much as a dozen salmon return each year and only a few of those were female. On one run only one female returned and she's considered the "Eve" of that run now. Her eggs were used to help rebuild that run of coho salmon. All salmon in that spawning ground are from her eggs that were taken a decade or so ago.

No one has the right to destroy the fishing industry and sport. No one has the right to destroy salmon spawning areas and kill salmon eggs.

They're breaking the law and I hope they are stopped.
Very informative

As one that lives in Oregon and has a strong interest in geology, I have seen this contest between those that believe they have the right to destroy any and all in the search for gold, and those of us that would maintain a livable environment. Really, what needs to happen, is that these people be arrested for the damage they have already done, and their equipment be seized and sold to cover part of that damage.

Hey neighbor! I'm just north of you in Washington.

If you've lived there for any length of time you know what I know.

That salmon are endangered. You also know what it takes for salmon eggs to mature and a hatch.

You also know how very important salmon are for our way of life here in the Pacific Northwest.

The fishing industry has taken so many big hits in the last few decades and there's not much left of the industry.

Commercial salmon licenses that were at one time worth millions and passed from one generation to another are now not worth as much and most of the people who commercially fished don't fish anymore.

It's because of people like the ones at that creek. They don't give a damn about anyone else. Just themselves and money. They don't care that they bankrupt people and destroy families. What's important to them is money.

It's disgusting. I hope those people are arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

There has to be more to this story.

Yep:

Link to quote below:

Gold miner Cliff Tracy wants to dig in again on critical salmon stream in southwest Oregon OregonLive.com

"Tracy, 39, has tried since 1996 to mine on the 5-acre site next to Sucker Creek, and says his right to mine on public lands is guaranteed by the law that helped settle the West: the federal General Mining Act of 1872.

With the price of gold at all-time highs, about $1,500 an ounce, Tracy says the Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management can get today's miners to restore old-timer mining sites like the ones that line Sucker Creek. If the agencies continue stalling permits, he says, they risk more miners taking matters into their own hands.

"The cause I'm promoting here is not anarchy," Tracy says. "I have been trying to work with them for 14 years, and I'm still willing to cooperate."

Conservation groups have a different take. Sucker Creek is one of Oregon's top streams for chinook, steelhead, cutthroat trout and wild coastal coho, listed as threatened under the U.S. Endangered Species Act."

And here:

Summary of Criminal Prosecutions Enforcement US EPA

I know.

I went to the OP link. It's far right wing site and there's not much truth to what they're saying.

They don't mention any word about what they're doing and why the government is involved. All they talk about is that a mine has been there since the 1870s and existed before the endangered species act. That doesn't excuse or make it right to violate the law.

I went and did my own research on what's going on there and found what you found.

It's all about salmon and the endangered species act.

Coho salmon are endangered. In fact many streams at one time had only as much as a dozen salmon return each year and only a few of those were female. On one run only one female returned and she's considered the "Eve" of that run now. Her eggs were used to help rebuild that run of coho salmon. All salmon in that spawning ground are from her eggs that were taken a decade or so ago.

No one has the right to destroy the fishing industry and sport. No one has the right to destroy salmon spawning areas and kill salmon eggs.

They're breaking the law and I hope they are stopped.
Very informative

Thank you.

More like the feds want to steal the gold.....
How does that work? It is federal property. The feds already own the gold. The gold belongs to the people. We allow miners to extract the gold in exchange for a percentage of the gold. Because it is our gold and our land, we insist certain rules are followed to extract the gold, and specifically, where the gold can be extracted from. There are long lines of citizens waiting in line to obtain permission to extract gold from our land in the manner that we have demanded. Why should we succumb to someones lawless behaviour and unwillingness to accept our rules that protect our lands from abuse?

How does that work? It is federal property. The feds already own the gold. The gold belongs to the people. We allow miners to extract the gold in exchange for a percentage of the gold. Because it is our gold and our land, we insist certain rules are followed to extract the gold, and specifically, where the gold can be extracted from. There are long lines of citizens waiting in line to obtain permission to extract gold from our land in the manner that we have demanded. Why should we succumb to someones lawless behaviour and unwillingness to accept our rules that protect our lands from abuse?
The miners and the miners company has existed BEFORE the feds decided to be bullies and attempt to steal it....try again.

The miners and the miners company has existed BEFORE the feds decided to be bullies and attempt to steal it....try again.
The miners and miners company didn't exist before the people gained possession of the land. The rules and regulations were in place long before this particular miner showed up. You are just talking out of your ass. The miner knew before he applied for a mining claim what the rules and regulations were. He agreed to follow them when he applied for permission to mine. And you keep using the word "steal". The land in question is our land. It belongs to the American people. We paid the cost of getting it and we pay the cost of maintaining it. It isn't the miners land and it never was. Why you are arguing for the right of one person to abuse and screw up the value of our lands seems weird. You seem like one of those folks who hate government so much that even when they do the right thing you whine and complain. When the fire truck responds to a fire or an ambulance is rushing someone to the hospital you probably are one of those folks who complain about the sound of the siren.

I just want to comment so I can come back and see all the authoritarians encourage the police to shoot people down. I'm sure this is the type of thread that will happen in a lot.
Yes these threads always attract the cop haters, who claim the cops should kill all the people who live in the area.

They issued a cease and desist order that has no legal authority. The courts didn't authorize it...so who did? On what grounds?

Screw the sheriff.

The miners and miners company didn't exist before the people gained possession of the land. The rules and regulations were in place long before this particular miner showed up. You are just talking out of your ass. The miner knew before he applied for a mining claim what the rules and regulations were. He agreed to follow them when he applied for permission to mine. And you keep using the word "steal". The land in question is our land. It belongs to the American people. We paid the cost of getting it and we pay the cost of maintaining it. It isn't the miners land and it never was. Why you are arguing for the right of one person to abuse and screw up the value of our lands seems weird. You seem like one of those folks who hate government so much that even when they do the right thing you whine and complain. When the fire truck responds to a fire or an ambulance is rushing someone to the hospital you probably are one of those folks who complain about the sound of the siren.
The miners are Americans too. It certainly doesn't belong to YOU, welfare baby. You've never paid a dollar in taxes in your life.

The miners are Americans too. It certainly doesn't belong to YOU, welfare baby. You've never paid a dollar in taxes in your life.

Sez trailer park grl

They issued a cease and desist order that has no legal authority. The courts didn't authorize it...so who did? On what grounds?

Screw the sheriff.
This should be good. Show us a link so we know what the heck you are spouting off about.

It belongs to all of us. Taxes don't make a difference.

Screw the sheriff.
This should be good. Show us a link so we know what the heck you are spouting off about.
Did you not read the OP?

Let's refresh your memory (of course, we all know you haven't read shite on this topic, but we'll pretend you did):

" BLM officials accompanied by Josephine County Sheriff deputies issued a cease and desist order to the district without any official ruling by the courts."

Last edited:
It belongs to all of us. Taxes don't make a difference.
It doesn't belong to you, trust me.

Screw the sheriff.
Did you not read the OP?

Let's refresh your memory (of course, we all know you haven't read shite on this topic, but we'll pretend you did):

" BLM officials accompanied by Josephine County Sheriff deputies issued a cease and desist order to the district without any official ruling by the courts."
I did read the OP. It gives absolutely no evidence that the cease and desist order is not proper or invalid other than the claims of the recipients opinion. For all we know these are the kind of folks who don't recognize courts. So, you don't really have a link to show that the cease and desist order is not a valid court order. All you have is an unsubstantiated blurb from a tea party blog site.

Forum List

Back