Bullied Middle Schoolers Take Lives In Suicide Pact

It's unfortunate that the schools don't do more to protect bullied kids, and it's obviously ridiculous that the victim is treated as an offender as well, but at the end of the day you are responsible for yourself because you have to take care of A-number-1.

I don't believe there's any such thing as an unfair fight, because you do what you have to do to win. So if you're being bullied by someone and you don't think you can take them 1-on-1, then you bring something to assist you and you make SURE you take them. And I don't mean a gun or knife. Even if it's just something to pack your fist.

It's time these kids started sticking up for themselves and fighting back.

What do you think schools should "do more" to protect bullied kids?.

Almost every kid in school will identify themself as being bullied at one time or another.

Here is a link to the school's web page

Marshall Middle School > Home

There is a school nurse, two counsellors, a psychologist, and a "harrassment form" that you can get online. The entire staff can be contacted via email.

I think its time to step away from blaming the gawddamn school: The public is doing all it can to keep these people happy, but its very clear that NO MATTER WHAT, there will be people that are so disturbed/confused that there's NOTHING that ANYONE can do with them.

The majority of my post was about the kids sticking up for themselves. The only part about the school doing more was in regards to having a better policy than what most of them have, where the victim is often treated as a co-offender.

My dad told me when I was a kid that if someone was bullying me I had his permission to do whatever I needed to do to fight back and defend myself, and that I wouldn't be in any trouble at home for anything I got in trouble for at school over it.

These kids and parents spend so much time worrying about their "permanent records" and god forbid we have a bad mark!!

When their kids kill themselves over the bullying I guess they can bury them with their spotless grade school record :rolleyes:

Now days, if you hit the bully first, you could go to jail, so your fathers advise would have to come with a caveat now days. Seriously. Its not about a bad mark, its about jail.

I trained with and sent my daughter to martial arts school to learn to defend herself, but I always told her...and this is going to sound weird...if you get into it with a jerk, take the first hit. She knew most kids her age had no idea how to punch and understood the importance of not landing the first blow. After the first hit, take down that idiot. Hard. It really sounds weird, but I have read too many stories about what happens when you hit first.

I have no sympathy for anyone who takes their own life.

It's perhaps the most selfish act imaginable.

I also think it's degrading to them to make excuses for why they did something. They made their choice. Don't try to excuse them.

You're not known to have compassion so naturally you would have no sympathy for anyone in such pain that they cannot bear to live any longer. You think only of it's effect on you, the living. How selfish!

I feel terrible for the girls and their families. I'm sure there are mean kids at the school. However, the assumption that these two did nothing? That their families know what each of the kids did, including their own, that the one got suspended for fighting?

Ladies and gentlemen, have you ever tried to break up fights between siblings? How many stories were there? Yet somehow you expect that a teacher, principal is going to make fair calls when they are dealing with tens, (teachers) or hundreds (principals) of kids? However many kids and their 'backers' there are, that's how many stories you're going to get. The best however begin, "I hit him/her/them because last summer..." Yeah, be Solomon.

You're not known to have compassion so naturally you would have no sympathy for anyone in such pain that they cannot bear to live any longer. You think only of it's effect on you, the living. How selfish!

That makes no sense whatsoever.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

I feel terrible for the girls and their families. I'm sure there are mean kids at the school. However, the assumption that these two did nothing? That their families know what each of the kids did, including their own, that the one got suspended for fighting?

Ladies and gentlemen, have you ever tried to break up fights between siblings? How many stories were there? Yet somehow you expect that a teacher, principal is going to make fair calls when they are dealing with tens, (teachers) or hundreds (principals) of kids? However many kids and their 'backers' there are, that's how many stories you're going to get. The best however begin, "I hit him/her/them because last summer..." Yeah, be Solomon.

Not sure what you're trying to say, but I like it!

:razz:

This Reply was brought to us by:

The Committee to Respond to Bomb Throwing Trolls

Sigh.

I HATE bullies.

I know and it seems to be just getting worse, I worry about these kids nowadays, so many bad things out there.:(

NOTHING has changed about kids behavior. What has changed is the feeling touchy goody shit current generations teach their kids. Don't teach them about hard facts of life, don't let them fail, don't hold them responsible for actions.

Nothing has changed? were kids pulling Columbine style massacres 50 years ago? or suicide pacts like the girls in this post?

How about each parent making sure your kid is NOT the bully.

How many of you have kids you incourage in the idea that they are better than other kids for whatever reason?

That kid is poor because his family is not as good as us.

Poor people are on the dole and dont deserve respect.

I told my son that people deserved respect.

I taught him anyone doing a honest job deserves to be treated with respect even if they just work fast food.

I taught him to have compassion for people.

This is one thing the right does that really irks me, they heap scorn on so many people you know their kids pick it up.

How about each parent making sure your kid is NOT the bully.

How many of you have kids you incourage in the idea that they are better than other kids for whatever reason?

That kid is poor because his family is not as good as us.

Poor people are on the dole and dont deserve respect.

I told my son that people deserved respect.

I taught him anyone doing a honest job deserves to be treated with respect even if they just work fast food.

I taught him to have compassion for people.

This is one thing the right does that really irks me, they heap scorn on so many people you know their kids pick it up.

The parents of bullies are usually assholes themselves and just say "well boys will be boys" or "well maybe our daughters can just handle this themselves", but if one of their brat kids get their teeth knocked the fuck out they will be screaming foul and say your kid hurt my kid:cuckoo:

I know and it seems to be just getting worse, I worry about these kids nowadays, so many bad things out there.:(

NOTHING has changed about kids behavior. What has changed is the feeling touchy goody shit current generations teach their kids. Don't teach them about hard facts of life, don't let them fail, don't hold them responsible for actions.

Nothing has changed? were kids pulling Columbine style massacres 50 years ago? or suicide pacts like the girls in this post?

What has changed:

- Deterioration of parental responsibility
- Deterioration of discipline and teacher authority in school
- Erosion of healthy values in our society
- Facebook and other social media which facilitate 24/7 HYPER BULLYING

Think about how often you here people on the right make fun of kids for being weak.

"well when I was a kid yadda yadda yadda."

There is so little compassion in many homes these days.

Its all about Jesus right up until they have to show compassion for others and then compassion is called shit like "bleeding heart liberal nonsense"

What has changed:

- Deterioration of parental responsibility
- Deterioration of discipline and teacher authority in school
- Erosion of healthy values in our society
- Facebook and other social media which facilitate 24/7 HYPER BULLYING

Sadly you are spot on.

What TMN doesn't get is that there is a difference between adults posting on a discussion board and berating children in real life.

Think about how often you here people on the right make fun of kids for being weak.

"well when I was a kid yadda yadda yadda."

There is so little compassion in many homes these days.

Its all about Jesus right up until they have to show compassion for others and then compassion is called shit like "bleeding heart liberal nonsense"

Kids don't have empathy, they attack and ridicule the ones they see as weak, I don't think you can fully have empathy until you are grown.

Forum List

Back