Build a sandcastle? Go to jail for 60 days AND get fined 500$

Title is a bit misleading.
I wonder why metal toys are illegal?

Mike Thomas - mayor is a republican

Rick Scott - Governor is a republican....

:bye1:
Did I say it had anything to do with democrats or republicans? NOPE!

Just wondering why they allow guns and not metal objects on the beach?

What are the gun laws in Florida?
A resident of the United States who is a nonresident of Florida, may carry a concealed weapon or concealed firearm while in this state if that person is 21 years of age or older, has in his or her immediate possession a valid license to carry a concealed weapon or firearm issued by the state of their residence, and ...Nov 11, 2014

Did you know he was a lifelong dem until he ran for mayor?
Also, he hasn't been mayor very long
He came in when they were trying to pass a law banning umbrellas. Not sure of the details.

Did I say it had anything to do with democrats or republicans? NOPE!

Just wondering why they allow guns and not metal objects on the beach?

What are the gun laws in Florida?
A resident of the United States who is a nonresident of Florida, may carry a concealed weapon or concealed firearm while in this state if that person is 21 years of age or older, has in his or her immediate possession a valid license to carry a concealed weapon or firearm issued by the state of their residence, and ...Nov 11, 2014
You got a point there...makes no damn sense.

Just read you cant use metal tools from hardware stores. But you can if they are meant for children. Cited safety for some bullshit reason.

Just read you cant use metal tools from hardware stores. But you can if they are meant for children. Cited safety for some bullshit reason.

Funny Laws

21. Chickens are not allowed to cross the road (Quitman, Georgia) :laugh::laugh:

19. Policemen are allowed to bite a dog if they think it will calm the dog down (Paulding, Ohio)

17. It’s against the law to sing off-key (North Carolina)

The 22 most ridiculous US laws still in effect today. #10 is just crazy... LOL!
There is a law in TN that a husband can legally beat their wife at the courthouse on Sundays.
Its crazy!

Funny Laws

21. Chickens are not allowed to cross the road (Quitman, Georgia) :laugh::laugh:

19. Policemen are allowed to bite a dog if they think it will calm the dog down (Paulding, Ohio)

There is a law in TN that a husband can legally beat their wife at the courthouse on Sundays.
Its crazy!

:eek-52: :rofl:

Funny Laws

Its crazy!

"take out the garbage!" - my wife
"watch your mouth! Its Sunday!!!!" - me
:D

Funny Laws

Its crazy!

"take out the garbage!" - my wife
"watch your mouth! Its Sunday!!!!" - me
:D

I would be Black and Blue every Monday...lol

In Alaska it is an offense to push a live moose out of a moving airplane...

Also, while it is legal to shoot bears, if you wake one up for a picture you're in trouble.

A couple of things wrong with the OP.

First of all, no one was fined or jailed for building a sand castle.

Second of all, they were told about the rules against having a hole more than a foot deep and the metal tools.

Third of all, a hole over a foot deep actually IS a hazard. Not just from a tripping or falling standpoint, but a hole 1 or 2 feet deep can collapse in a heartbeat, especially in sand & water. I was in Gulf Shore AL in the late 70s when a 2 year old died in a fairly shallow hole.

And lastly, metal tools are probably not allowed on the beach for the same reason glass containers are not allowed. Hazards to bare feet and children running & playing.

All of that said, it IS a stupid situation caused by an over-reaching bureacrat trying to get more and more power. It is disgusting and we SHOULD be pissed off. But we can be pissed at the facts instead of bogus claims.

Forum List

Back