Buck 110...120th Anniversary with coin on clearance...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Under forty dollars at Walmart Online.

Not my cup o' tea...but if it's yours this is a 25 dollar discount.

Screenshot_20230222-014159-868.png

A great knife. I have owned two of them since the late 1970s. They will hold up to pretty much anything a knife should be used for.

It's a classic. A bit outdated for my taste as an EDC, but I wouldn't be too put out if it was the only knife I had on me, when I needed a knife.
That's where I'm at.

Usually I'm all for sticking with tradition and older is usually better.

But in this case advances have made functional improvements without compromising durability.

I remember when almost every southern boy had one of these in a leather sheath on his belt.

But I prefer a fixed blade knife now. I have a Buck 119 that is my go-to knife for camping and/or hiking.

Buck 119.jpg

I remember when almost every southern boy had one of these in a leather sheath on his belt.

But I prefer a fixed blade knife now. I have a Buck 119 that is my go-to knife for camping and/or hiking.

View attachment 759454
That is a beautiful knife...but by g-d it's slicker than whale shit at the bottom of the ocean.

I bought one for twenty bucks new at Wally world, but it came with a (decent) nylon sheath.

Don't think I ever used it for anything but lookin' at.

That is a beautiful knife...but by g-d it's slicker than whale shit at the bottom of the ocean.

I bought one for twenty bucks new at Wally world, but it came with a (decent) nylon sheath.

Don't think I ever used it for anything but lookin' at.

I use mine pretty often. Yeah, the grip could use some texture. But it doesn't get slicker when wet, so that is a plus.

I use it and a rubber mallet to split firewood into kindling. A Buck blade is solid.

@wint
I use mine pretty often. Yeah, the grip could use some texture. But it doesn't get slicker when wet, so that is a plus.

I use it and a rubber mallet to split firewood into kindling. A Buck blade is solid.
They have mastered the 420HC heat treat...that's a fact.

And I wasn't putting it down...I love 'em.

Just never got around to doing anything with it. It's a big knife, and I'm usually small game hunting, so for me something smaller usually fits the bill like a Sharpfinger or a Canadian Belt Knife.

I have been eyeing his little brother, the 102 Woodsman...but for $70, I have to pass.

Schrade makes an Uncle Henry homage...the 153UH Golden Spike...that retails for $33 on Amazon.

Chinese steel ... 7Cr17MoV ... but if it goes on sale for $21 or less, I'll have to grab one.

Link...

Forum List

Back