Bruce Springsteen threatens South Carolina boycott if governor insists she is an Indian-American

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
springsteen-nikki-haley.jpg

American Irony ^
Following his cancellation of a concert in North Carolina over a law that prohibits transgender people from using bathrooms other than their biological sex, Bruce Springsteen declared that South Carolina will be next on his "s**t list" if Governor Nikki Haley insists on using the "archaic" way of identifying herself as Indian.

"I mean, it's 2016, who still says they're Indian? This isn't 19th century America, we recognize these people are actually Native Americans," said Springsteen, adding "if Governor Haley wants to disrespect herself that's her business, but I will not play another concert in South Carolina as long as she's governor if she doesn't start using the proper term 'Native American.'"

While she is a natural born American citizen Governor Haley's parents are immigrants from India, a fact that did little to change Springsteen's view on the matter.

Said an indignant Springsteen, "you mean there's a whole country of people who still think like this? Well, that's just one more place that will never be blessed enough to host a concert by me! Equality for all is too important an issue, and anyone who doesn't stand for equality doesn't stand with me, The Boss."

When reached for a comment Governor Haley declined to respond directly to Springsteen noting, "as a Republican I'm not fluent in indignant liberal hypocrisy, and I left my jackass to English translator at home, so I have no comment at this time."

Funny fake story. Like always, none of what you post is real.

• Banned

Forum List

Back