Brrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Actually, there could still be a connection, radiation doesn't travel instantly from the sun to the earth. However, one flaw with environuts is this: they are looking for only one influence while ignoring all other possible influences as well.

environuts, yes, but not real scientists and logical folks, we know many factors influence our planets weather and climate.

Actually, there could still be a connection, radiation doesn't travel instantly from the sun to the earth. However, one flaw with environuts is this: they are looking for only one influence while ignoring all other possible influences as well.

environuts, yes, but not real scientists and logical folks, we know many factors influence our planets weather and climate.

Does all the ocean volcanic activity influence glacial melting?

And scientists admitting earth's temperatures have remained stagnant this decade, with a current cooling trend that could very well extend out to a 30-year cooling trend. Of course they also warn that after these 30 years, global warming could be back more than ever. (strike up the doom n gloom music here)

Of particular note are these scientists admitting they really have no clue why the earth has cooled in recent years. Folks, they have never really had a clue - man-made global warming is merely another religion. Al Gore is its savior - Hansen its John-the-Baptist - and the IPCC its version of the Medieval Catholic Church.

Global Warming: On Hold?: Discovery News

Hell even an infidel like myself knows the reasons. We are at a solar minimum. An extended one. So far in 2009 alone there had been 90 days without sunspots. Corresponding with that is the Pacific Decadal Ocillation. That sucker has shifted and is expected to provide us poor souls with 30 years of cooling.

WAIT a minute, according to the Global Warming whack jobs the Sun had NOTHING to do with the past warming trend, but NOW according to the same people the Sun does have something to do with the cooling. Got it, IGNORE the man behind the curtain.....

The sun does influence our climate. Why was it warming in a solar minimum and lack (lower than average) of solar flares?

Does all the ocean volcanic activity influence glacial melting?

I would think it would be very minimal do the large amount of water in the oceans.

look another lie by the big greenee meanee, read my post and dont waste your time searching for the truth, it takes a long time to sort through all the false stories on google the greenee meanees pay to found

old rock is a scurrilous lying crock of shit (this is not a flame, its old rocks words with old rocks name placed in front)

old crock knowingly posted false information in environment under climate change

how can I address old crocks post here, I will have to spend hours looking for the answer like before and than I find out old rock willingly and knowingly posted a false report, not only did old man post the false report but old man had a rebutal ready in case he got found out

this kind of stuff makes me sick, further look at what the vile old man says about others, and than we are suppose to take his word and if we dont we get old crokes vile mouth

http://www.usmessageboard.com/environment/73527-climate-change-the-simple-argument.html

old rock is a scurrilous lying crock of shit (this is not a flame, its old rocks words with old rocks name placed in front)

What a pointlessly unpleasant response to OR.

What bug crawled up your ass that you feel the need to insult this guy simple because he posted something that you don't agree with?

Everything you said you could have said with adding ad hominen insults.

Has he insulted you personally or something?

Do you guys have a history I am unaware of?

Yes, he made a bald statement that Dr. Hansen was doctoring his data. That just happens to be the worst thing you can accuse any scientist of. He also has posted accusations concerning many people, including the President, that are simply scurilious and without basis.

He did not like what I thought of him and his post and has been hunting my posts and posting his drivel after each. Someone that is taking this medium way to seriously for his mental health.

From what I've been seeing Old Rocks, your as much to blame as he. You've been hunting him out also. Just sayin....

CO2, Temperatures, and Ice Ages « Watts Up With That?

It seems that a longer warming period of the earth would result in a slower cooling period afterward due to accumulated heat in ocean and more:

lansner-image8.png

Again, this fits very well with Vostok data: Longer periods of warmth seems to be accompanied by longer time needed for cooling of earth. The differences in cooling periods does not support that it is CO2 that slows cooling phases. The dive after 230.000 ybp peak shows, that cooling CAN be rapid, and the overall picture is that the cooling rates are governed by the accumulated heat in oceans and more.

What bug crawled up your ass that you feel the need to insult this guy simple because he posted something that you don't agree with?

Yes, he made a bald statement that Dr. Hansen was doctoring his data. That just happens to be the worst thing you can accuse any scientist of. He also has posted accusations concerning many people, including the President, that are simply scurilious and without basis.

He did not like what I thought of him and his post and has been hunting my posts and posting his drivel after each. Someone that is taking this medium way to seriously for his mental health.

From what I've been seeing Old Rocks, your as much to blame as he. You've been hunting him out also. Just sayin....

Sorry for going off topic, but krotchdog has been trolling oldrocks and kd puts his flaming line in every post.

I call Hansen "cook the books" Hansen and have pointed to the evidence. It appears he is primarily a political animal having lost the objectivity to be a true scientist. Perhaps he was always political. It was he who was behind the alarmism of a coming ice age in the 70s.

Hell even an infidel like myself knows the reasons. We are at a solar minimum. An extended one. So far in 2009 alone there had been 90 days without sunspots. Corresponding with that is the Pacific Decadal Ocillation. That sucker has shifted and is expected to provide us poor souls with 30 years of cooling.

WAIT a minute, according to the Global Warming whack jobs the Sun had NOTHING to do with the past warming trend, but NOW according to the same people the Sun does have something to do with the cooling. Got it, IGNORE the man behind the curtain.....

The sun does influence our climate. Why was it warming in a solar minimum and lack (lower than average) of solar flares?

Light travels faster than heat radiation ...

It was still less not more. Unless there has been more solar radiation emitted that I wasn't aware of.

How long does it take solar radiation to reach the earth?

Last edited:

It was still less not more. Unless there has been more solar radiation emitted that I wasn't aware of.

It wasn't warming during the solar minimum. It hasn't been warming since 1998. Yes we have had some of the warmest years due to declining from a peak but declining we are. As for the slowness of cooling see post #68.

It wasn't warming during the solar minimum. It hasn't been warming since 1998. Yes we have had some of the warmest years due to declining from a peak but declining we are. As for the slowness of cooling see post #68.

8 of the 10 hottest years occurred between 1997 and 2008. How is that possible if we're cooling?

8 of the 10 hottest years occurred between 1997 and 2008. How is that possible if we're cooling?

how is a sample of roughly 100 years significant when discussing a 6 billion year old entity?

ref. post #68

Logic, we base sun spots on what we see, which is light, radiation is not always light and much of it travels slower than light. In short distances this is negligible, but we are talking about HUGE distances so the difference become greater. What we see will not fully effect us until long after ... I was and am trying to lead you to water here.

glob-jan-dec-pg.gif

glob-jan-dec-pg.gif

Why don't you wait for 5 years before declaring that this isn't just the tapering of an upswing?

glob-jan-dec-pg.gif

Why don't you wait for 5 years before declaring that this isn't just the tapering of an upswing?

What does that have to do with the claim that "it hasn't been warming since 1998," rebutted by the chart?

What does that have to do with the claim that "it hasn't been warming since 1998," rebutted by the chart?

You post the same chart over and over again, not like it's changed recently ... and if this has been refuted with other evidence then why would it hold any water when repeated. You are sounding like ... well .. and environut parrot.

How about you post one that shows data for the last billion years which shows no other such rises in temperature?

Forum List

Back