"Brownie....You're Doin' A Helluva Job"

people were left in buses because of the incompetence of nagin and blanco, not FEMA or Bush.

As to shelters, there were none that did not flood, thats why they all went to the superdome.

The problems were local, not federal. FEMA, the USCG, the national guard, and volunteers from all over were the heroes.

Where are we getting this "people left on buses" story? A day ago it was "the buses never ran" -- now they ran?

And what the hell does the governor have to do with where city buses go?

Blanco finally got school buses from other cities to go to New Orleans and start evacuating people after the storm was over. She, for some reason, didn't have the same worries about "insurance liability" that Ray Nagin did when he failed to use New Orlean's school buses to do the exact same thing BEFORE the storm hit!

Where exactly are you getting this malarkey about "insurance liability"?
No pictures please. I'm not a proctologist.

The excuse that Ray Nagin used for why he didn't use school buses to evacuate people was that he had concerns over insurance liability. Malarkey? Without question! It was total bullshit when Nagin said it!

Link?

Another day, another link not posted.
Color me surprised.

Color me surprised.

I think people don't take you seriously Pogo.

It's because you're a partisan hack and a proven liar.

I'm just sayin....

I didn't make a claim I can't link, Pothead. Fatter o' mact I didn't make a point at all. All I did was ask for his source -- one word -- and got the usual cricket concert.

And they told us Buddy Holly died...
ScratchHead_zpsk4apzczx.gif

Oldfart hasn't been shy about spewing his ignorance about hurricanes on every other point such as what direction you go for safety. But here he just dried up. Ran away like a man with sixteen legs.

Why do you suppose that is, Pot head?
And how exactly does asking for a link morph into a "lie" on Planet Pothead, Pothead?

Last edited:
For all the talk over who is responsible etc - there is a role for the President to play in the wake of a disaster - particularly a disaster on the scale of 9/11, OKC, or Katrina. All one has to do is compare and contrast's Bush's performance with Lyndon B. Johnson's during Betsy. The President has the unique ability to cut through red tape, speed up the transfer of resources and, simply, Be There. Be there and listen to the people, and reassure them that he will do what ever is possible to get things right. Sure, it includes a healthy dose of politics - but it's also what people need in a disaster and it's what Bush bailed on and Johnson rose on.

The Flood That Sank George W. Bush

Hurricane Katrina, a Category 3 storm, had smashed into the Gulf South. People were drowning. And the president of the United States played guitar in San Diego, egged on by country singer Mark Wills.

Even George W. Bush’s most stalwart supporters cringed at his disconnect from reality. Bush, like Michael Jackson in his days at Neverland Ranch, was living in a bubble. By contrast, when Hurricane Betsy had struck the Louisiana coast in 1965, President Lyndon B. Johnson had immediately flown to New Orleans to see the flood zone firsthand. The difference was glaring. Bush was, quite simply—as Coast Guard first-responder Jimmy Duckworth phrased it—“out of the game.”

High Water
How Presidents and citizens react to disaster

In the Ninth Ward, Johnson visited the George Washington Elementary School, on St. Claude Avenue, which was being used as a shelter. “Most of the people inside and outside of the building were Negro,” the diary reads. “At first, they did not believe that it was actually the President.” Johnson entered the crowded shelter in near-total darkness; there were only a couple of flashlights to lead the way.....

“This is your President!” Johnson announced. “I’m here to help you!”

The diary describes the shelter as a “mass of human suffering,” with people calling out for help “in terribly emotional wails from voices of all ages. . . . It was a most pitiful sight of human and material destruction.” According to an article by the historian Edward F. Haas, published fifteen years ago in the Gulf Coast Historical Review, Johnson was deeply moved as people approached and asked him for food and water; one woman asked Johnson for a boat so that she could look for her two sons, who had been lost in the flood.

“Little Mayor, this is horrible,” Johnson said to Schiro. “I’ve never seen anything like this in my life.” Johnson assured Schiro that the resources of the federal government were at his disposal and that “all red tape [will] be cut.”

The President flew back to Washington and the next day sent Schiro a sixteen-page telegram outlining plans for aid and the revival of New Orleans. “Please know,” Johnson wrote, “that my thoughts and prayers are with you and the thousands of Louisiana citizens who have suffered so heavily.”...

...A few days after the storm, WWL joined in a consortium of rival stations to form United Broadcasters of New Orleans, and they were now reaching thirty-eight states and thirteen countries. The moment that brought WWL the most attention was Robinette’s interview with Mayor Ray Nagin while people were still trapped in the Superdome and in the Convention Center, and Washington, particularly the White House, seemed to be on extended summer vacation. Unlike Lyndon Johnson, President Bush was slow to respond to the emergency—so slow, in fact, that his staff felt compelled to prepare a DVD of network newscasts to impress upon him the scale of the floods, the chaos, and the suffering. “God is looking down on all this,” Nagin said, “and if they are not doing everything in their power to save people they are going to pay the price. Because every day that we delay, people are dying and they’re dying by the hundreds, I’m willing to bet you . . . Don’t tell me forty thousand people are coming here. They’re not here. It’s too doggone late. Now get off your asses and do something, and let’s fix the biggest goddam crisis in the history of this country.”...

So Nagin was a hero because, um well..

And Bush was to blame because he didn't drive to NO and carry people out on his back?

Seriously, given that you of the left don't deal with reality or facts, wantonly fabricating fictions to promote your political agenda, with utter and complete disregard for reality - who can anyone communicate with you?

Katrina was a fiasco on multiple levels including federal. Bush acted abysmally. Seriously - you guys excuse your messiah for everything. I don't think it's *me* that disregards facts. All you have to do is look at Johnson's leadership trial and compare that to Bush's.

Criticism of government response to Hurricane Katrina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Presidential role

Early Tuesday morning, August 30, a day after the hurricane struck, President Bush attended a V-J Day commemoration ceremony at Coronado, California, while looking over the situation with his aides and cabinet officials.[17] 24 hours before the ceremony, storm surges began overwhelming levees and floodwalls protecting the city of New Orleans, greatly exacerbating the minimal damage from rainfall and wind when the hurricane itself veered to the East and avoided a direct hit on New Orleans.[18] Initial reports of leaked video footage of top-level briefings held before the storm claimed that this video contradicted Bush’s earlier statements that no one anticipated the breach of the levees.[19] Transcripts revealed that Bush was warned that the levees may overflow, as were Governor Blanco and Mayor Nagin.

Bush was criticized for not returning to Washington, D.C. from his vacation in Texas until after Wednesday afternoon, more than a day after the hurricane hit on Monday. On the morning of August 28, the president telephoned Mayor Nagin to "plead" for a mandatory evacuation of New Orleans, and Nagin and Gov. Blanco decided to evacuate the city in response to that request.[citation needed] Blanco told reporters the President had called and spoken with her (but not Nagin) before the press conference.[citation needed]

Bush overflew the devastated area from Air Force One as he traveled from Texas back to Washington, D.C.,[20] and subsequently visited the Gulf Coast on Friday and was briefed on Hurricane Katrina. Turning to his aides during the flyover, Bush remarked, "It's totally wiped out. It's devastating, it's got to be doubly devastating on the ground." Later, in a televised address from the White House, he said, "We're dealing with one of the worst national disasters in our nation's history."[21]

Vice President Dick Cheney was also criticized in his role in the aftermath. On the night of August 30, and again the next morning, he personally called the manager of the Southern Pines Electric Power Association and ordered him to divert power crews to electrical substations in nearby Collins, Mississippi, that were essential to the operation of the Colonial Pipeline, which carries gasoline and diesel fuel from Texas to the Northeast.[22] The power crews were reportedly upset when told what the purpose of the redirection was, since they were in the process of restoring power to two local hospitals, but did so anyway.[23]

...In January 2007, the fired FEMA director Michael D. Brown charged that partisan politics had played a role in the White House's decision to federalize emergency response to the disaster in Louisiana only, rather than along the entire affected Gulf Coast region, which Brown said he had advocated. "Unbeknownst to me, certain people in the White House were thinking, 'We had to federalize Louisiana because she's a white, female Democratic governor, and we have a chance to rub her nose in it,'" Brown said, speaking before a group of graduate students at the Metropolitan College of New York on January 19, 2007. "'We can't do it to Haley [Mississippi governor Haley Barbour] because Haley's a white male Republican governor. And we can't do a thing to him. So we're just gonna federalize Louisiana.'" The White House fervently denied Brown's charges through a spokeswoman. [24]

Discussion of the recovery efforts for Hurricane Katrina took a back seat to terrorism and Iraq in his 2006 State of the Union Address. In that speech, Bush did not mention any human suffering caused by the storm or its aftermath, and did not acknowledge any shortcomings in his administration's response. Many people criticized Bush for failing to mention hurricane recovery in his 2007 State of the Union Address.[25]

Investigation of State of Emergency declaration

In a September 26, 2005 hearing, former FEMA chief Michael Brown testified before a U.S. House subcommittee about FEMA's response. During that hearing, Representative Stephen Buyer (R-IN) inquired as to why President Bush's declaration of state of emergency of August 27 had not included the coastal parishes of Orleans, Jefferson, and Plaquemines.[26] (In fact, the declaration did not include any of Louisiana's coastal parishes; rather, they were included in the declarations for Mississippi[27] and Alabama.[28]) Brown testified that this was because Louisiana Governor Blanco had not included those parishes in her initial request for aid, a decision that he found "shocking." After the hearing, Blanco released a copy of her letter, which showed she had requested assistance for "all the southeastern parishes including the City of New Orleans" as well specifically naming 14 parishes including Jefferson, Orleans and Plaquemines.[29]

Vice President Dick Cheney was also criticized in his role in the aftermath. On the night of August 30, and again the next morning, he personally called the manager of the Southern Pines Electric Power Association and ordered him to divert power crews to electrical substations in nearby Collins, Mississippi, that were essential to the operation of the Colonial Pipeline, which carries gasoline and diesel fuel from Texas to the Northeast.[22] The power crews were reportedly upset when told what the purpose of the redirection was, since they were in the process of restoring power to two local hospitals, but did so anyway.[23]

:uhh:

It continually baffles me that a creature with obviously no heart gets a stent operation and a pacemaker.

An American patriot, this Mississippi doctor:

Last edited:
Where are we getting this "people left on buses" story? A day ago it was "the buses never ran" -- now they ran?

And what the hell does the governor have to do with where city buses go?

Blanco finally got school buses from other cities to go to New Orleans and start evacuating people after the storm was over. She, for some reason, didn't have the same worries about "insurance liability" that Ray Nagin did when he failed to use New Orlean's school buses to do the exact same thing BEFORE the storm hit!

The excuse that Ray Nagin used for why he didn't use school buses to evacuate people was that he had concerns over insurance liability. Malarkey? Without question! It was total bullshit when Nagin said it!

Link?

Color me surprised.

I linked that yesterday in post #624. If you're going to demand links for everything I post...at least have the courtesy to read my responses! You really are floundering in this string...

For all the talk over who is responsible etc - there is a role for the President to play in the wake of a disaster - particularly a disaster on the scale of 9/11, OKC, or Katrina. All one has to do is compare and contrast's Bush's performance with Lyndon B. Johnson's during Betsy. The President has the unique ability to cut through red tape, speed up the transfer of resources and, simply, Be There. Be there and listen to the people, and reassure them that he will do what ever is possible to get things right. Sure, it includes a healthy dose of politics - but it's also what people need in a disaster and it's what Bush bailed on and Johnson rose on.

The Flood That Sank George W. Bush

Hurricane Katrina, a Category 3 storm, had smashed into the Gulf South. People were drowning. And the president of the United States played guitar in San Diego, egged on by country singer Mark Wills.

Even George W. Bush’s most stalwart supporters cringed at his disconnect from reality. Bush, like Michael Jackson in his days at Neverland Ranch, was living in a bubble. By contrast, when Hurricane Betsy had struck the Louisiana coast in 1965, President Lyndon B. Johnson had immediately flown to New Orleans to see the flood zone firsthand. The difference was glaring. Bush was, quite simply—as Coast Guard first-responder Jimmy Duckworth phrased it—“out of the game.”

High Water
How Presidents and citizens react to disaster

In the Ninth Ward, Johnson visited the George Washington Elementary School, on St. Claude Avenue, which was being used as a shelter. “Most of the people inside and outside of the building were Negro,” the diary reads. “At first, they did not believe that it was actually the President.” Johnson entered the crowded shelter in near-total darkness; there were only a couple of flashlights to lead the way.....

“This is your President!” Johnson announced. “I’m here to help you!”

The diary describes the shelter as a “mass of human suffering,” with people calling out for help “in terribly emotional wails from voices of all ages. . . . It was a most pitiful sight of human and material destruction.” According to an article by the historian Edward F. Haas, published fifteen years ago in the Gulf Coast Historical Review, Johnson was deeply moved as people approached and asked him for food and water; one woman asked Johnson for a boat so that she could look for her two sons, who had been lost in the flood.

“Little Mayor, this is horrible,” Johnson said to Schiro. “I’ve never seen anything like this in my life.” Johnson assured Schiro that the resources of the federal government were at his disposal and that “all red tape [will] be cut.”

The President flew back to Washington and the next day sent Schiro a sixteen-page telegram outlining plans for aid and the revival of New Orleans. “Please know,” Johnson wrote, “that my thoughts and prayers are with you and the thousands of Louisiana citizens who have suffered so heavily.”...

...A few days after the storm, WWL joined in a consortium of rival stations to form United Broadcasters of New Orleans, and they were now reaching thirty-eight states and thirteen countries. The moment that brought WWL the most attention was Robinette’s interview with Mayor Ray Nagin while people were still trapped in the Superdome and in the Convention Center, and Washington, particularly the White House, seemed to be on extended summer vacation. Unlike Lyndon Johnson, President Bush was slow to respond to the emergency—so slow, in fact, that his staff felt compelled to prepare a DVD of network newscasts to impress upon him the scale of the floods, the chaos, and the suffering. “God is looking down on all this,” Nagin said, “and if they are not doing everything in their power to save people they are going to pay the price. Because every day that we delay, people are dying and they’re dying by the hundreds, I’m willing to bet you . . . Don’t tell me forty thousand people are coming here. They’re not here. It’s too doggone late. Now get off your asses and do something, and let’s fix the biggest goddam crisis in the history of this country.”...

So Nagin was a hero because, um well..

And Bush was to blame because he didn't drive to NO and carry people out on his back?

Seriously, given that you of the left don't deal with reality or facts, wantonly fabricating fictions to promote your political agenda, with utter and complete disregard for reality - who can anyone communicate with you?

Katrina was a fiasco on multiple levels including federal. Bush acted abysmally. Seriously - you guys excuse your messiah for everything. I don't think it's *me* that disregards facts. All you have to do is look at Johnson's leadership trial and compare that to Bush's.

Criticism of government response to Hurricane Katrina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Presidential role

Early Tuesday morning, August 30, a day after the hurricane struck, President Bush attended a V-J Day commemoration ceremony at Coronado, California, while looking over the situation with his aides and cabinet officials.[17] 24 hours before the ceremony, storm surges began overwhelming levees and floodwalls protecting the city of New Orleans, greatly exacerbating the minimal damage from rainfall and wind when the hurricane itself veered to the East and avoided a direct hit on New Orleans.[18] Initial reports of leaked video footage of top-level briefings held before the storm claimed that this video contradicted Bush’s earlier statements that no one anticipated the breach of the levees.[19] Transcripts revealed that Bush was warned that the levees may overflow, as were Governor Blanco and Mayor Nagin.

Bush was criticized for not returning to Washington, D.C. from his vacation in Texas until after Wednesday afternoon, more than a day after the hurricane hit on Monday. On the morning of August 28, the president telephoned Mayor Nagin to "plead" for a mandatory evacuation of New Orleans, and Nagin and Gov. Blanco decided to evacuate the city in response to that request.[citation needed] Blanco told reporters the President had called and spoken with her (but not Nagin) before the press conference.[citation needed]

Bush overflew the devastated area from Air Force One as he traveled from Texas back to Washington, D.C.,[20] and subsequently visited the Gulf Coast on Friday and was briefed on Hurricane Katrina. Turning to his aides during the flyover, Bush remarked, "It's totally wiped out. It's devastating, it's got to be doubly devastating on the ground." Later, in a televised address from the White House, he said, "We're dealing with one of the worst national disasters in our nation's history."[21]

...In January 2007, the fired FEMA director Michael D. Brown charged that partisan politics had played a role in the White House's decision to federalize emergency response to the disaster in Louisiana only, rather than along the entire affected Gulf Coast region, which Brown said he had advocated. "Unbeknownst to me, certain people in the White House were thinking, 'We had to federalize Louisiana because she's a white, female Democratic governor, and we have a chance to rub her nose in it,'" Brown said, speaking before a group of graduate students at the Metropolitan College of New York on January 19, 2007. "'We can't do it to Haley [Mississippi governor Haley Barbour] because Haley's a white male Republican governor. And we can't do a thing to him. So we're just gonna federalize Louisiana.'" The White House fervently denied Brown's charges through a spokeswoman. [24]

Discussion of the recovery efforts for Hurricane Katrina took a back seat to terrorism and Iraq in his 2006 State of the Union Address. In that speech, Bush did not mention any human suffering caused by the storm or its aftermath, and did not acknowledge any shortcomings in his administration's response. Many people criticized Bush for failing to mention hurricane recovery in his 2007 State of the Union Address.[25]

Investigation of State of Emergency declaration

In a September 26, 2005 hearing, former FEMA chief Michael Brown testified before a U.S. House subcommittee about FEMA's response. During that hearing, Representative Stephen Buyer (R-IN) inquired as to why President Bush's declaration of state of emergency of August 27 had not included the coastal parishes of Orleans, Jefferson, and Plaquemines.[26] (In fact, the declaration did not include any of Louisiana's coastal parishes; rather, they were included in the declarations for Mississippi[27] and Alabama.[28]) Brown testified that this was because Louisiana Governor Blanco had not included those parishes in her initial request for aid, a decision that he found "shocking." After the hearing, Blanco released a copy of her letter, which showed she had requested assistance for "all the southeastern parishes including the City of New Orleans" as well specifically naming 14 parishes including Jefferson, Orleans and Plaquemines.[29]

OK...this is nonsense! What is it that you think that Johnson actually DID that was superior to what Bush did? That he went to New Orleans and pressed the flesh...told them then he cared...and then went back to Washington? That's what politicians DO! Did Johnson call the Mayor of New Orleans and the Governor of Louisiana prior to hurricane Betsy to "plead" with them to evacuate the city and coastal areas? Even your highly biased account has Bush doing that prior to Katrina hitting the Gulf Coast but then it turns around and tries to portray Bush as not caring. So which is it? Is he the guy who cares enough to call up and "plead" with Mayor Nagin and Governor Blanco to evacuate even though he's home in Texas on vacation...or is he the guy who you say couldn't care less?

Ray Nagin is sitting in prison because he lined his own pockets rather than doing what was best for the people of New Orleans.

While he's there...he should think long and hard about the thousands who lost their lives because he was so incompetent.
Nagin is a corrupt [former] politician, but which charges against him were specifically related to Katrina?

He's not in prison for his ineptitude during Katrina, Faun...he's in prison because he took bribes. If you wanted to do business with the city of New Orleans...including taking part in the rebuilding of the city following Katrina...then you paid Ray. It's something he did from the moment he got into office until the moment he left office.
If his conviction has nothing to do with Katrina then why are you even bring it up in a debate about Katrina? You must feel like you're losing the argument if you have to resort to character assassination over event not even related to the topic.

Now more relavent to the discussion...what about FEMA refusing to show up for a week? Why is that OK with you?

When did FEMA refuse to show up for a week? That's an absurd charge and totally without basis.

Erika wrecks havoc on Dominica...

ERIKA CAUSES OVER HALF A BILLION DOLLARS IN INFRASTRUCTURAL DAMAGE
Friday, 04 September 2015 | Preliminary assessments following Tropical Storm Erika have revealed that Dominica has suffered over half a billion dollars worth of infrastructural damage.
At a press briefing Wednesday September 2nd, the Hon. Prime Minister, Roosevelt Skerrit revealed that over $612m in damage has been caused to infrastructure; that is the country’s main roads and bridges. The Hon. Prime Minister stated, “This doesn’t include homes, reconstruction of the roads in Petite Savanne and other communities as well as other main roads. This does not address the resettlement of several families or the associated costs. This is going to be a huge and expansive undertaking in order to restore the infrastructure.” Neither does this include the 217 homes lost in Petite Savanne and another 154 homes across the rest of country.

The Prime Minister said further, “A more detailed assessment is being done and then we can look at the actual cost of the damage on persons’ dwellings. You would have recognized that because of the extent of the destruction on Petite Savanne and having had the decision to evacuate the entire village, discussions would have to be [around housing] the displaced people? He noted, “Issues of resettlement, construction of homes and the associated facilities such as schools, health clinics and playing facilities will have to be taken into consideration. Also the smaller village of Dubique was also evacuated with many residents saying they do not want to go back. All I can say is that the State will take full responsibility to provide for these people.”

TS_Erika_Roseau_Bridge.jpg

The tourism industry has also been dramatically affected. One of the more affected areas is Jungle Bay Resort in the community of Delices. According to the Prime Minister, “Several of the cottages were literally washed away by landslides and earth movement. In speaking personally with the proprietor he has indicated that that site will have to be abandoned and a new site procured for the construction of a new hotel. So one can understand the extent of the impact on tourism and the way of life for many people.” The Douglas-Charles Airport has also been severely damaged.

Preliminary estimates suggest that it would take over $39.5m to restore services there. According to the Prime Minister, “Every piece of equipment at the airport has been destroyed beyond use and so all will have to be replaced.” The Ministry of Agriculture in collaboration with Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture (IICA) is continuing its assessments. The World Bank is continuing their assessment of the impact on infrastructure. Clean up is estimated at $12m.

Erika Causes Over Half a Billion Dollars in Infrastructural Damage

Ray Nagin is sitting in prison because he lined his own pockets rather than doing what was best for the people of New Orleans.

While he's there...he should think long and hard about the thousands who lost their lives because he was so incompetent.
Nagin is a corrupt [former] politician, but which charges against him were specifically related to Katrina?

He's not in prison for his ineptitude during Katrina, Faun...he's in prison because he took bribes. If you wanted to do business with the city of New Orleans...including taking part in the rebuilding of the city following Katrina...then you paid Ray. It's something he did from the moment he got into office until the moment he left office.
If his conviction has nothing to do with Katrina then why are you even bring it up in a debate about Katrina? You must feel like you're losing the argument if you have to resort to character assassination over event not even related to the topic.

Now more relavent to the discussion...what about FEMA refusing to show up for a week? Why is that OK with you?

When did FEMA refuse to show up for a week? That's an absurd charge and totally without basis.

Yup FEMA is a Govt. Agency and anyone who thinks any Govt. Agency is going to ride to their rescue in record time is doomed to suffer disappointment.

Link?

Color me surprised.

I linked that yesterday in post #624. If you're going to demand links for everything I post...at least have the courtesy to read my responses! You really are floundering in this string...

Thank you. Took long enough.
So I read the link, and the source it links from, an intervew with Nagin. And he says nothing about "insurance liability" in there. I read the whole thing.

He does however note the timing, that the city didn't know the storm was aiming at it until Saturday afternoon, and this:

"We got most of them out, and the ones that were remaining, we called for a mandatory evacuation, and then we had buses to go around the city to pick them up."​

He's talking about RTA buses -- the local transit company. You see Sparky, the fact that some photographer in a helicopter snapped a picture of submerged buses in no way means those are the only buses that exist in the fucking city.

Gosh whiz, if only other buses existed besides the ones you saw flooded from your barcalounger.
Oh wait -- they did.

Link?

Color me surprised.

So I read the link, and the source it links from, an intervew with Nagin. And he says nothing about "insurance liability" in there. I read the whole thing.

He does however note the timing, that the city didn't know the storm was aiming at it until Saturday afternoon, and this:

"We got most of them out, and the ones that were remaining, we called for a mandatory evacuation, and then we had buses to go around the city to pick them up."​

He's talking about RTA buses -- the local transit company. You see Sparky, the fact that some photographer in a helicopter snapped a picture of submerged buses in no way means those are the only buses that exist in the fucking city.

Gosh whiz, if only other buses existed besides the ones you saw flooded from your barcalounger.
Oh wait -- they did.

Took long enough? I posted that link a day BEFORE you were whining about it, you horses ass! Only you would complain about how long something was taking that you already had been sent.

And those "other" buses you speak of were not the school buses that under the New Orleans emergency evacuation plan were supposed to get people without cars out of the city. There were RTA buses taking people to the Superdome. That didn't get them out of the city. It simply put them in a building that wasn't ready to handle that number of people which led to the dire conditions following the storm hitting the city. That's not an evacuation...despite Nagin's claim that it was. If he'd followed the evacuation plan they had in place and not waited until the last moment to declare a mandatory evacuation they would have gotten thousands more out of the city before the storm hit...they would have saved lives...and they would have made the job of the people coming to help them a whole lot easier. Instead Nagin made things a whole lot harder...and then LIKE YOU...he whined about how long it was taking!

Link?

Color me surprised.

Oh wait -- they did.

Took long enough? I posted that link a day BEFORE you were whining about it, you horses ass! Only you would complain about how long something was taking that you already had been sent.

And those "other" buses you speak of were not the school buses that under the New Orleans emergency evacuation plan were supposed to get people without cars out of the city. There were RTA buses taking people to the Superdome. That didn't get them out of the city. It simply put them in a building that wasn't ready to handle that number of people which led to the dire conditions following the storm hitting the city. That's not an evacuation...despite Nagin's claim that it was. If he'd followed the evacuation plan they had in place and not waited until the last moment to declare a mandatory evacuation they would have gotten thousands more out of the city before the storm hit...they would have saved lives...and they would have made the job of the people coming to help them a whole lot easier. Instead Nagin made things a whole lot harder...and then LIKE YOU...he whined about how long it was taking!

I haven't even commented on "how long it was taking". I was freaking out of town by then.

Your point was about "insurance liability". And it ain't there.

Color me surprised.

Oh wait -- they did.

I haven't even commented on "how long it was taking". I was freaking out of town by then.

Oh, like a typical Democrat, you wanted "free insurance"???

Pay for it, like the rest of us....

Want to talk Obozocare yet????

Color me surprised.

Oh wait -- they did.

Oh, like a typical Democrat, you wanted "free insurance"???

Pay for it, like the rest of us....

Want to talk Obozocare yet????

(a) I posted nothing about "wanting insurance" here or anywhere else;
(b) I'm not a Democrat;
(c) We could talk "Obozocare" -- which has zero to do with Katrna -- but I doubt you could keep up, being obviously illiterate.

Forum List

Back