Brown: Stimulus Did Not Create One Job

☭proletarian☭;1984155 said:
We'd also be better off economically if everything at the Walmart, magically, was free. What's your point, exactly?

No we wouldn't. Because then Walmart wouldn't have anything and would ultimately go out of business depriving poor and middle class people of a cheap alternative to their higher prices competitors.

If it were free, then it'd be the cheapest alternative possible. Anyone charging for the goods would be told to fuck off.

Are you really that dense?

I am certainly as dense as I appear to be.

But are you really naive enough to believe that Walmart would have any products if everything in the store were free? Are you really naive enough to believe that they would somehow stay in business without bringing in any revenue?

But are you really naive enough to believe that Walmart would have any products if everything in the store were free? Are you really naive enough to believe that they would somehow stay in business without bringing in any revenue?

Did you read the post?

Did you see the word 'magically'?

That explains it.

☭proletarian☭;1984193 said:

Did you read the post?

That explains it.

No, I didn't read the post. I just guessed he was talking about Walmart having free products.

☭proletarian☭;1984193 said:

Did you read the post?

That explains it.

No, I didn't read the post. I just guessed he was talking about Walmart having free products.

facepalm.jpg

just... stop posting...

Alright, but you're just gonna keep making a fool of yourself.

I tried to help you.

☭proletarian☭;1984256 said:
Alright, but you're just gonna keep making a fool of yourself.

I tried to help you.

No, you didn't try to help me whatsoever. You have, however, tried to belittle me and insult me. If I'm making a fool of myself then I'd suggest that that would be my problem, and is nothing you need to worry about.

☭proletarian☭;1984276 said:
I tried to be nice...

Once again, being condescending, confrontational, and insulting is not trying to be nice. Or, at the very least, not trying very hard.

:clap2:

I know some of you don't trust or understand who this guy Brown is yet. He is one of us. He is the real deal, so get ready. This guy is aimed squarely at Obama.

Since his election, the NYC terror trials did a 180 and will be changing the venue. The health care debacle, that was sure to be rammed down our throats, is now history.

I know, we've all suffered disappointment before in politicians. Let's all stand back and watch this guy. From poverty to the voice of the people in Massachusetts, good man. I hope you get the opportunity to learn more from him.

It has not created one damn job in my state either.

Well government can't create jobs, so he's correct there.

Yes--you are correct

Government does not create or provide jobs.

It just redistribute wealth. and pay useless people to look busiy.

Like the military for instance--no jobs there. Totally useless. should we not disband them?

Or the intelligence community---ever hear of 9/11? Hey--where are those WMDs, Mr CIA agent. Those guys do nothing.

Let us not talk about the feds and the SEC!! Bernie Madoff showed us how good they really . Even Ponzi could not make a scheme as big as Ol Bernie created.

In fact, when I listen to conservatvies talk, I often ask myself--what is the importance of government? It does nothing but sit around and take people money. It fails on the job of providing security. Maybe government was always a left wing con game??

Stop being ridiculous. No one is talking about disbanding the military, or the intelligence services. We are talking about cutting out some useless waste in government, cutting ridiculous salaries, ridiculous perks, making 1/4th of public sector workers and growing pay into Social Security for a change, cutting spending, reducing the deficit and paying the Chinese first in our unsustainable debt, and on and on and on. Get out of Iraq, get out of the Obama drug war in Afghanistan, review troop commitments around the globe, review globalization and protect American jobs, and stop whining and do IT, for a change.

God, you Democrats are the biggest punch of whining slugs I have ever seen. Do you all weigh four hundred pounds and on welfare? Get moving, fix the system, it's completely broke dick right now. Wake up. Anyone home McFly?

hmmm...I have two more employees than I had before the stimulus and it is quite possible the stimulus made that possible.

So, IMO, Brown is incorrect, naive, or a liar.

what month did we have a net job creation since feburary of 2009? I dont think we have added jobs to the ecnomony since obama took office. Please show me otherwise so I can stop looking at this thread :)

If you had knowledge of Scott Brown you would understand the intent of his statement. I know I do and I know no one wants to answer my challenge above because we haven't had a month of net job growth since obama took office.

We also haven't had a month of net job losses as bad as they were a year ago.

Right but we still haven't created any net job growth, hence the comment that was made. BTW a year ago Obama was president...you have to say a year and 2 months to go back and stick it on bush ;).

Like i've said in other threads i think it might finally happen next month, it being a month where we actually have some net job creation instead of net job loss.

Kev...we don't live in a perfect world and we never will. Your pipe dream is attractive but unsustainable.

Maybe things will be better in heaven.

:eusa_angel:

This post mirrors my opinion on government paid for/provided health care for all. If we lived in a perfect world obama's health bill would work, but we dont and the ideals promised by the bill are unsustainable economically.

Good job Ravi you gave me another angle :lol:

Being an adherent of the Austrian school I'm sure you'll be able to grasp the concept that government spending requires money to be taken out of the private sector which destroys jobs. So by "creating" jobs, the government is actually destroying real wealth creating jobs in the private sector. And since government "created" jobs do not help the economy or produce real wealth the government hasn't really created a job at all, just destroyed jobs.

That logic is fundamentally flawed. Essentially, all job creation requires investment, i.e., taking money from somewhere else. So by your model, private sector spending requires that money be taken from somewhere else in the private sector, which according to you would destroy jobs.

Secondly it is not accurate to say that government created jobs do not help the economy.

Exchanging resources in the private sector is the market at work. The government taking money out of the private sector is wealth destruction.

The government is just another player in the market. When the government builds roads, the private sector benefits. That is not a destruction of wealth.

I'm well aware. I'm simply attempting to make the point that we'd be better off economically if we didn't have to fund the military.

We'd also be better off economically if everything at the Walmart, magically, was free. What's your point, exactly?

No we wouldn't. Because then Walmart wouldn't have anything and would ultimately go out of business depriving poor and middle class people of a cheap alternative to their higher prices competitors.

I asked you what your point was. You proposed an equally absurd hypothetical.

Forum List

Back