Brown: Stimulus Did Not Create One Job

Titanic Sailor

Aug 31, 2009
:clap2:

I know some of you don't trust or understand who this guy Brown is yet. He is one of us. He is the real deal, so get ready. This guy is aimed squarely at Obama.

Since his election, the NYC terror trials did a 180 and will be changing the venue. The health care debacle, that was sure to be rammed down our throats, is now history.

I know, we've all suffered disappointment before in politicians. Let's all stand back and watch this guy. From poverty to the voice of the people in Massachusetts, good man. I hope you get the opportunity to learn more from him.

Let's see how he builds his voting record before giving him the nod for the 2012 GOP nomination.

That being said, the stimulus did create "some" jobs. Brown should probably watch what he says so shit like that isn't held against him in future elections.

-TSO

What does that mean , exactly, 'saved or created'?

How, after the first month or so, do they estimate what job losses would have been if the stimulus hadn't been passed?

Oh come on now that money is being put to good use.

-- $233,000 to the University of California at San Diego to study why Africans vote. Jobs created: 12, but seven of those are Africans in Africa.

-- In Nevada, $2 million in stimulus money built a new fire station, but because of budget cuts, the county can't afford to hire firefighters to work there.

-- Penn State University got $1.5 million to study plant fossils in Argentina. Of 5 jobs created, 2 belong to Argentines.

-- Researchers the State University of New York at Buffalo got $389,000 to pay 100 Buffalonians $45 each to record how much malt liquor they drink -- and how much pot smoke each day. Consumption is then reported via an automated phone hotline. Cost per job: almost $200,000.

-- The Obama administration is spending $5 billion to weatherize homes. But one Texas county spent $4 million to weatherize just 47 homes. That's $78,000 per house. Each retrofit is supposed to save homeowners $500 a year in energy costs. That means taxpayers will recoup their investment in 156 years, long after the home is probably torn down.

-- Two Arizona universities got almost $1 million dollars so 3 grad students can study how ants work. That's more than $300,000 per job.

-- Companies that raise tropical fish, shellfish, catfish, alligators and even turtles qualify for $50 million in tax money to buy fish food.

-- North Carolina public schools received $4.4 million to hire math and literacy coaches, not for students, but teachers. That's 64 people paid $70,000 each to teach teachers how to teach reading and math.

More . . .

FOXNews.com - Millions in Stimulus Spending Being Doled Out for Questionable Jobs

☭proletarian☭;1977789 said:
Well government can't create jobs, so he's correct there.
What?

Ever heard of public works programs?

What about everyone who works for the fed?

Being an adherent of the Austrian school I'm sure you'll be able to grasp the concept that government spending requires money to be taken out of the private sector which destroys jobs. So by "creating" jobs, the government is actually destroying real wealth creating jobs in the private sector. And since government "created" jobs do not help the economy or produce real wealth the government hasn't really created a job at all, just destroyed jobs.

:clap2:

I know some of you don't trust or understand who this guy Brown is yet. He is one of us. He is the real deal, so get ready. This guy is aimed squarely at Obama.

Since his election, the NYC terror trials did a 180 and will be changing the venue. The health care debacle, that was sure to be rammed down our throats, is now history.

I know, we've all suffered disappointment before in politicians. Let's all stand back and watch this guy. From poverty to the voice of the people in Massachusetts, good man. I hope you get the opportunity to learn more from him.

Why are you applauding??? He's lying to you and it's obvious. Now, you don't have to be in favor of the stimulus bill or Obama; but why are you cheering something that on it's face you KNOW is a lie?

This is what really pains me about our politics.

70% of the stimulus cash here in Massachusetts went to state employee salaries. It was a government bailout bill. Once the cash gone, it's gone. Government will be forced to reform, downsize, and cut costs which is what the entire world knew this government needed to do.

Not one job, enough of Obama's fuzzy math.

We, the people, aren't buying it any more!

Stimulus saves hacks - BostonHerald.com

since government "created" jobs do not help the economy or produce real wealth

Not necessarily true. Depending on the job, real wealth can be created, just as in the private sector. There is no difference in that regard between a manufacturer paid directly by his boss or through State channels.

Removing money from the market through taxes does not necessarily destroy jobs, if the wealth was not being used to create wealth in the first place (eg: money taken from Bill Gates' bank account, where it sits and does nothing).

If the State fills a role that private enterprise was not fulfilling, or creates a job that the private market had not, then jobs are created, so long as the job creates some wealth for which their is a market.

While government intervention usually has a negative impact, it does not necessarily have to.

or saved,

hack government jobs when government needs to downsize and get out of the people's way.

Forum List

Back